LegacyGT.com

What kind of car is that???? (its a Legacy!)

I picked up my GT 2 days ago, and went to a 4th of July bbq yesterday. Had a couple girls think it was a Mercedes when I first pulled up. Everyone was checking it out. Several of my friends asked how the performance compared to my modded WRX and were shocked when I told them that it was every bit as powerful, if not more, just didn't handle as well.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
all the gas station attendants seem to love my car. :wub:

why do people always ask "what year is it?" anyway? :icon_conf they ask me when i'm on a bike or in my car.

Because that way they don't have to admit they don't have a clue what make/model it is!

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

this is getting old....but it happened again TODAY! sitting at the car wash on the bench waiting for my LGT to pull out of the wash line. the guy drives it up right in front of me. a young couple sitting on the bench to my left.

she says to the guy, "wow that's a beautiful car! what it that?" he says its the new Lexus.

I simply leaned over and said its a Subaru. no more questions asked......

Happened to me last week. After talking business for about 15 minutes in front of my car, dude asks, "what kind of car is that anyway?" I tell him a Subaru Legacy. He says, "What?!? My mom has a Legacy and it looks nothing like that! Nice!"

Should've asked him what he thought it was.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Thankfully most of my friends are car enthusiasts so they know what it is I'm driving, although they aren't exactly scubby fans. However, people i see around town and shit don't have a clue. I catch people looking at it as I drive and mustangs tend not to line up with me as I think they don't know what it is and whether or not they can beat it haha!

my fav:

Her: Is that a toyota?

Me: No, it's a Legacy.

her: I thought toyota made the legacy

Me:No, subaru makes the Legacy.

Her: Gosh i didn't know subaru made cars that looked like that

Me: they do now...

This minion that I work with asked what kind of car I drive. I told him that its a Subaru Legacy. He said that I should have bought a "WRX" because they're "teh fasterer". I explained to him that the new LGT is faster than a WRX.

He said he's never heard of or see it, so I showed him a picture. I swear, within 5 seconds of seeing the rear end he said, "that's a Camry!" He doesn't know anything about the Legacy, or cars in general, and he was certain the rear was a Camry.

A few days later, my girlfriend and I walk out of a movie theater pretty late at night. We were both tired and she was walking in front of me. She stops and turns to open the door of a silver Camry. I stared at her and asked her if she was kidding. Then she realized her mistake and ran over to my car. She wasn't kidding, it was an honest mistake.

:(

Similar thing happened to me yesterday:

I'm in Wendy's Drive-Thru, I pull up to the window, pay, and get my food. As i'm about to pull off i hear "IS THAT A STICK SHIFT?", i look around but don't see anyone. The drive thru window opens again:

Wendy's Employee: "Is that a Stick shift?"

Me: "Yeah"

W.E.: "Really? Doesn't look like it would have a manual tranny"

Me: "Yeah, well it does"

W.E.: "What kind of car is that?"

Me: "It's a Subaru"

W.E.: "That's a Legacy right?"

Me: (Surprised) "YEAH"

W.E.: "YOU ROCK MAN, I LOVE SUBARU'S...ANYTIME YOU COME TO WENDY'S COME SEE ME, MY NAME IS _______."

Me: "Damn Boss, Thanks"

W.E.: "She sounds MEAN!"

Me: "Thanks man, see you later"

W.E.: "Later"

So now you get free frostys? You are one lucky feller.

Here's my tale:

I've heard about these stories, but I always thought they were made up. But then it happened to me. I was at a car wash when two amazing looking women walked out, saw my car, and asked if it was as fast as teh SRT-4. I said, "Why yes, it is in fact, and I can sleep in the back if necessary."

"Oh rly", the tall brunette replied. I could see the red head begin to touch herself in ways I never . . .

Sorry, had to run to the bathroom for a second.

Anyway, where was I?

. . . thought possible, at least not in public.

"Camry! Toyota Camry ready!", cried to towel boy, indicating my car was ready. "Camry?!", crid the red head, her hand fleeing from her body. "Ewww, Christine, let's go before this Camry dork gets any ideas."

"Wait!", I yelled, "it's not a Camry! It's a ... " It was too late. They were gone.

True story.

lol well i dont think naveed (precise) has chimed into this thread yet, so i mite as well on his behalf. one night me and him were cruising around in his 05 SWP sedan, and we pull into a gas station. while we are filling up, some guy in a caprice or something yells out "nice car". so we say thanks and as we are about to leave hes like "is that the new mazda?!" and we are like :icon_conf . so naveed goes "nah its a subaru"....and to our surprise the guy goes "oh the one with 250 hp?" we are like WTF. LOL. it seems this guy knew all along and was toying with us to see if we knew what WE are riding in? :icon_conf :icon_conf

eh at least we thought it was hilarious :lol:

Rolling up towards the Grand Central parkway the other day on a 2 lane one-way, an Econoline van pulls up next to my open window Schpeckel B with my radio blaring The Killers. A Greek dude stares me down hard at the light. Says "Hi, how's it going?" I lower the tunes. I respond "Great! Thanks. you?" He says "Is that an Acura?" I lower my shades and tunes, smile devilishly and say (with a pause) "Nope. It's a Subaru. "Nice car." Me - "Thanks dude." Radio back up. Light turns green. I mash the throttle onto the GCP and see him way back in the rear view.

http://www.legacygt.org/forums/images/smilies/lildevil.gif

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Yeah... right... :D

More rights than citizens. Nice. :shrug:

People denegrating fine upstanding Subaru Legacys with impunity, and retaliation is too harshly punished to contemplate. Where is the America I once knew? :lol:

I am kidding of course, despite illegal immigration being no laughing matter.

I bought the dragon wagon 2 weeks ago. The wiff drives it to work. She works at a giant acct firm in HR. She mentioned we got a Subaru (that's about all the wiff knows about the car) to her gay boss and he responds "that is a lesbian car". She mentioned the car to the head partner....he repsonds "that's a hippy car." Within a couple days the gay boss and the head partner had seen the wagon in the parking garage and came clean in admiting to her it's a sweet looking ride.

My response to them....accountants + beamers = KOOOOKS!

Been here for a couple days and really like what I see...stoked on that IPOD MOD kit. Can't wait to get that going.

Here's my most recent story:

I went to the Office Depot by work to pick up a folding table. The employee offers to cart out the table to my car. As he's getting close to my car, he says, "Oh sweet, your car is nicer than the WRX...is it fast?" I'm like oh s**t, he knows about my Subie? I respond, "umm, yeah, it has some pep" and thank him for his help.

As he's walking away, I see him look back to take another glance at the car. It weird'd me out to finally have somebody recognize my car; I usually get asked if it's a new Toyota or a Ford (I know, WTF).

Gotta love the uniqueness of our cars :D

Here's my most recent story:

...It weird'd me out to finally have somebody recognize my car; I usually get asked if it's a new Toyota or a Ford (I know, WTF)./quote]

Something similar just happened to me about 35 minutes ago:

I come out of the bar and decide to turn on the car b/c it was chilly out. While the leggy warms up, i stand outside talking to a friend. Someone i know stops to talk to us w/ her friend:

Me: "Hi"

Friend: "Hey"

PAUSE

Frd: "Wait, is this the new Legacy"

Me: [surprised!!] "Yeah"

At this time she starts to circle the car

Frd: "This is nice...and it's a stick, SEXY!"

She walks back up to the front and says

"Wait, this is the GT Version right?"

Me: "yep"

Frd: "can i sit in her?"

Me: "of course"

She gets in.... when i look at her she's smiling

Frd: "Is this the Turbo Gauge?"

Me: "Yep"

After about 25 seconds of sitting in the car, she hits the gas and Yells cheerfully, now with a huge smile on her face.

Frd: "That sounds HOTT!!!"

"Mean"

PAUSE

"Take me out for a ride"

Me: Whenever you want:icon_wink

Frd: "Here, take my number, give me a call this weekend"

We exchange #'s and she leaves...I'm in awe about what just happened b/c not many people know what i'm driving especially ever since i replaced the LGT badge with the B4 badge. The best part was the fact that it was a female(cute too).

I LOVE SMILEY!!!!:icon_bigg

Props for the Legacy GT hookup. Got the digits, even.

But really, you should wait two days. It's industry-standard.

Two days are standard, but I think three days is kind of money.

It is a moral imperative to see where this goes. A girl that knows cars AND is not a mutant is a MUST-attempt.

But really, you should wait two days. It's industry-standard.

Two days are standard, but I think three days is kind of money.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived