LegacyGT.com

Newbie question.

I just picked up a '93 Legacy L wagon that needs an engine. What are my options other than stock replacement 2.2?

How are the engines listed on Ebay from one of those "direct from Japan" guys?

There is a '91 turbo engine available locally, but mine is not a turbo. Can I use it?

It has been awhile since I have had a Subaru, but I look forward to driving one again.

Tim

First off.... If you dont know how to do an engine swap, than its gonna cost you an arm and an leg...

as far as replacements?

The turbo engine should fit.

PM aczwild for questions concerning older model Legacys

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

First off.... If you dont know how to do an engine swap, than its gonna cost you an arm and an leg...

as far as replacements?

The turbo engine should fit.

PM aczwild for questions concerning older model Legacys

:lol::lol::lol: I saw the other thread, I beat the PM :lol:

Once again, legacycentral.org is the place to be for your '93

The direct from Japan guys, well I wouldnt go that route. With the Japanese engines you have to adapt them to the USDM models. Its alot cheaper to do a USDM engine swap. The '91 Turbo engine (EJ22T) will fit, but you'll have to deal with rewiring the ECU so the car can control the engine

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Now were are geting somewhere. I will checkout the other site for more details. The engine swap is not a big deal to me although it has been awhile since I've done one. It will be like old times...should be fun.

The 91 turbo engine does come with all the wiring and ECU, but I am not up to the task of re-wiring that mess.

Thanks for the hint about the Japan imports.

Tim

Archived