LegacyGT.com

Sti Uppipe

DelawareLGT

Just checking out Ebay Looks like you can get a new STI uppipe for about 80 bucks with shipping. Am I missing something-it seems like used ones go for more than that?

PM Patagonian GT. He's selling his. Or rather, will be VERY shortly.

I will also be posting a Crucial coated UP for sale tomorrow.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

How much for Crucial UP jsali? Any problems with it?

You have PM. We never installed it.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

what about the 06?

catted as well. 06 WRX uppipe is catless & a direct replacement for the LGT catted UP.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Just checking out Ebay Looks like you can get a new STI uppipe for about 80 bucks with shipping. Am I missing something-it seems like used ones go for more than that?

I just looked at these too and none of them are OEM AFAICT.

Yeah I've been looking on ebay also. Are there any con's to going to an aftermarket UP vs the sti. I know a pro for the sti up is better fitment but besides that are there more gains with an aftermarket one?

Bosal makes the uppipes for Subaru, they also sell aftermarket sti uppipes from 169.00, 200.00 less then OEM, the only thing different from stock is that it doest say subaru on it . You have to remember that even with an STI uppipe swap you still have to use a resistor fix because the STI pipe doesn't have a sensor bung.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Sorry cox, but I can be a bit slow (even on a Monday). The '06 WRX UP is a direct swap on the '05 LGT? Do you know if it would be as good as the Bosal or STI? Last question, what about the sensor bung? I'm starting to look at replacing the up and dp, so I'm trying to figure out what to get. Thanks for any information.

________

CROSMAN AIRSOFT AIR MAGAZINE POWERED

Sorry cox, but I can be a bit slow (even on a Monday). The '06 WRX UP is a direct swap on the '05 LGT? Do you know if it would be as good as the Bosal or STI? Last question, what about the sensor bung? I'm starting to look at replacing the up and dp, so I'm trying to figure out what to get. Thanks for any information.

Tons of up pipe choices....Crucial Racing, Turbo XS, Perrin, Cobb...coated, non coated, flex, non flex...bungs no bungs.

The "bung" is a area in your stock up pipe for a sensor that monitors the cat. If the cat gets to a certain temp which could make it break up sending it into the turbo destroying. If you get an aftermarket UP pipe...there is no cat, so the sensor is useless as it has no cat to monitor. In order to not get a CEL you connect a resitor to the sensor and combined with the use of ECU mapping the computer will never know, thus no CEL's.

I'm sure someone else can explain this a lot better...but you get the picture.

Han's said it, however, you do not need an ECU map or AP if you use the resistor fix.

In addition, please correct me if I am wrong, but, if you do decide to use an aftermarket pipe with the bung, then you will need an AP to remove the cel. If the sensor bung in used without a catted uppipe the the car will throw a cel because the pipe is running cooler then designed. That not a bad thing in terms of performance but a hassle if you dont have an AP because it confuses the ECU.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Han's said it, however, you do not need an ECU map or AP if you use the resistor fix.

In addition, please correct me if I am wrong, but, if you do decide to use an aftermarket pipe with the bung, then you will need an AP to remove the cel. If the sensor bung in used without a catted uppipe the the car will throw a cel because the pipe is running cooler then designed. That not a bad thing in terms of performance but a hassle if you dont have an AP because it confuses the ECU.

Yup. AP= no resistor needed.:icon_cool

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Yup. AP= no resistor needed.:icon_cool

resistor is needed even with the AP.

No reason to put the egt back in. Just plug the hole or get one without the hole (like the STI UP)

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived