LegacyGT.com

Questions!

I just bought my 2006 Legacy GT Limited last Wednesday. I broke the 1,000 mile mark today. What do I do now? Should I take it to my dealer and do they do a 1,000 mile service or should I just get the oil changed or what??

Also, I'm interested in modding my car. As of right now my car is 100% stock, but within the next couple days I'm getting my windows tinted. I'm new to mods and don't know much about the subject. I'm interested in the Cobb Accessport. My understanding is that I just buy the stage one accessport and plug it in and it will increase my HP and torque, right? Is there anything else I need to get or should buy before the get the accessport?? Or if anybody has any recommendations on how to start modding your car, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys!

BTW, I'll be posting some pics of my ride within the next couple days. =]

I just bought my 2006 Legacy GT Limited last Wednesday. I broke the 1,000 mile mark today. What do I do now? Should I take it to my dealer and do they do a 1,000 mile service or should I just get the oil changed or what??

:rtfm:

my first service was teh 3000 miles oil change

I'm interested in the Cobb Accessport. My understanding is that I just buy the stage one accessport and plug it in and it will increase my HP and torque, right?

right

Is there anything else I need to get or should buy before the get the accessport??

you can get an AP+map package from TDC Tuning, or you can buy an AP from the site owner if you want to support this site

This Space For Rent

:rtfm:

my first service was teh 3000 miles oil change

right

you can get an AP+map package from TDC Tuning, or you can buy an AP from the site owner if you want to support this site

Yeah, I really do need to read the manual, didn't get around to it yet, heh.

Which is better the AP Stage One package from Cobb or the one from TDC Tuning???

I also plan to donate to this site because it's been a lot of help so far. =]

Yes, read the manual, however I am a firm believer in the early first oil change.

It's only $20 or so, and although modern methods and materials my mean its not absolutely necessary, you must get extra wear as pieces seat in. That wear means more junk in the oil. Junk in the oil makes the filter less efficient and can cause even more wear.

I know some real car guys will chime in, but like I said--it's only $20 or so, has no negative side effects, so why not?

P.

Welcome, Paracitick. :)

As the others have already covered your most-pressing issues, I'd simply like to offer a word of advice:

Slow-down. ;)

Not in your driving, but rather, in your eagerness to mod.

Go ahead and get the AccessPORT and enjoy your vehicle's newfound "life" at "Stage I" for a while. There's absolutely no harm in that.

But while you're waiting for the item to ship/arrive as well as for a few days or even weeks after you've jacked her in/up, take some good time to READ these Forums. There's truly an amazing amount of information here, and if you take the time to digest things, you'll find that within a week or so's time of dedicated reading, you'll have most of your questions/concerns answered, and probably will have worked out a nice "plan of attack" for future mods, too.

Don't forget to take advantage of the search engine. Type in something simple to begin with - such as "begin mods," and you'll see many threads where others may delineate such initial plans. From there, get more detailed and search up each unique mod.

Best of luck! And I wish you many happy, safe, and speedy miles in your new LGT. :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Welcome & congrats on the car:)

No service is needed @ 1k just leave the break in oil in the crankcase until 3k.

Then I would strongly suggest doing your own oil changes.

The AP is a great first mod, very good bang for the buck. If you purchase your AP through TDC tuning they give you a very good price plus the option of a Protune eTune for a very low price:)

Since you are joining the mod degenerates do not forget the suspension food first step is F&R sways........

Good luck

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Thanks for your responses guys.

I think I'm going to go to my dealer tomorrow and talk to the guy who sold me the car (he also owns a LGT 5mt) and see what his personal rec is regarding the whole oil change thing, or I may just go get it done for a piece of mind.

As for mods, I agree that I'm jumping into things fast. I'm only 18 and I've been driving a '04 Forester 4AT and a Chevy Avalanche for the last 2 years so this cars a HUGE change and I want more, haha.

I'll prob get the AP within the next few weeks too.

If anyone has any advice feel free to chime in. :icon_bigg

I'm only 18 and I've been driving a '04 Forester 4AT and a Chevy Avalanche for the last 2 years so this cars a HUGE change and I want more, haha.

Kid is going to kill himself. Unless an 18 year old is taking 250hp strictly to the track, there is more than enough power right out of the box for kids to ruin their parents' lives. Sorry to be such a downer but the actuarial tables speak for themselves.

Kid is going to kill himself. Unless an 18 year old is taking 250hp strictly to the track, there is more than enough power right out of the box for kids to ruin their parents' lives. Sorry to be such a downer but the actuarial tables speak for themselves.

No, I understand completely. I've heard this before from people, but I've had too many close encounters that I've learned from to just drive like an a$$hole and throw my life away. :(

That got personal really quickly haha :lol:

step 1: mod the $#%@ out of your car

step 2: post your mods, and bask in all the accolades from fellow forum members about how rad your car is

step 3: as soon as your engine locks up or your electrical system goes haywire, whine about how unreliable subarus are and how rotten SOA is for not warranting the needed repair work

step 4: trade in your car and sell off all your mods on here for ½ of what you paid for them

Well, when a member here recently died in his legacy, which he bought from another member, and claimed not to be a street racer... people are a little touchy.

I mean no disrespect of the dead, but to be killed in an accident, in a car with superior crash ratings, some major laws of physics were putting the smackdown on that situation... something went VERY wrong, and it may or may not have been due to the driver's actions, or even inaction. It is a really bad situation, and one that we should learn from, if possible.

Not to mention several other young people, on and off the forum have been damaging their Legacys in various circumstances involving varying degrees of recklessness.

Phone pole... New York City bridge... and a tree, IIRC, come to mind in all separate circumstances. the later two being lethal incidents for people.

It isn't necessarily personal. All of us here older than that general age have survived that period in our own lives... but the fact still remains, that less experience can lead to dangerous situations. You may be a good driver.... (definitely... definitely a good driver. :D j/k) and you certainly seem to think you are. We'd rather you live to become a better one.

Bad things can happen, regardless. Sometimes by chance, and sometimes due to overconfidence, or not acknowledging limitations. Just be careful, please.

step 1: mod the $#%@ out of your car

step 2: post your mods, and bask in all the accolades from fellow forum members about how rad your car is

step 3: as soon as your engine locks up or your electrical system goes haywire, whine about how unreliable subarus are and how rotten SOA is for not warranting the needed repair work

step 4: trade in your car and sell off all your mods on here for ½ of what you paid for them

wow bitter much?

No, I understand completely. I've heard this before from people, but I've had too many close encounters that I've learned from to just drive like an a$$hole and throw my life away. :(

That got personal really quickly haha :lol:

It always happens to someone else. Well, you're someone else. How's that for getting impersonal quickly?

Welcome, Paracitick. :)

As the others have already covered your most-pressing issues, I'd simply like to offer a word of advice:

Slow-down. ;)

Not in your driving, but rather, in your eagerness to mod.

Go ahead and get the AccessPORT and enjoy your vehicle's newfound "life" at "Stage I" for a while. There's absolutely no harm in that.

But while you're waiting for the item to ship/arrive as well as for a few days or even weeks after you've jacked her in/up, take some good time to READ these Forums. There's truly an amazing amount of information here, and if you take the time to digest things, you'll find that within a week or so's time of dedicated reading, you'll have most of your questions/concerns answered, and probably will have worked out a nice "plan of attack" for future mods, too.

Don't forget to take advantage of the search engine. Type in something simple to begin with - such as "begin mods," and you'll see many threads where others may delineate such initial plans. From there, get more detailed and search up each unique mod.

Best of luck! And I wish you many happy, safe, and speedy miles in your new LGT. :D

Best advise ever. Read , absorb the info, take you time and savor your upgrades.

Archived