LegacyGT.com

Looking for new horns

CasopoliS

I want to mount 2 horns to the front of the car behind the grill. Too many idiots on the road and I want a new sound anyway, almost got swiped again this morning and the old lady did not even hear my horn. At the light I said "you almost hit me... did you even hear my horn!!!!????". She replied... "WHAT?!!!???". No traffic noise, we were at a dead stop.... she must have been deaf. Serisouly lady... some people should not be driving.

Anyway.... I am looking for Hella Supertones or Bosch Supertones. The Bosch are a deeper tone from what I hear and are louder than the Hellas. They are silver in color, which might contrast with the car (ABP) better than the red-accented Hellas.

Where can I buy these? I tried froogle and Ebay and came up with nothing. I found some Hella Supertones on ebaymotors, but that was it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here's a link to some: HornsPlus Automotive: Air horns for sport cars, motorcycles, boats, and emergency vehicles

I'm thinking of trying one of the two, but I'm not sure what the one on the right is all about- it looks like maybe it's louder or something.

I bought the Twin Magnum from them (check link above). I am also going to add one Stebel Nautilus Compact. However for that one I found better price here:

Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone 12-Volt Air Horn, 139 dB: Discount Motorcycle Accessories from California Sport Touring, Inc.=

rallylights.com has a great selection as well. I put two Stebel Nautilus in....loud as hell, but blowing fuses. Wiring them up off relays tonight. ;)

<shameless plug>my Hella SuperTones will be for sale</plug>

do the supertones have more of a lower note or a higher note like our stock horns? I'm looking for something that isnt so dinky....

High note, very directional, very NOT dinky

• 3 weeks later...

Archived