LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

Shouldn't drone.

W/ my stage 1 after the car is warmed up I can barely hear the exhaust at all at highway speeds. I can still hear it at low speeds / low RPM, which is just awesome IMO. I hate drone, but want to hear the exhaust when I'm accelerating. Best of both worlds!

Yeah, doesn't drone at all. I had all the windows down & the sunroof open today, and I couldn't hear it at all at highway speeds.

It's weird, it definitely sounds like an exhaust leak at idle/low RPM's, but when accelerating and decelerating (above say 3500 rpm's) it sounds nice and throaty. Not sure if I'll keep it, but I'll give it a shot for a week or so.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go S2 - it won't sound leaky at idle - because the gap is enough to let the real deep rumble out. Mid-range will ******* pwn everything. 7000? ROOOOOAR!!!!!!Of course, it'll be louder throughout, and you'll have to find out for yourself it it's worth it. I find the highway noise acceptable.
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Guest subiecity
u say u used washers? what kind of washers are they made of plastic or rubber?? anyone happen to have pics of em? i dont wanna take off my muffler yet the closest hardware store is almost 30 min away....i dont wanna drive around wit one loud muffler ..please post pics and convert me

Guest subiecity
i just so happend to have 3/8 washers in my work van.....i was under my car for 2 ****** hours....all the bolts were extremely rusted on i had to cut em all of wit a sawzall then use my portable grinder to grind off what was left and tap out the screws and replace em with new ones.... what a ****** bitch.....i went to "stage 2" , i took out the gasket, and i put 2 washer inbetween each bolt to total of 4 washers between each flange.....there was almost very little differnce in sound.....for my intake i took out the restrictor and my oem cold air part attached to the stock air box..and it was loud with both out i put my lightwegith crankshaft pulley in and the deep sound from the intake dissapeard for sum reason....and same with the exaust i went to stage 2 its almost a 1/4 gap tween the 2 flanges and i barely get any noise i think everything musta sped up since i put the crankshaft pulley in.... intake must suck in faster and exuast must blow out faster .. belive it or not theres still almost no difference in sound idk ima leave it for now till i get my new exaust system...i guess if u installed a crankshaftpulley this way of making your car louder doesnt seem to work

I think 2.5 inches on exhaust or something. Pipe width? or maybe tip width.

I'll be nice and i wont flame you.

When somebody like that they are talking about the pipe diameter. So like yo man i'm running 3 inches from the cat back means that all the pipe from the catalytic converter back is 3 inches wide.

Meier on the other hand was doing his best to make a sex joke.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Okay, so I'm stock. Last night I decided to give this a quick try.

I did 3 washers in each bolt. It sounds great, everyone asked me what cat-back I purchased. It's not loud inside and does no droning. Doesn't sound like an exhaust leak at ANY RPM. So I'm happy. I guess my only concern is it being to hott underneath the car.

Now I have read many pages, but certainly 51 is too many. Are there any down sides to this. Anything warping? Will the soot wash off? Any melting? Just wondering if there are any problems. Also curious if this will lose HP and/or **** up the back pressure of the exhaust causing pre-mature failure or anything with the turbo? Well, thanks for the answers, so far so good, 3 is perfect for me.

Also, I left the gasket on. Was I supposed to leave it out?

Wow! Stage 3! You da man. Also - take the gasket out. It's doing nothing other than disintergrating by being exposed to the elements.

Also - it's not doing anything to your backpressure - especially that far back. Ever look inside a muffler? That's some fucked up shit going on in there.

Had mine on for like 6 months at stage 2 - and no soot or heat problems. I'm even catless too...

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

powerloss? I dunno, maybe my butt-dyno isn't well tuned, but i've put on/taken off several times and never noticed a gain OR a loss...

If I remember correctly, reducing backpressure will slightly reduce low-end torque (perceived as power loss), but should provide more free breathing at the top end, thus allowing more pony power to reach the wheels.

Sacrifice a small amount at the low end for greater gains at the top end.

I got all the low end I can use:)

Then again, if you go cat-free along with the HogZawst, the turbo spools quicker so you gain back that low-end tractor-pulling power. Going cat-free makes a noticeable positive difference on the butt-dyno.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally did stage one last weekend. It's louder (to me) but not that notice at all to others, perhaps I chose the thinnest one from home depot, I will definitely will try stage 2 or 1.5 later.

Thanks

Guest subiecity
i just got rid of mine yeaterday went with perrin cans....i mean i had "stage 2" on for about month or so it sounded ok considering the price of the mod which was almost free,,,,but replacing the cans alone make this mod definityl obsolete and suchh a smoother nice sound but again for the people who dont wanna spend money this is the mod for them