LegacyGT.com

spring suggestions?

el scorcho

I used to have an integra and I swapped out the springs with the integra type-r's, which gave a slightly firmer drive with also a slight drop 1" or less.

I was hoping for something similar for my 06 LGT and the few that I've seen in my research shows the the tein h-techs are along those lines. I thought about the STI pinks, but the reviews say they were too harsh for some people and the drop seemed more than I wanted.

keep in mind that I'd prefer not going over bumps/dips at an angle.

so...my priorities are:

1. better performance/handling than stock (nose dives for the loss)

2. ride quality (ladies love the smooth ride :lol: )

3. cost! I'd prefer not to spend $300+ for springs.

Iwouldn't put Tein's on my riding mower....but hey that's just me.

Why? You have to give more info then that.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Iwouldn't put Tein's on my riding mower....but hey that's just me.

Pinks or Swifts FTW

Please elaborate. Making such a bold (yet seemingly factless) statement, requires some reasoning. I've got, as a lot of other members, on this list do, some flavor of Tein's (either S-tech or H-tech), and I've been very happy with them. I have a great deal of respect for much of what you've said on this list, but this needs some clarification.

Because back in 2000 when I had my 2.5RS everybody was raving about how great the Tein springs were so I bought a set matched with KYB-AGX struts. Sure they looked good, nice low stance, but they rode horribly and made the car's handling worse...within a year the springs were sagging. I was not the only RS owner that made the same complaint...and I continue to hear the same complaints from owners of newer model WRX's and Legacy's that have installed them.

On the RS I upgraded to a better "name brand" spring and never had any more issues in the 5 years I owned the car. So I wasted the money I initially spent on the Teins, when I should have just bought a better quality spring to begin with.

IMHO I would rather spend a little extra now and have a spring that is going to last and perform for awhile, that's why I recomended the Pinks or Swifts....

anyone else waiting for eibachs? i'm beginning to feel like the only one.

i really trust the company but jeez they are taking their sweet time in R&D. Last word from them was "could be as late as winter..."- how long has this model been out? and yet every vendor teases on their site with a part number.

Archived