LegacyGT.com

UPDATE: Subaru Indiana Automotive Plant Tour

Which day of the week would you rather have a plant tour on?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which day of the week would you rather have a plant tour on?

Hi, thanks for arranging this. Please add me to the list (plus wife is very interested if she can schedule a day off). We're 2.5-3.0 hours away so we'd come down Thursday evening. Is there a suggested hotel?

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='jmcgliss']Hi, thanks for arranging this. Please add me to the list (plus wife is very interested if she can schedule a day off). We're 2.5-3.0 hours away so we'd come down Thursday evening. Is there a suggested hotel?[/QUOTE]emailed you the hotel list just a little bit ago. I booked mine for Thursday night at Lee's Inns and Suites. Expedia has a $47/night special on that one right now and it actually looks decent. See you in Lafayette Rob

Just an update. I am getting a bit frustrated at this point. I have been leaving an average of 2 voice mails/day to no avail. I did get to talk to my contact on Monday, but she was busy and had to call me back, and has not since. At this point, I don't even HAVE a start time.... Rob

Only reason I say is I might be going up to Eau Claire next weekend to pick up a new car with a friend. So if we pick it up this weekend or next weekend, we'll be putting miles on one way or the either and I have backup plans then. But if you guys can get it organized, I'd still try to make it down.

Okay, car picked up, next weekend is once again OPEN, including friday most likely. Would be a good way to be able to put another several hundred miles on the car and get closer to the end of the break in for the WRX. We'd probably just bring that down though instead of the Leggy and save a few miles on my GT. So, any word Rob? I sure wouldn't hold anything against you if you couldn't get us in, after all, it's up to SIA and they even pulled out on an SoA manager setting up a tour earlier this year. So do what you can, but don't fret over it. I'm sure we'll get in sooner or later.

[quote name='SUBE555']Okay, car picked up, next weekend is once again OPEN, including friday most likely. Would be a good way to be able to put another several hundred miles on the car and get closer to the end of the break in for the WRX. We'd probably just bring that down though instead of the Leggy and save a few miles on my GT. So, any word Rob? I sure wouldn't hold anything against you if you couldn't get us in, after all, it's up to SIA and they even pulled out on an SoA manager setting up a tour earlier this year. So do what you can, but don't fret over it. I'm sure we'll get in sooner or later.[/QUOTE]Sorry, Been on a business trip since Thursday, and just got back this evening. I'll check my voicemails and emails tomorrow at work, but I suspect that she has not called me back. I left a voice mail while in Florida on my trip, and left her my cell phone number, but she didn't call me back. I suspect, with the B9X (00x) happenings going on, that they do not want us in there now, but I do wish I could at least get an answer, any answer. I will try again tomorrow, but I suspect if I don't hear anything tomorrow that we should call it off. I already have a room for Thursday night, but I guess I'll be cancelling it tomorrow night if I don't hear anything.... Rob

[quote name='mccorry']Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :( Hang in there guys.....[/QUOTE] I'm not giving up yet, but If I don't hear anything tomorrow (Monday), then I suspect we should call it off. I'll post tomorrow night.. thanks, Rob

Well, looks like I have to say that we are off -- after another day of my contact not returning my calls (I left another voice mail and called 5-6 times). This has been frustrating (and a bit humiliating). The only thing I can figure out is that after she told me that she could get us this tour, that someone above her declined. Still, I just wished I could have gotten a call back at least telling me this. I am going to cancel my room reservation. Sorry to all for the run around Rob

Yeah, kind of disappointing, but I'll give you big props for trying Rob. Not your fault, kinda nice when they at least give you word of why or this or that or at least some definitive answer. I bet you're right that it was someone up above that made the call after the thumbs up was given. We'll keep trying to get a tour through some means at some later date hopefully.

[quote name='SUBE555']Yeah, kind of disappointing, but I'll give you big props for trying Rob. Not your fault, kinda nice when they at least give you word of why or this or that or at least some definitive answer. I bet you're right that it was someone up above that made the call after the thumbs up was given. We'll keep trying to get a tour through some means at some later date hopefully.[/QUOTE] I did at LAST get a nice response today. It turns out that we basically were not going to get to see much, as everything is under wraps for the B9X pilot builds. She mentioned that once the vehicle launches in January at the Detroit Auto Show, that the cat will be out of the bag and she suggested that we reschedule then. That would be cool, as then I guess it probably wouldn't be that big a deal if we did see the B9X (and I would like to check it out up close, as not very many of us will probably make it to the Detroit AutoShow). So, in conclusion, we are still on, but rescheduled for a better time - probably for us and SIA. I will keep everyone posted, and I did ask her that the next time, that we definately need a bit more notice. I have confidence that it will work out. Rob

Archived