LegacyGT.com

help

Check engine light

Codes read misfire in cylinders 3 and 4

First got this with original spark plugs so I changed them and cleared the codes and received the same codes again so I got new wires and again light is back cleared codes and I received it once more

Every time it happens when I am in 5th gear 70 mphs and about 3000 rpms

I have spark plugs that are about 3 months old, spark plug wires that are 2 weeks old

I have tested my coil pack and everything checks out

So what’s wrong?:confused: ?

SUBARU LEGACY INTERNATIONAL CLUB :: View topic - My never ending problem

Go to the auto parts store and first try some injector cleaner (it helped smooth out my tiring '97 engine) and then check your coolant levels every so often to see if it is staying the same, or if you are losing fluid

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I drove my car down to the shore

I held the speedometer at 60, 63, 65, 67, 70, 73, 75, 77, 80 and took it up to 90 for a bit

NO Check engine light and it passed that special number of 70 mph and 3000 rpms in 5th

After about hour and a half of driving at various speeds from 60 to 85 the check engine light comes on at 70mphs 3000 rpms 5th gear and flashes for 10 secs then goes solid

then on the way home from the shore its solid the whole way till about an hour in the light flashes fro another 10 secs and goes back to solid driving in a range of 60 to 70 mphs

Since you already try plugs and wires, you should really go for coil. Look on Ebay there's a seller selling them 30$. Oh BTW I have the same problem as you. I had the CEL last summer and now it's back again, I think it might be caused by humidity, I didn't have a single CEL the whole winter/spring!!! I just bought the coil pack first and I'll see if it fix the problem. Why is it always cyl 3-4!! I thought it was the wiring but I saw that coil pack at 30$ so I jumped on it. My plugs are good (at least they look like)so next step would be NGK wires. So first one to fix it, ready go! oh I've forgot to mention, I saw the CEL comes up when I'm usually 40MPH getting of highway 5th to 4th... very strange, althought, I'm not sure of the pattern...

Should not make a difference.....

No need to replace all 4, try one @ a time.

By the way, what does the term Cold mean?

We had a COOL morning here....73*.......By 1pm ....94*

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

ran codes today at autozone before trying anything else and now im down to just cylinder 3 misfireing

so i have another bottle of fuel injector cleaner and going to see how that works out

leaning towards a faulty fuel injector

So I cleared my codes after putting in a new fuel filter and drive my car about 2 miles and got a new code

Drove up to AutoZone today and have p0507 and p0303

Idle higher than normal and misfire in cylinder 3

Archived