LegacyGT.com

Cruise Control Failing

GoSix

Well, I've been doing my best to replicate the failure. What I've come up with so far... "It seems" I can cruise all day @ any speed in 3rd or 5th gear. In 4th gear I CAN repeatedly get it to fail. Here's how. Get out on a nice open hwy.... Shift up to 5th gear.... Accelerate to 68 MPH and set the cruise.... Drive for a few miles.... NO problem. Downshift to 4th gear.. Press the cruise lever "UP" to "Resume" set Cruise speed. (68 MPH) "My car" won't travel over 2 miles in 4th gear at this speed without the cruise disengaging on its own repeatedly. Setting the cruise speed lower or higher "seems" to avoid the problem altogether. [b]I'd like everyone to try to cruise @ 68 MPH in 4th gear and let me know the results.[/b] It's got to be a bug in the software! I have NO failures playing with the shift linkage. NO failures bumping the pedals side to side. (All 3 pedals) And applying the handbrake does not disengage the cruise at all.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dropped my car off on Monday night, they are sending out the ECU to have it re-programmed, hopefully this will fix the CC issue. They gave me a rent-a car instead of a loaner vehicle. I went through Enterprise, I had a choice of a 05 Ford Focus (free-Subaru pays $30 a day) or pay an extra $10 a day for 05 Volvo S60. I took the S60, I must say, its a pretty nice car. Very smooth and comfortable.

Weird, after six months of ownership, my car is going in next Tuesday for a CC issue. I was driving along in Cruise, and all of a sudden the Cruise stopped working, the Cruise light started flashing, and the CEL came on. It's now been that way for a week, and everything seems to work fine except for the CC.

I am still waiting to get my car back, probably won't be til Friday. The dealership is still waiting for Subaru to send back my ECU. I wonder if the new software they are loading will give the car more power? most likely not, but one can hope. Anyway, I still have the S60, after driving it for over week, I can say that it is a very nice car, but I miss my Legacy and it is not even a GT. I would not spend 30-40K for an S60, I would opt for something else.

• 2 weeks later...
So Tuesday I get a call from the dealer and he tells me my car is still not ready and he has some bad news. Apparently the jerkoffs at Subaru in California that do the programming were supposed to send it out on Friday, but they screwed up and didn't ship it til Monday. It might be done tomorrow if they recieve the ECU. It has been over two freakin weeks. I miss my car.

• 1 month later...
I'm sending my car in for the CC problem next week. Has anyone had this issue completely resolved? Is there any information I need to give to the dealer that will point them in the right direction? I've seen this happen in my car on rare occasion until we were coming home from a trip to DC the other day. Now it won't stay on for more than a few seconds at highway speeds.

The dealership had my ECU re-programmed and this seemed to fix the issue. But after my whole ordeal, since I have had my car back, it failed again a couple of times when I was on the thruway. I haven't called the dealer on it yet. I am going to play with it some more and make sure it is an absolute problem. Before they re-programmed the ECU, it was real bad, it would not stay on for longer then a few seconds. Now it seems fine except for the occasional time that it turns it self off. We will see. I have to work this whole weekend so I will be cruising on the thruway alot, I am going to see how many times it happens.

• 1 year later...

I have the same P0852 problem. I never noticed it with the stock flash so I may try putting it back on and just have a slow car lol. The flash I'm using is a base flash I got off a friend called "a2wf200nPERconomyRev3b.hex". The car also likes to lurch forward at times from a stop easing into the gas.

I'm wondering if anyone might know anything about this flash... perhaps there is an update or newer flash? I think I may have bought someone elses problem(s) tho... it's been one thing after another with this car.

• 2 months later...
Had this problem when I drove cross country, with cobb ap ( I think this or a combo of this and other things caused it for me) Anyhow when I was driving cvross counrty the fist couple days were fine (stage 1 w/93 oct map) all good.... then When I started getting 91 oct I switched maps to the stage 1 w/91 oct map, thats when the crusie started to fail... Would work fine for like 3-4 hours. Then would not hold. I had to have it "the cruise" so I tryed pulling over and reflashing the ecu, and it worked.... each time I flashed the ecu the cruise would hold for like 3-4 hours. Anyhow now Im in cali and have since sold my ap and the car ecu is stock, and I have not had this problem once.... of course Im not driving nearly as long of distances out here....

Archived