LegacyGT.com

Is this the next Impreza?

rsholland

look more carefully... its an 06-07 that has its fenders redone and some diff headlights. i thought the same before i started to look at it more.

i also started to think... Why would subaru release a car thats 1.5 years away.. that would kill the market for 2007s. everyone would be "ill just wait till the 2008 comes out"

i work for a subaru dealership. i talk to my soa rep all the time. he had some sort of meeting a month or two ago and they showed the piks of the 2008 to them. he told me that the sti is going to be a 5 door in its first year. so i seriously doubt that pik from the japenese mag is correct. but hey it looks good tho....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That pic is NOT the '08 Impreza...

if you want to try and imagine what the '08 will look like, imagine that the two cars below mated...what you imagine the offspring will look like will be close to the '08 Impreza....

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/Prodrive-P2-angle.jpg

&

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/motorshows/tokyo2005/concepts-small-family/03-large/subaru-b5tph-f.jpg

August issue of Road & Track has a sketch of the new Impreza. I have heard multiple reports of it being a 4-door hatch style. Subaru wants the interior to be up to standard with an Audi A3. I hope the new Impreza has the refinement it desperately needs to compete with the new Civics.

people dont buy imprezas because they think they look good. or because they get good gas milage. subaru is a very very specialty market. infact people that go into a suby dealership usually know about 10x more then the guy their buying it from. i dont think you can put a car fwd car in a class with the impreza. heck the impreza cost more then the accord. and now that the impreza is going to be based on the LEGACY platform i think that will be the furthest thing from thier minds....

Subaru can't be caught behind the EVO 8 or 9 ball here. They need a new hot design, not just a rehash of the same thing for the next prod cycle. I hope a hot hatch and a sedan compliment the imprezza line. Would be cool, and increase its appeal. EVO so far is a sedan, but they can do a coupe too. Will be very interesting to see what happens.

You can't move forward if you keep reaching backward.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

I have a feeling that Subaru is going to come out with something to DESTROY the evo. I just dont think Subaru likes losing to the evo all the time in those "won by a hair" comparisons. Especially now that the new Evo X is coming out with all that AWD trickery. Surely Subaru realizes the need for an update, and has the wool pulled over our eyes. I hope. Also, can somone get a pic of the new STI from R&T?

well there is good and bad in the way subaru thinks....

they do change because THEY HAVE TO. not becase they want to. they'll increase the hp because they have a lot of car nippin at their butts. they'll change the way the car looks becase everyone else has changed to a diff design. kinda sux that we get the cars a year after the rest of the world gets it..

heck we have to wait until april 2008 to get what they already have out everywhere else in the world in the 2007 legacy.

at least we'll only be a month or two behind when the new sti and wrx come out next year.

Archived