LegacyGT.com

Keep a look out on 95..Iamboon's 28hr trip to TDC.....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CONGRATS ON A SUCCESSFUL TRIP!!

How many hours did it take b/c i'm making the same trip on August 22nd! NY to Tampa, straight shot!

it took 20 hrs to nj... good luck.. its really not a bad drive in the GT

well autos are hard here

because its not an exact match on the tach the #'s look all weird

for reference a TMIC/up/dp/cbe/prodrive sol tune here makes like 240 whp

and after the Tq converter spike 270ish 280 tq (which is kinda off too)

Boons car on pump gas made 32o ftlbs and 290 whp (his Tq converter flash dosent afect his as much down low)

on race gas mixed in to 93 im guessin 97 98 octane 345 ftlbs and 305 whp

mind you my dyno reads about 10% lower than average as well

and these autos load up real weird as well

like the stall @5K that just loads the shit out of the car

all in all he pulls 4.86+ V on his maf

hits 24 psi tapering to 22 on racegas and the car hauls funkin azz

@ least its fixed and running right, i wont point fingers as to why it was messed up in the first place but it wasnt a tune or anything I installed

for reference a MT FMIC 20G made 310 whp here 22psi taper 19 with a stock cat back same car made 340 on a dynojet 12 hours later

another MT FMIC 20G lgt on STOCK fuel made 290ish TBE exhaust

another MT TMIC 18G made 290 whp w stock catback and just a pump

another MT FMIC 18G made 320 whp TBE pump and injectors

typical stage 2 car makes like 240-250, headers and tmic - 260ish (all stock CBE)

my car made 270 headers dp tgv tmic and inlet hose

itsnot about apeak # as we all know

ill post a chart of boon over stage 2 its pretty impressive

wow thats alot of typing

Jon - please post the Dyno charts for all to see.

The car is pulling nicely. My goal was to get to 350 whp so looks like I will be moving to another turbo.

Car still is leaning out around 5500 to 6500 rpm. Jon thinks it may be a fuel pump issue so I will call Sean at RallyTech as I have the AVO fuel pump.

Long day got back in at 4:15 am....

Jon - please post the Dyno charts for all to see.

The car is pulling nicely. My goal was to get to 350 whp so looks like I will be moving to another turbo.

Car still is leaning out around 5500 to 6500 rpm. Jon thinks it may be a fuel pump issue so I will call Sean at RallyTech as I have the AVO fuel pump.

Long day got back in at 4:15 am....

Are you heading to the track soon, do u have a vbgarage with all your mods also?

Traveling back on 95s had a restful day yesterday. Pics will follow soon. Next rest stop I will check back via my BlackBerry. Got to love technology...between the bb and my Eclipse 6600 Nav device really makes for a easier trip!

Car is running real strong! In north Carolina looking for a good place to eat.

Unbelievable that I am still avg 35ish mph (gallons used divided by miles driven) i do not know of any other 290 whp car that gets this good of mileage!

Damn, those graphs look nice ! :D Congrats - and I hope you're home, tucked-away safely already! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Got in at 9:10 am just in time to jump into my work:)

Opted not to eat in NC as I was enjoying the drive... had picked up a bagel while I was NJ and had that for dinner..

The car needs an oil change and a wash... I will do that tonight!

THANKS everyone for your support!

The car is running real strong... I think the ECU has settled into the new tune and it is running better:) :) :)

props to Jon for making a 290 whp LGT that gets 35mpg highway:icon_bigg

The car is running real strong... I think the ECU has settled into the new tune and it is running better:) :) :)

props to Jon for making a 290 whp LGT that gets 35mpg highway:icon_bigg

Wow! Impressive all around. How much hp at the flywheel?

We don't really use flywheel but if you apply 20% rule to it then around 350

It just puts it into perspective for me when I compare to it the Spec. B's advertized #s. I would imagine that AWD would have an even higher loss.

Your mpg is impressive. How much do you think you've spent on your various Stage mods? What pressure are your ties at? What temps/humidity where you mainly running in? Using AC (if you haven't ripped it out to cut down on weight :icon_wink )? Median speeds? Drafting? Tailwinds?

It just puts it into perspective for me when I compare to it the Spec. B's advertized #s. I would imagine that AWD would have an even higher loss.

Your mpg is impressive. How much do you think you've spent on your various Stage mods? What pressure are your ties at? What temps/humidity where you mainly running in? Using AC (if you haven't ripped it out to cut down on weight :icon_wink )? Median speeds? Drafting? Tailwinds?

engine mods (AP, CBE, Headers, up, dp, turbo, air/water TMIC, set up including Crucial Coating) about $5000K (this does not include some of the 'test mods' I used to find the optimal setup)

tires were 40 psi all the way around, ac on, no drafting (did not want to get a rock popped up into the car) 80 temp 85 hum, avg speed 65, tailwinds did not pay attention

Congrats on a great trip and tune! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Great thread! Excellent trip, Boon!

Thanks - when I was in NJ saw a 67 Camaro convertible that the guy may sell. not org motor (vette motor) restored in good condition butter nut yellow black top. I may buy although he does not know what he wil sell for... any suggestions?

Archived