LegacyGT.com

Aczwild needs your help!

Aczwild

What should I do?????  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?????

• You moron, keep the '97 and the heck with being nice to your sister
    • Get the '91 you idiot!!!!!
    • Swear ta meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

The time has come for me to make a decision. My sisters '96 Exploder is on its last legs and I found a car I have dreamt about for a long time....

A '91 Legacy Turbo (yes the legendary EJ22T)! Since I'm on crappy wireless down at the Jersey Shore I had to attach the pics (sorry guys), but you get the idea. The car is pretty mint and was the owner of the dealership's old car. The body has 212,xxx miles on it, but the engine was replaced and has 105,000 on it. The car was also originally an automatic, but was professionally converted to a 5sp manual and it also has 105,000 miles. Sure I know its old, but damn, to have the EJ22T and finally a manual trans (I'd be swapping in a 2002+ WRX shifter linkage and a kartboy STS for some more fun) and the R160 Viscous LSD, hawt damn :wub:

If I picked up the car however, I'd have to give my sister my car (I'd take out the stereo and the lights). I love my '97 GT and it would be so hard to go to the '91, so this is where you guys come in. You get to help decide what I do. I'll be in Jersey this entire week, so you have a week to weigh in and vote in the poll...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/frontnolic.jpg

Oh, the only think I have to admit is that I havent test drove the '91 yet, but I've heard its really damn good and is like no other in the snow....

1586815415_91Turbo.thumb.jpg.f5b14601603a4d93ecad47aa49d0484b.jpg

1175546379_91Turbo2.thumb.jpg.1a98bfbaf2e2e5d7940597cd3ad8b183.jpg

1568260546_91Turbo3.thumb.jpg.dc9624643470ad17f77048db496d92e5.jpg

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
I vote you get the 91 turbo Leggy- I always liked them. I also vote for pix of your sister :D

I vote no. The car is OLD....fifteen/sixteen years old. YES...it was a nice car....and still maybe has some life to it. BUT, you would still be getting into a car that is six years older than what you currently have.

I vote same your $$$ and get into something newer, I think you would regret doing this.

- The Mortgage Man

get the 91. the mileage is low (in terms of Subaru) on the tranny and engine and you say the body is mint. you can get a new/newer car when you graduate. i take it your sister adsolutely wants your car or is there an option for her to pick another car of her own?

Kenda:dm:

Guess I should prolly clarify a little bit, since I bought my car and I'd just be giving my car to my sister, I would not have to pay for the 91. My sister will be getting a BD anyway if I didnt give her my car and with only 91K on mine with the headgaskets already replaced, its most likely the best anyone would find around.

Also after school I will most likely be buying a new car and this little sucker would become the fun, stripped bare toy to work on and baja around in. If, when I graduated I still had the '97 I'd probably have to sell it because I could probably get what I paid for it back (I bought it really really cheap).

For the most part the dilemma is do I want to give up my really nice '97 for a year or two and blast around in the '91, where I'd be driving it back and forth over the Adorondacks and to wherever my post college job takes me.

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

The 91 looks nice. I would like to see more pics. (Of the car and your sister.)

Keep in mind the need for repair that could be i $1000 here and there with a car that old and that many miles.

Keep us posted. At least the 97 would still be in the family. Seems like a good opportunity if the 91 is nice and the price is right.

Dooooooooeeeet! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Dooooooooeeeet! :D
I think I'm gonna.... it all depends on if its still there when I get back from Jersey next week and how the test drive goes and if the sunroof doesnt leak like the majority of them...

Its pretty bad I've already been reading up on the mods and I already have a list made up for the car as soon as I get it

1. 2002 WRX SPT Short Shifter linkage

2. AVO TMIC (a friend has one sitting in his garage from the AVO Turbo kit for the NA GC8 Impreza that was just hell and a half for him and he decided to just go back to stock after 3 years of bullshit and $$$)

3. Blitz BLM Boost Guage

Oh and my sister is 16, pics aint gonna happen

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Will a TMIC even fit in a '91? I'd look into that - If I remember from my friend's, I don't see it happening - space issues.
Yup, I've been cruzing legacycentral.org reading up on the mods and what other people have done. Also since I have the TMIC sitting around I can measure and check to see if it will fit and since the TMIC is meant for the 2.5 NA engine in Imprezas and Legacys I'm sure its gonna be a bit smaller than a WRX TMIC.

The car has been the owner's of the place where I bought my GT and I know it has been thoroughly maintained and the parts have been replaced with the utmost care. I'll have alot better idea about how good the car is after a test drive up through a twisty section, a dirt road, and several uphill areas where you have to go from 30 to 50.

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

I agree that many peoples concerns they are expressing about the 91 being old and the possibility of unseen maintenance concerns may be well founded.

I would but it anyway. You aren't buying it because it is a good deal are you? You are buying it because it would be cool to have 91 Turbo.

We had a 91 N/A Legacy for years. Other then some cosmetic (paint and interior plastics) problems the car was awesome. We sold it a year ago with 192K miles on it and the mechanical part of the car where still going strong.

I agree that many peoples concerns they are expressing about the 91 being old and the possibility of unseen maintenance concerns may be well founded.

I would but it anyway. You aren't buying it because it is a good deal are you? You are buying it because it would be cool to have 91 Turbo.

We had a 91 N/A Legacy for years. Other then some cosmetic (paint and interior plastics) problems the car was awesome. We sold it a year ago with 192K miles on it and the mechanical part of the car where still going strong.

I'm buying it for the EJ22T and the fun I will have with the car. I wont be paying anything for the car since I would be giving my sister mine and my parents would just take care of it (its only $2400). I just want it as a drivers car that I can monkey with on the weekends. I'd remove the back seat and the carpeting in the trunk (I need the spare because of how out in the middle of no where everything is for me) and mebe even the passenger seat. The nicest part would be if I put it in the ditch, or someone hit it I wouldnt tweak out so much because the way I see the car is as a great engine and drivetrain with a body on it.

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Pics of sister on beach or STFU

:whore:

oh and if i was in your position i would get the 91. who else can say they hhave a 91 legacy turbo?(not many people)

LOL i'm cracking up reading this shit. How about a pic of your sis in the 91 turbo?

I hate dealing with mechanical problems so I'd have to say stick with the 97 as it'll be more reliable. But that's just me... the 91 would be nice though.

Archived