LegacyGT.com

UPDATE: Subaru Indiana Automotive Plant Tour

Which day of the week would you rather have a plant tour on?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which day of the week would you rather have a plant tour on?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is going to be fun. What day does everyone think they will making it in? I am still trying to find the best hotel to stay around there (close and not too high), so perhaps we could all hook up and have a good time. I am planning on coming up on Thursday night following work and staying. I know there is a decent hotel on the exit right past SIA (Can't remember the name, but I know it has some kind of Sports Bar in it) I stayed there once on a Sorting trip to SIA (but that has been several years ago). Rob

[quote name='RobCatron']This is going to be fun. What day does everyone think they will making it in? I am still trying to find the best hotel to stay around there (close and not too high), so perhaps we could all hook up and have a good time. I am planning on coming up on Thursday night following work and staying. I know there is a decent hotel on the exit right past SIA (Can't remember the name, but I know it has some kind of Sports Bar in it) I stayed there once on a Sorting trip to SIA (but that has been several years ago). Rob[/quote] I plan on arriving Thursday. Can you give some detail on what the tour consists of? If its only a 1/2 hour tour, then I might have to re-think about flying out there.

I'd imagine it will be a decent part of a day explaining things and such, from stamping (which is pretty interesting to watch), paint (not sure how close we'll get to that), assembly, and so forth. I'm sure it'll take some time. I'm not sure if I'm bringing someone else along, will let you know.

[quote name='bemani'][quote name='RobCatron']This is going to be fun. What day does everyone think they will making it in? I am still trying to find the best hotel to stay around there (close and not too high), so perhaps we could all hook up and have a good time. I am planning on coming up on Thursday night following work and staying. I know there is a decent hotel on the exit right past SIA (Can't remember the name, but I know it has some kind of Sports Bar in it) I stayed there once on a Sorting trip to SIA (but that has been several years ago). Rob[/quote] I plan on arriving Thursday. Can you give some detail on what the tour consists of? If its only a 1/2 hour tour, then I might have to re-think about flying out there.[/quote] I will try to get a rough timeframe from SIA today. I'll post the results soon... thanks, Rob

[quote name='greg davis']I just joined this forum and would be very interested in going on the plant tour. Let me know if I can be of assistance as i am somewhat familar with the area of Indy and Lafayette.[/quote] Welcome, and you are more than welcome to come along. I will be posting updated tour information as I get it. Rob

If this proves to be an in-depth tour, I will try to fly in to attend. With my work travel schedule, I probably won't be able to confirm until early November. But it sounds like fun. I took the tour at BMW in South Carolina a couple years ago. It was a lot of fun walking down the Z3 line wearing safety glasses with welding sparks flying over our heads.

[quote name='bebopper']If this proves to be an in-depth tour, I will try to fly in to attend. With my work travel schedule, I probably won't be able to confirm until early November. But it sounds like fun. I took the tour at BMW in South Carolina a couple years ago. It was a lot of fun walking down the Z3 line wearing safety glasses with welding sparks flying over our heads.[/quote] I'll let you know more details as we get this thing together. I have been to SIA (work related) several times over the last 10 years

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='mccorry']Any updates on the plan? Are we a go for November 19th? I will be taking the day off of work to go, so I can meet up with you guys at any time... :D[/QUOTE]Yes indeed, as of two weeks ago, I confirmed the 19th of November. I was out of town all last week, so since we are fast approaching (well, still a little over a month away), I will follow up this week and get more details of the tour. The same time I got the confirmation, I did get a list of the hotels from SIA at work, and I will email it tomorrow to my home address, and forward it on to all interested in staying the night (perhaps we could all hook up and stay at the same hotel). Rob

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE??? Need to know timeframe as to whether myself and my codriver are driving down from Milwaukee the night before or need to find a closer spot. 3.5-4hrs we could leave early if it's at like 9-10am start, otherwise we'll need to find something.

[quote name='SUBE555']UPDATE??? Need to know timeframe as to whether myself and my codriver are driving down from Milwaukee the night before or need to find a closer spot. 3.5-4hrs we could leave early if it's at like 9-10am start, otherwise we'll need to find something.[/QUOTE]I have had two others PM me, and to be honest, I am a little disappointed in the fact that I cannot get a response from my contact. I have emailed her several times and finally called Friday afternoon, but still no returns.... I am going to keep trying, however, of course. thanks, Rob

Time for an update... I did get a voicemail from my contact yesterday. She mentioned how, with the 00X in the trial phases, that there were certain parts that the group perhaps would not be able to see (but did not mention any specifics). She was wanting to know some specifics of what the group would be interested in (aside from a normal tour). I have not been able to get a hold of her yesterday or today, but left two more voice mails for her, an an email on what I thought most would be intersted in. Still, I was wanting at least a FIRM start time on the 19th by the end of the day today, and I didn't get it, and it's only two weeks from today. A little frustrating, but I am sure it is going to work out. Things are just very busy at the plant with the 00X events. I am going to make multiple attempts on Monday to nail this thing down, and will pass on information as I get it. I do have an area hotel list that she email me that has SIA discounts, should anyone be intersted in staying the night either the night before or night of just email me at [email="rcatron@dcr.net"]rcatron@dcr.net[/email] and I'll email you the list. I will probably go up Thursday night and stay, if the tour is in the AM on Friday. If the tour is in the PM on Friday, I will probably drive up that morning, since I am about 4 hours away. Hang in there, Rob

Archived