LegacyGT.com

Cruise Control Failing

GoSix

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright so I called my dealer to tell him that this cartridge might have been released to fix the ECU, he says thats not true, the only "known" fix was the ECU flash. Anyway, the SOA District Rep is coming Thursday morning to look at my car and possibly meet with me. I will keep you all posted.

Hi All, Subrau district rep drove my car yesterday said that he couldnt get the problem to occur. Nonetheless I'm serving SOA and the dealer with a letter by certified mail that I feel that they have been given sufficent opportunity to rectify the situation and have not been able to and further that I now plan to invoke my state's "Lemon Law". I'll keep you all updated. Cheers

Hi All I have the same problem since one year. First, the dealer checked the clutch and break switch, everything look fine. After that he flashed the engine ECM. Same issue. After that he changed the engine ECM. Same issue. He replaced the CC Switch. Same problem. After that, once again a new Engine ECM. Then he changed the body ECM.Nothing helps. The problem is still there. But I'm happy that I'm not the only one with this problem. Greetings from Switzerland

• 2 weeks later...
On my way to work this morning, my cruise control did the exact same thing. I too though I tapped the break by accident. I turned off the CC completely, then turned it back on and set it at about 80 mph (NYS Thruway) Maybe 4 or 5 times on my way to work, the CC would just turn off. I have an appt this saturday to have my oil changed, I am going to call this morning and let them know this is happening.

I have the same problem since I bought the car but getting worst during tha last couple of month. My dealer said it is a know problem and he's waiting for a cartridge for next week. I said it happen only on 5-speed manual. Will give you news soon.

This thuersday, I had a testdrive with a[color=black] technician[/color]. I think, we found the problem. At the 4 gear, the neutral switch, switch on and off. More than once per second. Next week, I have to change the neutral switch, and then I will se what happen. I let you know about this. I saw, that others of you had also change the neutral switch and then the problem occur again. We will see. cu Kiwi sorry for my bad english ;););)

Hey Kiwi, I noticed the same exact behavior in my ride last night. I was about 40 mins into a 1.5 hr drive. I've actually had the switch replaced before and I'm actually being told again that it needs to be replaced. thanks for the update.

:) Last thurday the dealer updated the software for cruise controle and I have driven for more than 200Km (120miles) without having any problem with it. Before that, The cruise control failed after only few seconds. It seems to Work finally.

While I was at the dealer getting an oil change, I asked one of the technicians about this and he said that if your going 80+ mph, the cruise control will kick off. When this happened to me I was on the NYS Thruway and was probably doing about 80, sometimes faster. On my way home from work the other day, I stayed under 80 and the cc did not kick off one time and I am on the NYS Thruway for about an hour before I get off my exit. This is probably not the same problem as some of you were having.

We just finished an 800 mile round trip with the cruise set at 82 (we were being passed) and the cruise never faltered up/down/straightaway. I'm at 15,000 miles and have had no issues with the cruise at all. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I'm at 40,000 miles and my cruise just started acting up as described in this thread. My ECU was reflashed by SOA at 35k miles in an attempt to fix the studdering problem, so I'm not sure if this is related, but probably not. I hope I can still get warranty coverage. :(

Well what do you know..... Cruise repeatedly failed on me on 2 separate trips last night. 4th gear, 5th gear, 45-65 MPH set points. I use the CC everyday, and up until last night it has never disengaged. The car is 13 Months old with approx. 13,000 miles. I'll sit on it a bit. I'm in no rush to have my car sit at the dealers for a few days for a fix/reflash that "may or may not" resolve the problem. As this is my first Subaru, I am not very impressed with the overall build, and to be honest, I would NOT consider another new Subaru. Annoying rattles, constant engine stuttering, small scratches all around the radios volume knob, yet I have no sharp fingernails. And now this, and I find out here there is no known absolute solution.

I alerted the NHTSA on this issue. I think everyone with the same problem should also. [url]http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/[/url] Office of Defects Investigation [B]VOQ ConfirmationYour Complaint Information is successfully submitted. [/B] Your Confirmation number (ODI Number) is: XXXXXXXX Your Complaint InformationConsumer Information Name : Mr. XXXXXXX Org. Name : Address : XXXXXXXX City, State, Zip : XXXXXXX USA Daytime Phone : XXXXXXXX Ext : Evening Phone : Fax : Email : XXXXXXXXX [I][B]Complaint Information Description : Under normal driving conditions, Cruise Control disengages randomly causing unexpected vehicle deceleration.[/B][/I] Incident Date : 11/2/2005 Fire : No Num. Failures : 25 Property Damage : No Num. Deaths : 0 Crash : No Num. Injured : 0 Police Report : No Referral Source : NHTSA top Vehicle Information VIN : 4S3BL6XXXXXXXX Purchase Date : XXXX/2004 Manufacturer : SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. Year, Make and Model : 2005/SUBARU/LEGACY Original Owner : Yes # of Cylinders : 4 Trans. Type : MANUAL Engine Size : 2.5 VehicleDetails Usage : RECREATIONAL Cruise Control : Yes Antilock Brakes : Yes Current Mileage : 13000 Speed : 62 Failure Mileage : 12000 Powertrain : ALL WHEEL DRIVE Body Style : 4-DOOR Fuel System : TURBO Fuel Type : GAS Vehicle Type : PASSENGER CAR Vehicle Component Information Component 1: VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:CRUISE CONTROL OEM: Yes Vehicle Dealer Information Dealer : 1 Name : XXXXXXXXX Dealer Type : SALES DEALER Address : XXXXXXXXXXX Dealer Phone: Dealer Fax: Email: An enginge stuttering alert will also be submitted.

So my car is at the dealer right now. Got an oil change, a headlight bulb blew out so they replaced that and the fuel door wouldnt open so they fixed that as well. As far as the cruise control failing, they told me that there is a bulletin on it and they have to send out computer chip to fix it....I drop it off on Monday and I won't have a car for 3 days. I asked about a loaner car and she said they don't have a loaner program and normally don't do it but they will take care of me. hmmm...guess I'll find out on Monday what they are giving me.

Archived