LegacyGT.com

Adjustable rear control arm.

SQC049

HKS Kansai just released this adjustable rear control arm set. Now people with lowered cars can adjust rear camber quickly and easily. Here is a pic:

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=579

I am going to order a set next week. I'll take pics once they are on the car. Japan parts has them, not a bad price I think.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

those have actually been out for awhile now. I have a set that I had made. Theyre undergoing testing at this point. The price for the kansai units are kinda high around 300 or so shipped.

This is the first I have seen them. Can you get them? I'm curious what I should expect to pay shipped for a set?

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

yea, I posted about adjustable control arms awhile ago, there are other company brands out there as well.. there were also a few local USDM companies looking into making one here in the states..
Ya, you were the one that gave me the idea to get these sourced. All the other companies were selling these for the high 200 to 300 range which I believe is a bit too pricey for this type of piece.

As far as I know the jdm companies that have this piece available are:

• cusco
  • beatrush
  • hks kansai service

The ones I am having made will be around $200 shipped. They are being tested for durability at this point. The first set didn't pass muster. The hks kansai set ends up being around $320 shipped.

Any ideal when your control arms will be ready? I might just wait to install my springs once I get them.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Mine were $339 shipped from Japanparts.com back in March. The inside edges of my OE rear tires showed significant wear within a few months after I lowered the LGT with Tein H-tech springs. The HKS adjustable lateral links allowed the excessive negative camber to be dialed out. Nice even wear so far across the summer treads I put on this Spring.

Mine were $339 shipped from Japanparts.com back in March. The inside edges of my OE rear tires showed significant wear within a few months after I lowered the LGT with Tein H-tech springs. The HKS adjustable lateral links allowed the excessive negative camber to be dialed out. Nice even wear so far across the summer treads I put on this Spring.

what was the before and after readouts of the camber???

normally toe is what you are more worried about.

Keefe

what was the before and after readouts of the camber???

normally toe is what you are more worried about.

I couldn't find the printout in my files at the moment (time to feed the shredder again) but from what I recall befores at the rear were -2.5 & -1.9*. I asked for -0.5 which I believe they got spot-on. Toe before #s were pretty much nil, with the worst being 5/64". The afters actually ended up being a bit more off overall.

Are they suppling both arms? I do not see the open ended part (the longer arm of the two)

We have completed testing on them, they are ready to go. They will last on any car in any condition FOR LIFE. Just as all of our other products. However, it will be impossible to offer our product at the price point. We unfortunatly are not interested to providing a price to the end user that is as low as possible. We develop the part to work and perform, the final price is decided afterwards. From that point we determine if it is worth going into production or not.

It will be in the 700$ range for the bushing option including shipping as a special for the GB. List will be 795$ plus transport.

I will send pics shortly.

Cheers,

-mark

Are they suppling both arms? I do not see the open ended part (the longer arm of the two)

We have completed testing on them, they are ready to go. They will last on any car in any condition FOR LIFE. Just as all of our other products. However, it will be impossible to offer our product at the price point. We unfortunatly are not interested to providing a price to the end user that is as low as possible. We develop the part to work and perform, the final price is decided afterwards. From that point we determine if it is worth going into production or not.

It will be in the 700$ range for the bushing option including shipping as a special for the GB. List will be 795$ plus transport.

I will send pics shortly.

Cheers,

-mark

As always, I'm sure the piece that MSI produces will be a beautiful well crafted piece. The price will also reflect that. The piece that I have gotten made looks extremely similar to the kansai piece. It'll do its intended job at a much lower price point.

btw, hyundai's are built much better nowadays.:lol:

At least we can make people talk ;)

I assure you there is not a 100% mark-up on these parts. You can also swap up the bushings (same type as the endlinks - 2 piece) for the teflon bearings we use if you decide to go full race!

-mark

At least we can make people talk ;)

I assure you there is not a 100% mark-up on these parts. You can also swap up the bushings (same type as the endlinks - 2 piece) for the teflon bearings we use if you decide to go full race!

-mark

Ya, I know you guys make that stuff in-house which is definitely not cheap. I've seen some of your previous pieces. The pricing definitely shows in the craftmanship.

Archived