LegacyGT.com

Is this the next Impreza?

rsholland

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take a closer look at the pictures, the one from the magazine looks different. The link is the current STI.

I must be blind. Sure there's a slight difference in the front bumper but I can't see anything significant.

• 2 weeks later...
doesn't look half bad. i thought the next one was supposed to be smaller or a hatch or something :iam:

Yeah, I was talking with the "Performance Parts" guy at Renick Subaru not to long ago. He told me that in Late '06 there was going to be a hatchback version of the STI.

:icon_conf

- Manny S.

:munch:

Yeah, I was talking with the "Performance Parts" guy at Renick Subaru not to long ago. He told me that in Late '06 there was going to be a hatchback version of the STI.

:icon_conf

- Manny S.

This actually has a good chance to come out. Not in Late '06, but I believe WRC is going to change some rules where all the cars need to be hatchbacks...or something like that. Therefore, the STI will have to change, or at least be made available as a hatch.

This actually has a good chance to come out. Not in Late '06, but I believe WRC is going to change some rules where all the cars need to be hatchbacks...or something like that. Therefore, the STI will have to change, or at least be made available as a hatch.

If that's the case then I better start saving up all my change, so I can take it to coinstar and then I'll have a nice downpayment :dm:

- Manny S.

:munch:

I believe Autoweek recently said that the new Impreza was likely to be a 3 and 5 door model, despite the fact that Subaru is trying to take their car line and the Impreza specifically more upscale. This 4 door wouldn't fit that story-line, but I think it's the best looking Subaru since the current Legacy. It has more rake in the front and rear roof lines. The nose is actually integrated. Basically, it's BOSS, man. All who disagree, well, there is just no accounting for taste!

Actually looks exactly like an STi skin pasted on the evo x concept...

I agree. It does remind me a bit of the EVO. I think it looks good though, but that alfa nose I just can't get used to.

The '08's supposeed to be a hatch - I don't think this is it. Also, thats just new sheet meatl on the current chassis. The '08 is supposed to be a ground-up redesign. Looks good, but it's just not going to be the real thing.

if WRC wants it to be a hatch..subaru will make a hatch..the car is a road made rally car.If they have to make a hatch to have a rally car, i think theyll make it. Im sure theyll do it right though and im anxious to see the STi hatch

if WRC wants it to be a hatch..subaru will make a hatch..the car is a road made rally car.If they have to make a hatch to have a rally car, i think theyll make it. Im sure theyll do it right though and im anxious to see the STi hatch

Exactly. Subaru may not have a choice here.

Archived