LegacyGT.com

Playing with a SRT-8 (hey-hey)

Its not a kill story if both cars run competitively......right???? :icon_wink

Got to play with a guy in a really nice looking Chrysler 300 SRT-8 this morning. Couldn't miss that waffle-iron front grill and the shiny black & red SRT-8 badge on the trunk.

First, I want to say that the SRT-8 is really a bad-ass, damned fast ride. Vividly displayed the differences between a moment's pause waiting for boost and pure, limitless torque at the drop of the right foot.

For those that have been sharply questioning my ride's dyno plot with the new cams, let me assure you that my Legacy GT just earned the deepest respect from a SRT-8 owner verified by a huge grin and two thumbs up observed from my rearview mirror.

I will withhold the details in case "big brother" is scanning this board. Suffice to say both cars pull extraordinarily hard compared to the average Joe on the road.

When we met up in slow traffic, his first question was "what kind of exhaust is that....it sounds NASTY!" I told him its a Greddy. He then said he had no idea that Subaru's were so fast. I told him it wasn't exactly stock and he said "No shit." I told him that his SRT-8 was a really hot ride.

It was cool. Both of us were enjoying the moment.

****DISCLAIMER******

No animals were injured during this test. A few tight-ass citizens were awakened to what true automotive performance means.

^ Nice! Good to see that there are still "gentlemen" on the roads. :)

Any idea if his SRT-8 was still stock?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I can say that the SRT-8 looked fully stock. But stock ain't bad. It displayed all of its rated 425 crank horsepower. And man it can leap off the line when the line is moving 75 mph to begin with. Let's just say it proved it can do almost twice that speed, if you get my drift.

saw a SRT-8 Charger at the drag strip last night. it was a tire spinning show for about the first 60-100', but after that, he was coming on the guy in the other lane like a bat outta hell. if he coulda put down half his power in teh first 100', he would have had a much better time than a 9.3.

Kenda:dm:

Archived