LegacyGT.com

Central Mass. Apt. question...

Underdog

Hi all,

So it looks like I am about to take the plunge. After 7 years my girlfriend and I are looking to move in together. Yikes!

We are looking for something that will be centralized between our jobs but also allow commuter rail access to the city. (She works for Sterilite in Townsend and my company is moving us to our Marlborough location.) This would seem to put us in the circled area shown below.

We are looking for a place to rent in the $800-$1500/mo. range. Some of the things we are looking for are: laundry (hookups), porch/deck or yard, offstreet parking, 1 or 2 bedrooms.

I am just looking for some general advice on what areas will give us good access to our jobs but still not be in the (relative) boonies. However, if you know of a specific place you'd recommend, we'd love to check it out!

Thanks for any input guys. I really hope this doesn't come off as me asking for you guys to do all the work for me, I'm just trying to use a good resource. (read: knowledgable, trustworthy people with good taste in cars!)

-Rick

edit: forgot to attach .img

Range.GIF.feca42e9a7948b36256f800f8f7ba8b9.GIF

I've commuted from Westminster, MA east on Rt for 11 years. Traffic is more than it was then, but the bad traffic does not start till the concord rotary.

Knowing the housing market here very well. Your best bet is Shirley and Ayer for price~quality~rt2 access.

Steven

Hey there,

I work in Boxborough, right off 495 on route 111, the traffic coming eastbound on route 2 is only after Concord, so it's not thaat bad, and it all depends what time you start working as well...

Acton is a great town, very close to route 2, however not many places for rent, AFIK.

I would definitely look for something from Westford/ Chelmsford to Littleton/Shirley/Ayer areas, where you can find a lot of square footage for less money, but again, if she works in Townsend, it will still be a 30-45 min commute.

Once you move, shoot me a PM and we may get together sometime, either lunch or beers, once we will be very close...

Good luck finding your place!!!!!

P.S. Just so you know, with USD 1500 you can rent a 3 bed/2 bath townhouse/condo in Boxboro... ;-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Leominster FTW, really close for the girl, and 20 - 30 mins for you (depending on where in Marlboro) It's a straigh shot down 117 to 495, or you can take 190south to 290 east....and your there.

My Neighbor rented out his condo for $1200 and I think there are a few more for rent. It's called Chapman place.....Garages and all approx 1300 sq feet

here are some pics of the place when I first moved in

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/house.htm

FZ, Scans,

Thanks for the replys. We checked out an apt. in Fitchburg (off Rt.2 exit 30) last night that was ok. It's a two floor house with the owner living downstairs. It has its own entrance around back up a small flight of stairs to a landing big enough for a grill and chair. The kitchen was pretty ugly as the washer/dryer are exposed but he said we could do practically anything we want to the place and he'd foot the bill for materials. Off the kitchen are 3 rooms with all new electrical and paint. One of the carpets had been taken up to expose the hardwood beneath which was in good shape. Lots of cool storage places built into the walls. 3 parking spots available, small backyard (well kept). All said and done it will be $800/mo. which includes everything except cable.

It's not really where I want to be very long as my demand for workshop space increases with the number of tools i purchase. But in the meantime, with a cheap and flexible lease, I think it's a go.

Questions, Comments, Concerns, Queries, Theories, Belly-aches?

-Rick

edit: that place is really nice Scans, way to set the bar too high as always!:lol:

LOL, it was in your price range...........:D

If you come to fitch, we'll have to catch up some time. Cuz I'm basically right off Rt 2 exit 33

Haha, yeah I just don't think anything we saw that was priced at $1200/mo. looked as nice. The other concern is I'm not moving in until the company moves to Marlboro (Q1 '07) so she needs to be able to foot the bill herself for a couple months. This is pretty much a temporary thing which will give us some more time to find our own place. Heated garage FTW!

As we all know, Boston is MURDER for cars. Right now I'm rockin my '95 LeBaron Convertible that I bought off my roomate for $200! I will not be getting the leggy until I move out there so I hope your ready for a bunch of mod-assisting. BTW, did I mention I have a kegerator? :icon_bigg

Archived