LegacyGT.com

1000 Miles & Visit From HiWay Patrol

If it was a State vehicale more then likely an inmate washed the car. In California that is who washes all the police and county cars. It doesn't suprise me that the would armour all the pedals and the steering wheel, what do they care. Just a side note, I went in for a detail at the dealer post purchase and THEY armour alled my all season mats, idiots.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to hear that man. At least you're not like me, 8k miles, parked the car, two days ago, came back and some BASTARD/BITCH/A-HOLE had taken out my rear corner bumper and light on my wagon and took off :icon_mad: Its at the bodyshop. I wish I can catch the idiot :icon_mad:

That happened to me too. This was 8 years ago. I had just gotten a used Celica after getting my Civic stolen (I had the damn thing for 6 month.) 2 month into it, I come out of Staples to find out my entire left side is caved in. It looked like some a-hole in a big car swang into the spot next to me completely mis-judging the size of the space & hit gass oppose to breaks when they hit.

Both rear & front panel & my driver's side door was caved in. The a-hole nowhere to be seen. I was so mad & having had lots of problems with Celica...I traded it in 1 week later for a brand new Eclipse. I lost about $4k on that whole deal. Ohh...just thinking about it makes me mad.

welcome to legacygt.com

sorry to hear.

$500

what kind of idiot puts Armorall on the pedals?:confused:

i guess people that work for the Texas Department of Public Safety

Most car wash places have so much tire gloss on the ground and makes your shoes slick. All of us that do our own washes forget this, I did till the last time i went to get a hand wash.

Bought my LGT spec B last Saturday. Today I was going back to work after lunch, was stopped at a red light (the odometer had just reached 1000 miles) with a Texas Department of Public Safety officer stopped behind me. Next thing I know, WHAM, he hit the back of my car. We pulled over into a parking light and I had two little holes in my rear bumper made from his license plate frame screws, as well as the indentation from the frame. He called his superior and when he arrived he didn't seem to happy with the officer that hit me. They asked if the holes were already there. When I told them no, the car is less than a week old, they both sort of cringed.

The patrol car was very clean since the officer was just returning to work after getting it washed. He said they used ArmorAll on it and that had caused his foot to slip off the brake pedal. I should be getting a call soon from a lady in Austin that handles this sort of thing.

Cops are never in the wrong. You must have backed up into him. I would expect a ticket in the mail.

:needpics:

You want a pic? Check ou the guy's avatar. What more do the cops or the insurance company need to know?

"Yes, sir! Here's a check for $6,879 to cover the damage to your car. Go to the doctor and send us the bill for any treatment you may need. It was a pleasure serving you."

He's lucky he didn't get arrested immediately and watched handcuffed as the drug dog searched his car.

you won't have to milk anything or sue anybody it's pretty much the way it works. high insurance rates are caused by teen drivers, drunks, and just plain stupidity ie Armorall pedals. bosco

Drivers over 70 have accident rates 1.5x teenagers, and often have more expensive wheels and higher medical costs to boot.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

If it was a State vehicale more then likely an inmate washed the car. In California that is who washes all the police and county cars. It doesn't suprise me that the would armour all the pedals and the steering wheel, what do they care. Just a side note, I went in for a detail at the dealer post purchase and THEY armour alled my all season mats, idiots.

+1

You must have met the same idiot detailer that cleaned my car before I bought. Its hard to drive a stick when your feet keep slipping off the pedals.

Drivers over 70 have accident rates 1.5x teenagers, and often have more expensive wheels and higher medical costs to boot.

that may be true if you use percentages but there are a lot more teenagers on the road. you also read in the paper all the time about kids in terrible accidents yet never see the over 70 crowd. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I took my car to the body shop and it will cost $630. The state is going to pay and I have to fax a copy of the body shops estimate to the DPS.

The trooper and his superiors couldn't have been nicer. It was so obvious theat he had just run into me, nothing more than an imprint of his license plate frame and the tops of the numbers in my bumper, with two small holes where the screws were. They were pretty embarrassed.

I have no idea if they issued a ticket to the trooper that hit me, that is the question that everyone asks.

I have pics, there really isn't too much to see, and I'll try and get them posted soon.

Oh yeah, and the avatar isn't me, it's Jesco White. Read more about him here ... The Dancing Outlaw Page

Drivers over 70 have more expensive wheels?:lol::lol::lol:

Here comes Grampa in his new 'Sclade. Yo, check out the 26s he's runnin'.

the +70 group are more than likely not speeding, drunk, stoned, or talking on their cell phones. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

You've got to be kidding. He'd be trailer trash, but some jealous person burned down his trailer.

It's nice that you have somebody to look up to.

Wow, I didn't know anyone else had heard of him.

If you haven't seen the documentary, I suggest you watch it, but you have to watch it twice. The first time through, I was pretty much agape, waiting for the punchline to roll in. By the end of it, I realized there was no punchline. It was a straight up documentary about this guy. The second time around, since I wasn't waiting for anything I really got a chance to enjoy it.

--james

not only will you get your car fixed you will probaly get a small cash settlement for pain and suffering ie. whiplash. even a collison of a couple of mph can cause it and a rear end collison is your fault if you are the the hitter. they will want you to sign off from future law suit. no joke. bosco

The state (at least the state of Texas) doesn't have to be worried about frivolous lawsuits, because THEY get to decide whether or not to ALLOW you to sue them. They have apparently accepted responsibility for the propery damage, and it seems that there was no physical pain and only the emotional suffering of having a brand-new car blemished by a Crown Vic's pushbar. It is true that in many all-civilian collisions there's an offer of cash for a quitclaim, but the state has special privileges.

The state (at least the state of Texas) doesn't have to be worried about frivolous lawsuits, because THEY get to decide whether or not to ALLOW you to sue them. They have apparently accepted responsibility for the propery damage, and it seems that there was no physical pain and only the emotional suffering of having a brand-new car blemished by a Crown Vic's pushbar. It is true that in many all-civilian collisions there's an offer of cash for a quitclaim, but the state has special privileges.

was my personal experience, your results may vary. lol bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little update. I called the states General Counsels office (I had faxed and mailed all of my info to them on July 6th) on Friday, July 28th. The woman there said my claim had been turned over to the state Attorney Generals office and gave me a number of the man that was handling it. I finally got hold of the man today, Thursday, and he said it was in the works and when everything is ok'd, it would still be 6 to 8 weeks before I got my check.

Now the damage isn't major but when I had the accident the car was less than a week old. Looks like when I finally get it fixed it will be 4 months old. So much for the new car rush.

I guess I should feel sort of lucky. I have been told by several attorneys that they try and stall as long as possible to get you to go ahead and get it fixed and pay for it, then never settle and you are stuck.

I have attached a picture of the bumper. You can see the two holes in the bumper as well as the numbers from his plate.

http://www.tomsbookclub.com/legacybumper.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got my car out of the body shop, looks as good as new. Got my check from the state to cover the work plus around $100 for a rental car, just drove my OB.

Hated waiting this long to get everything done, but glad it is finished. While they were working on the back end of the car I just had them debadge it for me, no charge. Got the windows tinted also. When it stops raining I will get some pictures of it.

Had to get my drivers license renewed last week and the officer that helped me was the guy that ran into me. Had a wreck with a highway patrolman and it wasn't even a real highway patrolman :icon_mad:

Archived