LegacyGT.com

Did you know the gauge cluster is also an OBD scanner?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the moment I have a CEL, and from reading this thread is seems all I have to do is connect a male and female connectors under the dash and press the trip knob and I should be able to get the code? Hate to sound redundant, just wanna make sure I understand this be4 I go screw something else up! Kenda

[quote name='GoSix'][quote name='Deer Killer']"Neutral Switch Input Circuit High"[/quote] Hmm....I'm bringing my car into the dealership in a couple weeks to get a clear bra (with the 500 scooby bucks). Would I be able to wait until then, or would this be a more urgent issue?[/quote] What brand of clear bra will you be getting? X-Pel, Rockblocker, Invisa-shield or Stoneguard.

[quote name='jim1969']What brand of clear bra will you be getting? X-Pel, Rockblocker, Invisa-shield or Stoneguard.[/quote] The place that puts on the clear bra prefers to use BSF Clearshield, which is supposed to be thicker than 3M (such as Xpel). They said that if the car is too "curvy," they use the 3M because it is easier to apply. They said that they normally put Clearshield on the Subarus.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name='GoSix']I did get a couple options on the trip odometer, though: S (toggle on and off) and I (toggle on and off). Does anyone know what those are?[/QUOTE] Sure, they're the toggles for the gauge Sweep, and Incremental illumination. You need one for the other, but I forgot which one. Andy

• 9 months later...
This trick does in fact work. I was able to pull a code last night which was the identical code which the dealer pulled this morning. The wires are tucked up by the fuse box. There is a green and while male plug and white female plug up there. Connect the two white female plugs and as the guages sweep, press the trip reset button. The code was in fact displayed on the odometer. Not sure how it would work with multiple error codes, but at least in this case i pulled 1 and was able to find out what it was.

[quote name='f1anatic']Yea but those connectors are on the passenger side bro ! You made it seem like it is on the left side. Fuses are on the driver"S side...the diagnostic connector is on the passenger[/QUOTE] You are incorrect my friend. Pop the fuse pannel at the driver's left knee area and you'll find everything you need under the dash. It is tucked up a little in there though. You should see them however. This may not be the same connection which the dealer uses to plug his scan tool in, but i can assure you i pulled a code just 2 days ago by connecting two wires from in the dash on the drivers side only.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Having found the 2 wires (black/yellow green/silver fleck in white connectors in AUSDM car) to connect and being able to read the codes (none), if I provoke one as a test (by disconnecting a sensor), how do I clear it? Or will it go away with repeated starts after its fixed? Will it still stay in a log for the dealer to find? thanks, jp

• 2 months later...
[quote name='Deer Killer']According to the service manual if you re-connect the diag connector by the fuse box under the dash[/quote] is the diag connector located under the side mirrors controllers?

This Space For Rent

[quote name='PhilT']It's in the fuse compartment by your left knee, just above the hood release.[/quote] yep... make sure you look around in there -- they were taped up really good with some other wires in my car, made the really hard to see, and even harder to get access too.

[quote name='PhilT']It's in the fuse compartment by your left knee, just above the hood release.[/quote] thanks mang. i was looking for the cables in that compartment last nite but gave up since it's too dark and i was exhausted.

This Space For Rent

[quote name='PhilT']Winder why the 06 doesn't have them, you think SOA realised we had found them ?[/quote] big brothers are always watching us, but i dont think they mind that we know about this feature... they don't care about us anyway. :(

This Space For Rent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
[quote name='D-2.5-GT'] ............ Not sure how it would work with multiple error codes, but at least in this case i pulled 1 and was able to find out what it was.[/quote] If you have more than one code you can find out by pressing the trip button repeatedly and it will display 3 P codes. I cycled mine repeatedly and got 3 P codes and one C code. Don't ask me what a C code is though :confused:. Display looked like: P2009 P---- P---- P---- C---- I only had the one code , and it's off to the dealer to get the Tumble generator valve replaced for me:confused:.

Archived