LegacyGT.com

D.C. to Baltimore...30.3mpg HWY!

Well, I just got my best gas mileage ever with my Legacy.

2005 GT Limited (MT) 17.6K

D.C. to Baltimore

Speed: 62-70mph using cruise control.

Two or three short bursts of WOT.

One stop for toll.

Two adults...total 275lbs.

In the tank @3 gal. Royal Farms 93 oct. and 8 gal. Exxon 93 oct.

Running AP stage 1 93 octane. (Cobb, v.1.10)

Also using "Fuel Magic" for the past 2 or 3 months. It's really starting to take effect. It's said to increase gas mileage 8% and it seems to be doing so. It also cleans the combustion chamber and safe for all engines. (Also, no loss of power)

Best mileage prior was 28.3mpg hwy from Baltimore to Hagerstown...similar driving style..same map...had just started using fuel magic.

Breakdown:

Stock....25-26mpg hwy

AP....26-28mpg hwy

AP+Fuel Magic....28-30mpg hwy.

almost a 20% increase over stock :icon_bigg

Who needs an economy mode???

wow nice... I'm going to get a good test of my the LGT I bought brand new on the first... because my fiance's id got stolen with her purse a while back, we couldn't catch our flight up to Halifax, Nova Scotia yesterday. Tomorrow we're going to the embassy in DC to see if we can get her an id there. If we can... it's a road trip in the new LGT up to Halifax and back, from Northern VA. I already warned her where ever we hit 3500 miles at, we're stopping for an oil change :p

True dat.. I averaged 76 mph from ATL to Dayton, Ohio and got 23.9 mpg. And you Know that to average those speeds from start to finish I was just a Tad over the recommended highway speeds. 80 to just under 90 was the usual (just following traffic, honest).

32, 30 psi ??

What door are you looking at??

2.5i Tire pressure 32F / 30R

2.5GT Tire pressure 35F / 33R

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

2.5i Tire pressure 32F / 30R

2.5GT Tire pressure 35F / 33R

SBT

I set mine to 44F/42R. That's the way the dealer set it when I bought it.

I haven't noticed any unusual tire wear (center wearing out prematurely). I think that most low profile tires can be pumped up fairly high without worrying about wearing the center tread early.

I only set mine at those pressures for canyon carving and fun runs. 38F/36R for all other driving. Otherwise the MPS A/S are too harsh.

And I've registered 29.7mpg at the 38F/36R setting, cruise at ~70/72 mph... just under boost threshold. Once you're above that for other than a few seconds, mileage starts to drop dramatically. But, that's what happens when you're used to drinking at the trough of boost...lol

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

From their web site: "FUEL MAGIC uses cutting edge polar technology"

WTF ever.

From SFO to SEA and back I averaged 32mpg with AP stage 1, two people and a trunk full of stuff. This includes the climb though the Siskiyous both ways on 91 and 92 octane.

I think the only technology "Fuel Magic" posses is the kind that empties your wallet.

From their web site: "FUEL MAGIC uses cutting edge polar technology"

WTF ever.

From SFO to SEA and back I averaged 32mpg with AP stage 1, two people and a trunk full of stuff. This includes the climb though the Siskiyous both ways on 91 and 92 octane.

I think the only technology "Fuel Magic" posses is the kind that empties your wallet.

It seems to be helpin me a little.

Cruise control, and stay under ~2700 rpm, you can get very nice mpg!!!!

However, if you go over that, foggeda boudit!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

+1

62-70 mph.....roughly 2700-3000rpm.

Wait a second! You only went from DC to Baltimore? That's not far at all! Report back when you get that kind of mileage over the course of 300+ miles.

:yawn:

Why?

I've done similar trips from Baltimore to DC and Baltimore from Hagerstown. My mileage keeps going up yet I am driving the same.

Because you're only showing the mileage you're getting on the highway. That's not very impressive. I've gotten up to 35 mpg (indicated) sustained over the course of 100 miles or so, but it's really impressive if you can get it over the course of a full tank! I'm currently at 408.8 miles on this tank at an indicated average of 30.6 (probably closer to 29.6 actual) and my fuel light just turned on 5 miles back.

I'm hoping to pull 460+ miles on this tank. ;)

EDIT: I've only gotten 32 MPG sustained over about 100 miles.

Had 31.2 sustained over 300 miles though, so that's pretty good.

Call me crazy, but I miss my 5AM DC-to-Baltimore going-to-work blitzin' Cannonball Runs that I used to do in my younger days.

:lol:

It's the trip back that killed me - friggin hour and a half...for the same drive that I could do in 18 minutes, 13 seconds, in the AM!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Because you're only showing the mileage you're getting on the highway. That's not very impressive. I've gotten up to 35 mpg (indicated) sustained over the course of 100 miles or so, but it's really impressive if you can get it over the course of a full tank! I'm currently at 408.8 miles on this tank at an indicated average of 30.6 (probably closer to 29.6 actual) and my fuel light just turned on 5 miles back.

I'm hoping to pull 460+ miles on this tank. ;)

I don't drive consistently on a tank of gas. One week I may go to DC and Hagerstown and another it's all around town....too many variations in driving to really tell. Just wanted to list my experience of hwy mpg. Heck, i started the thread I'll do what ever the hell i want...:lol: :lol: :lol:

if anyone that does all hwy wants to try fuel magic and the ap test...that would be cool.

Archived