LegacyGT.com

1000 Miles & Visit From HiWay Patrol

Bought my LGT spec B last Saturday. Today I was going back to work after lunch, was stopped at a red light (the odometer had just reached 1000 miles) with a Texas Department of Public Safety officer stopped behind me. Next thing I know, WHAM, he hit the back of my car. We pulled over into a parking light and I had two little holes in my rear bumper made from his license plate frame screws, as well as the indentation from the frame. He called his superior and when he arrived he didn't seem to happy with the officer that hit me. They asked if the holes were already there. When I told them no, the car is less than a week old, they both sort of cringed.

The patrol car was very clean since the officer was just returning to work after getting it washed. He said they used ArmorAll on it and that had caused his foot to slip off the brake pedal. I should be getting a call soon from a lady in Austin that handles this sort of thing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer man. Tell him to slap the duffus who used armor all on the .....I'm guessing floor mats...or did he put it on the freakin pedal? Better yet make the duffus pay for the repair. :(

Hope you were cool with the guy since it gives you a chance to make a friend with connections.

Armor-all on the pedals?

You've gotta be joking :lol: that's retarded.

Anyway, sorry to hear man. Make sure you get the bumper repainted if not replaced and repainted because you don't want to have to deal with the paint possibly spidering and flaking off in two years.

The same sort of thing happened to my mother when her 04 Accord was still pretty new. She got a new bumper out of the deal.

huh... and I'd always taken a little comfort in the fact that DPS troopers seem to be a bit higher quality than many other varieties of LEO around here... (such as the Bulverde cops who have nothing to do but stop people for +4 mph on 281.) I guess you could blame it on the detail guy, but I'd think the trooper would've felt the slick pedal when he applied the brakes before shifting out of Park.

welcome to legacygt.com

sorry to hear.

$500

what kind of idiot puts Armorall on the pedals?:confused:

i guess people that work for the Texas Department of Public Safety

nah, ArmorAll on the pavement at the carwash... when you walk into your car, everything is slippery... heck, I drifted many times coming out of a car wash because the cars coming out of the wash with all that dripping wet wax and exccessive dripping spray of tire shine leaves tracks all the way out to the traffic lights..

you should have told them: tax dollars are for your salary, not to pay me back nor for your car to look shiney

Keefe

Bought my LGT spec B last Saturday. Today I was going back to work after lunch, was stopped at a red light (the odometer had just reached 1000 miles) with a Texas Department of Public Safety officer stopped behind me. Next thing I know, WHAM, he hit the back of my car. We pulled over into a parking light and I had two little holes in my rear bumper made from his license plate frame screws, as well as the indentation from the frame. He called his superior and when he arrived he didn't seem to happy with the officer that hit me. They asked if the holes were already there. When I told them no, the car is less than a week old, they both sort of cringed.

The patrol car was very clean since the officer was just returning to work after getting it washed. He said they used ArmorAll on it and that had caused his foot to slip off the brake pedal. I should be getting a call soon from a lady in Austin that handles this sort of thing.

and here i thought this was going to be a "it hit 1000 and i could finally go above 4k but there was a police officer behind me so it was disappointing". That was a terrible plot twist, take it back:(.

Sorry to hear about that happening to your new ride bro.

As for the armorall on the pedals... i doubt they put it on directly. I once came out of the carwash and they shined my tires.. and they used a little too much so I stepped into it as I was walking into the car. I'm driving away and want to stop on the light... foot slips off the break and ended up stopping in the middle of the intersection.. thankfully noone was coming.

not only will you get your car fixed you will probaly get a small cash settlement for pain and suffering ie. whiplash. even a collison of a couple of mph can cause it and a rear end collison is your fault if you are the the hitter. they will want you to sign off from future law suit. no joke. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

not only will you get your car fixed you will probaly get a small cash settlement for pain and suffering ie. whiplash. even a collison of a couple of mph can cause it and a rear end collison is your fault if you are the the hitter. they will want you to sign off from future law suit. no joke. bosco

Kinda hard to justify in the safest rear-impact car you can buy :icon_wink

you won't have to milk anything or sue anybody it's pretty much the way it works. high insurance rates are caused by teen drivers, drunks, and just plain stupidity ie Armorall pedals. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Armor-all on the pedals?

You've gotta be joking :lol: that's retarded.

Anyway, sorry to hear man. Make sure you get the bumper repainted if not replaced and repainted because you don't want to have to deal with the paint possibly spidering and flaking off in two years.

The same sort of thing happened to my mother when her 04 Accord was still pretty new. She got a new bumper out of the deal.

That's nothing... I read some idiot's story a while back claiming his tires were dangerous and that they caused him to spin out and damage his car. Well, it was later revealed that he applied Armor All or some type of tire shine to the treads. Why? Because he thought it would look better. :lol:

Sorry to hear that man. At least you're not like me, 8k miles, parked the car, two days ago, came back and some BASTARD/BITCH/A-HOLE had taken out my rear corner bumper and light on my wagon and took off :icon_mad: Its at the bodyshop. I wish I can catch the idiot :icon_mad:

Sorry to hear that man. At least you're not like me, 8k miles, parked the car, two days ago, came back and some BASTARD/BITCH/A-HOLE had taken out my rear corner bumper and light on my wagon and took off :icon_mad: Its at the bodyshop. I wish I can catch the idiot :icon_mad:

I got tagged by an Audi A4's door, luckily my son was waiting in the car and I sat there for 30 minutes waiting for the driver to come out, since they did not respond to the page in the supermarket. $433 to repair as it's right on the crease of the rear left fender. This was one dinger that did not get away. You should see it there are cameras where you got hit and request a copy of the tape.

X2

I got tagged by an Audi A4's door, luckily my son was waiting in the car and I sat there for 30 minutes waiting for the driver to come out, since they did not respond to the page in the supermarket. $433 to repair as it's right on the crease of the rear left fender. This was one dinger that did not get away. You should see it there are cameras where you got hit and request a copy of the tape.

X2

I am going to drive by there and see, but the car was on a street corner so my only hope is that a business has a camera trained in that general area :( Some people I swear!:icon_mad:

Archived