LegacyGT.com

upgrades for 2.5i non-turbo?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest subiecity
I might be on my own here, but a technician in milw suggested bringin' in some cooler air. Now this sounds a little home grown jerry riged but it has proven to work(high speeds primarily): Under the cleaner box is that huge res' chamber mine is now gone and replaced by 3" pipe to the fog light hole. since theres nothing there originally easy to do the plastic cover removes easy and I replaced both sides with stainless mesh(chicken wire) it also detures the H2O which was my original concern. "ram induction" really isn't effective until the mid70mph area but it does allow the vehicle to breath some cooler air. this is all with the addition of a K&N filter. Its worked for me.

did the same shit like maybe 2 months ago.....with the foglight delete and ran 3 inch piping right into the existing foglight hole runs good

Guest subiecity

back to the topic there are a few things....i redid the intake with one solid aluminum piping no more box off the throttle body or rubbery corragate hose thing but i kept the stock intake box where the filter goes other wise u get a CEL , and i did the intake silencer delete with the piping ran to the fog light (ram air) with knn filter, also lightweight crankshaft pulley from agency power...lightest oem pulley on the market i think its exactly 1 lb compared to 1.3, 1.4 etc i have the prodrive mufflers acctually on the way, and there is headers available from rallitec for the 06 modles u gotta email em about it tho and it runs about 700 plus shipping they r catless,

i also upgrade suspension i have reallyy stiff springs, dropped it an inch all around and theres no more bouncing at hi speeed and when downshifting no more rear slaming to the ground, i have the front strut tower bar and rear strut tower bar, accompanied by lighter rims (18's) which are lighter then my stock 17's with a thinner buta wider tire (low pro) ..car handles amazing now, almost no body roll whatsoever, brake are good but gonna upgrade real soon to the sti gold brembos maybe in the nxt month or so

with the intake and crankshaft pulley alone youll certainly notice a difference in response to the way the car accelerates, in the begging it felt like the car was real heavey and didnt wanna move when u wanted to go from a stand still with the crankshaft pulley and custom intake i have muuuch more throttle resonse now the car feels like it f*** wants to move..... hopefully ill get to a full exhaust but right now for the winter or untill they get better exaust sytems im gonna stay with just the prodrive mufflers otherwise ur gonna end up with check engine lights cuz the only headers available are catless so guarantted to throw a CEL to me it bugs me

hers a pic or 2 feel free to click and enlarge.....if u want in a week or so ill put up the pics of what under my hood looks like along with the prodrive mufflers

2.JPG.238e1473cbd9f497d54815b8dac4f0dc.JPG

3.JPG.1ace5dfa95411a765fc0477a772cd359.JPG

1.JPG.fcc2e878ebcf7264bb5be3e11124b573.JPG

Guest subiecity
should be on in the nxt week or so......yea for now im keeping the rest stock...maybe ima do a resonator delete......but until theres a good pair of headers that wont throw a CEL...or will at least find a fix on the CEL then def......but gimme a week or soo ill have pics and a clip for u guys

• 11 years later...
Well I have a 2009 legacy 2.5i non turbo. It has UEL unequal headers, borla catback from the legacy gt, just a minor modification on the rear left so doesn't touch the frame. On the engine, it has an EJ257 block with EJ257 crankshat, manlley rods,wiesco pistons 11.2;1 and rally cylinder heads with stage 2 cams. 565cc injectors with walbro fuel pump. Apex clutch stage 3 with aluminum flywheel 9 pounds. Just waiting to get the turbo. There's is a kit made just for this car but only avoturboworld has it. you can allso find many parts on importreplacementparts.

Archived