LegacyGT.com

The Official Reza Laleh appreciation thread

elxkid

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried asking SMCars/Reza for a quote, but When i did i guess he left, & instead someone named Dawn was dealing with me. Her prices however werent all that great. Maybe i should wait till he comes back & see what he can do for me?

Car salespeople are on commission, so if you worked with Dawn for any length of time, Reza will now have to split the deal with her, or let her finish it up (depending on how far along you are). She may not want him involved at all at this point. You the customer, however, have the power to bring Reza in if that is your desire...especially if Reza can get you a better price.

To those reading- The average car sale commission is in the thousands if the vehicle isn't whored out at a ridiciulously low price, so Dawn, for example, is "in" with you. You are her "up" now and she won't let that go without a fight.

Rarely. Only if it's sold for really cheap. Thousands. Remember that. A salesperson will often go several days without closing a deal on a car (ever seen the row of 'em standing out front?). Competition is fierce. So when they finally do get a sale, it makes their paycheck. That's why Reza's got it good. We come to him and "lay down" on a car (tell him what we want without him doing much work). He deserves it though 'cause he's a good guy.

Guest heightsgtltd

Not saying you are wrong Kagen as I don't work in the industry, but I am confused as to how the commission can be thousands if people are buying LGT's at below invoice?

In any case, I thought the dealership is the one that makes thousands per car.

MSRP if Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. Or as I call it, "The highest price they can sell it at and get the most commission". I (and most people) expect to get a price better than MSRP. If a car salesman sells you a new car at MSRP, they go home for the day and think about taking the next day off.

Not saying you are wrong Kagen as I don't work in the industry, but I am confused as to how the commission can be thousands if people are buying LGT's at below invoice?

In any case, I thought the dealership is the one that makes thousands per car.

The key is what they sell it for. If it's below invoice it's under a thousand (hundreds). That's why a car sale is a negotiation. They want to keep as much margin in the car as they can to keep their numbers looking good and so everyone involved gets paid. Don't forget, the "finance manager" who negotiates the price gets a commission as well, so he'll try everything to charge you the highest APR (they get paid on that too), give you the lowest trade-in price, and the highest price on the car they can talk you into paying.

What I will say is that Reza gets US here at the .com deals that are often below invoice. He def takes care of us and sacrifices his commission to do so. It's smart for him to do that though because we appreciate it, talk about it, and subesequently go back to him as well as recommend him to others.

Car salespeople are on commission, so if you worked with Dawn for any length of time, Reza will now have to split the deal with her, or let her finish it up (depending on how far along you are). She may not want him involved at all at this point. You the customer, however, have the power to bring Reza in if that is your desire...especially if Reza can get you a better price.

To those reading- The average car sale commission is in the thousands if the vehicle isn't whored out at a ridiciulously low price, so Dawn, for example, is "in" with you. You are her "up" now and she won't let that go without a fight.

Well the thing was i did send Reza an Email first, and then he sent back an email. Then Dawn sent me an email because Reza went on Vacation. Her prices are very very unattractive consider the other prices I got.

being that I have worked in the industry for years I will correct you on this.

A car salesman gets a few hundred usually on most car sales. The dealership gets a few thousand and sometimes has competitions going on so the salesman can make some extra $$$ if they win those little dealer competitions.

For subaru's the average profit for a dealership is $2500-3000 dollars per sale. Now this can change depending on how much they markup each accessorie etc.

And yes if you have a salesman currently working with you then it is there up and most GM's will have you split with them so you would get 1/2 a deal and they would get 1/2 a deal. Sometimes though if you do most of the work the GM will just give you the sale.

Now Reza is Fleet/Internet manager so he has priority over all the salesman and thus is not bound by the same rules and restrictions as the sales department.

Word of advice from someone thats been in the industry. When going to buy a car always just go to Fleet sales because they have and will work with you way more then a normal salesman will.

Well the thing was i did send Reza an Email first, and then he sent back an email. Then Dawn sent me an email because Reza went on Vacation. Her prices are very very unattractive consider the other prices I got.

then you can drop Dawn and Reza is your first point of contact.

just go to Reza when he gets back.

She tried stealing his UP so thats her bad. Must be a new sales person or a snake.

Guest heightsgtltd
being that I have worked in the industry for years I will correct you on this.

A car salesman gets a few hundred usually on most car sales. The dealership gets a few thousand and sometimes has competitions going on so the salesman can make some extra $$$ if they win those little dealer competitions.

that's exactly what I thought.

I (as well as some family), too, have been in the business. I know what they make when they stick it to you on price. A non-talented salesperson will drop their pants on price to get the sale (I don't blame them) and make only a few hundred because of it. Versus a salesperson that knows how and when to sell what will make quite a bit more. This is why statistically 80% of a commissioned business's sales are made by 20% of it's salespeople.

the fact is on new cars the commisions are not as high as they are on new cars.

The average for both dealerships I worked for was about $3k to 3,500 per car. They sold roughly 150 cars per month.

the salesman on that deal would get a few hundred to maybe 1K.

Now on a used car the profit can be as much as 6k+ so the salesman's portion is much higher.

The dealerships make the majority of the money in parts and service not in sales.

I for years have been an administrator for numerous car dealerships ranging from subaru all the way to porsche and have had access to all financials and systems throughout.

I'm not sure what your family has done but the figure's you give are not accurate in any degree in a new car market.

Archived