LegacyGT.com

upgrades for 2.5i non-turbo?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not really. You can replace the air filter if you want and if you want a catback bad enough you can get one for the gt and have it modded to fit. other than that welcome to the N/A Legacy club. :)
...when death calls, Im good. I got caller ID.:icon_bigg

I've got an Unorthodox Racing lightweight pulley from my friend's GT. He sold it to me when he had to trade in his stage 2 GT for an '03 outback wagon (so sad). I like the improved throttle response, and it makes shifts a little faster. There is supposed to be a HP gain too, but you probably won't feel it.

-John

yes it does.... but there's no power gains... just a more responsive throttle and power transfer. pulleys are worth it imo.

find a good set of headers and cbe for some moderate power gains. but thats all i've seen.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

IIRC cobb has sold cams in the past for the SOHC 2.5L. I don't know if they still do or not and if they would be applicable to the newer Legacy's.

You can get header, intake, and catback. You'll see a nice little bump in power.

That's too bad because there is a market!

I have an older LGT(2000) and will probably be getting some Rallitek headers. I remember when Cobb use to have stuff for the BE but they seemingly dropped that stuff when the current gen Legacy came out.....

There has got to be someone who makes cams for the 2.5 SOHC engines...

I might be on my own here, but a technician in milw suggested bringin' in some cooler air. Now this sounds a little home grown jerry riged but it has proven to work(high speeds primarily): Under the cleaner box is that huge res' chamber mine is now gone and replaced by 3" pipe to the fog light hole. since theres nothing there originally easy to do the plastic cover removes easy and I replaced both sides with stainless mesh(chicken wire) it also detures the H2O which was my original concern. "ram induction" really isn't effective until the mid70mph area but it does allow the vehicle to breath some cooler air. this is all with the addition of a K&N filter. Its worked for me.

I might be on my own here, but a technician in milw suggested bringin' in some cooler air. Now this sounds a little home grown jerry riged but it has proven to work(high speeds primarily): Under the cleaner box is that huge res' chamber mine is now gone and replaced by 3" pipe to the fog light hole. since theres nothing there originally easy to do the plastic cover removes easy and I replaced both sides with stainless mesh(chicken wire) it also detures the H2O which was my original concern. "ram induction" really isn't effective until the mid70mph area but it does allow the vehicle to breath some cooler air. this is all with the addition of a K&N filter. Its worked for me.

wow. got pics?

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

i actually chose to buy a NA 2.5 sedan. it sounds pretty sick, i know; but with super @ $3.19 + a gallon, i just couldn't justify the extra cost. there is a market for legacy parts, even NA powerplants; but it seems that most aftermarket mods are for the WRX, so either way, pickens are slim.......

Anybody ever think about the old rs aftermarket parts. Powerplant rests the same under the hood. Sure bay dimensions might be off but worth lookin into. Otherwise adapt and overcome.

PS just did the hogsaust mod on my lunch break sounds great with low restriction on the in side can't wait to get it on the road and let it breath.

PS just did the hogsaust mod on my lunch break sounds great with low restriction on the in side can't wait to get it on the road and let it breath.

WTF!?!?!? buddy you are seriously hardcore!

you are my idol. to think you modded your car on your lunchbreak!!!!

i bow down to you!

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

not really. You can replace the air filter if you want and if you want a catback bad enough you can get one for the gt and have it modded to fit. other than that welcome to the N/A Legacy club. :)

Sorry but you are incorrect.....There are plenty of mods for the N/A....Please don't lead the poor guy into a depression......

1. Cams Xcceleration - Subaru WRX - STi - Forester XT - Legacy GT Performance Parts

2. Port and polish head Xcceleration - Subaru WRX - STi - Forester XT - Legacy GT Performance Parts

3. Intake Xcceleration

4. Exhaust Xcceleration

5. Headers Xcceleration

6. High-Flow Cat Xcceleration

Must I go on......

fazzster - the intake on the page cited shows a foam fileter, apparently welded up. butthe catalog shows a cone (cotton?) filter, with a cast adaptor. Is the cast one for n/a? Is the ID same as stock?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Rallitek had the Perfect Power 6 piggy back ECU that that would fre up about +10HP and +20 lb/ft torque on the old 165 HP 2.5s. I don't know what if would do on newer engines. They even send you free new maps for intake, headers, cat back etc.

Rallitek had the Perfect Power 6 piggy back ECU that that would fre up about +10HP and +20 lb/ft torque on the old 165 HP 2.5s. I don't know what if would do on newer engines. They even send you free new maps for intake, headers, cat back etc.
how much ... does it run on JDM spec engines?

Sorry but you are incorrect.....There are plenty of mods for the N/A....Please don't lead the poor guy into a depression......

1. Cams Xcceleration - Subaru WRX - STi - Forester XT - Legacy GT Performance Parts

2. Port and polish head Xcceleration - Subaru WRX - STi - Forester XT - Legacy GT Performance Parts

3. Intake Xcceleration

4. Exhaust Xcceleration

5. Headers Xcceleration

6. High-Flow Cat Xcceleration

Must I go on......

OK, there is a source. But spending $3,000 to $5,000 on ported heads and a new exhaust makes absolutely no economic sense when you can buy a turbo 2.5 with twice the WHP for a similar price delta. With factory warranty.

Tuning a street engine that's already putting out 70hp per liter isn't easy.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived