LegacyGT.com

spring & sway bar ?

itsme

so far on my lgt 5mt wagon I have whiteline f&r sway bars and 19x7.5 w/225/35/19. The car handles very well now and the ride is smooth. Only thing I don't like is the dive and squat. If I get h-tech springs will they fix that? Wil the ride get bad? or should I just get a pulley?
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Stop just looking at the thread and post something:icon_bigg
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

so far on my lgt 5mt wagon I have whiteline f&r sway bars and 19x7.5 w/225/35/19. The car handles very well now and the ride is smooth. Only thing I don't like is the dive and squat. If I get h-tech springs will they fix that? Wil the ride get bad? or should I just get a pulley?

Anything with a higher spring rate will resist squat/dive/roll but will also result in a rougher ride.

How much? I'm the wrong to ask since I've never lowered a car. I have, however, just installed Cobb sways and it did make the ride noticablly rougher. Do I regret it, not for the majority of my driving. Though I am curious if the swifts would be a better balance for the road.

The car handles very well now and the ride is smooth. Only thing I don't like is the dive and squat. If I get h-tech springs will they fix that? Wil the ride get bad?

Like Keefe says - the sway is more a personal-preference issue, "performance-handling" wise. ;) As for ride compromises, some say that any felt change is minimal in terms of ride-comfort decreases, but others, such as Spinjockey, have been able to feel detriments in this area.

As for the springs, yes, it'll work wonders to reduce acceleration-squat and brake-dive, but yes, any set is going to be somewhat of a compromise to ride.

Will the ride be "bad?"

That's very, very subjective. Certainly, there are "slammed to the ground" sets out there that can make for a rather jarring ride, but whether you perceive even that to be disagreeable - particularly any more or less than any other person's opinion/feeling - that's gonna be up to you.

If you can find local LGT enthusiasts who have upgraded their suspension components, particularly if they've only changed, say, the springs, see if you can't get a ride-along with them to see how such springs suit you.

Overall, the H-Techs are not considered to be too "rough" in the Import Sport-Compact world - however, this in and of itself can be quite a subjective statement, given the crowd. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I'd say that iON's, for me anyway, give you 95% of the comfort of the stock ride. I really didn't notice it being "rougher" just tighter and more surefooted. With the performance advantage I would never go stock again.

I think it's due to iON doing a great job and the fact the fronts are progressive.

Archived