LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

I think it's a mental thing - the sound doesn't change. Maybe they get tired of it? It's louder than a normal catback (well Stage 2 is), so if you drive lots of highway miles, it could be fatiguing. I put about 3,000/yr on - so I enjoy every minute of it.
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's a mental thing - the sound doesn't change. Maybe they get tired of it? It's louder than a normal catback (well Stage 2 is), so if you drive lots of highway miles, it could be fatiguing. I put about 3,000/yr on - so I enjoy every minute of it.

3000/mo or 3000/yr? where are the install instructions.. 47 pages are alot of page to thumb through

3000/mo or 3000/yr? where are the install instructions.. 47 pages are alot of page to thumb through

3000/yr, yup. not much.

as for install? look at the pics/movies - and make it look like that. easy. 4 bolts man.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

After a couple of modifications, months ago I got my Hawgzaust just right. Over these past many thousands of miles since it has become part of the car's personality. When I mentioned modifying my exhaust recently to my wife she made sure I understood her preference for keeping it 'the way it is.' "It's perfect now!"

My Hawgzaust equipped car has drawn comments from guys at the track, as being still nice and quiet. It has drawn comments from people on the street for sounding 'mean.' For me it is the tune my engine plays.

Stock is for Buicks, and Blue Hairs.

Went back to stock over the weekend and I've got to tell you, I'm just not content. The car is too quiet. Think I'm going to work on a little mod and go back to some version of the HZ mod. This all of course, in anticipation of some stellar sounding CBE system that works, looks good and hangs right. So my $1.40 HZ Stg 2 mod sound was setting the sound/aural standard for what I'm looking for in a CBE and prepping the family for a more "permanent" change.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

After a couple of modifications, months ago I got my Hawgzaust just right. Over these past many thousands of miles since it has become part of the car's personality. When I mentioned modifying my exhaust recently to my wife she made sure I understood her preference for keeping it 'the way it is.' "It's perfect now!"

My Hawgzaust equipped car has drawn comments from guys at the track, as being still nice and quiet. It has drawn comments from people on the street for sounding 'mean.' For me it is the tune my engine plays.

Stock is for Buicks, and Blue Hairs.

That was downright poetic!

Went back to stock this weekend when I put the Cusco RSB in, and yes, the car is back to being quiet. For some reason...I think I like it better. Yes, it is harder to tell when I press the gas pedal, and yes, it doesn't sound mean as all hell, but when the car is quiet inside I can hear the sweet sounds of the turbo and it really sounds nice. Another issue is the soot. When putting the RSB in, I got crap all over me, luckily I had gloves on, but I just don't think it is a great thing in the long run to have crap all under the car. I think this was a good way to represent what a CBE will sound like, and I think I really would like something quieter than the Hog, with less of a rumble, more of a purr.

And as a joke, I was going to post up my washers for sale in the marketplace, complete with pictures..but I was tired, and just threw them out :)

i actually got a sales guy at work to pay me $50 to do the hoggzaust to his car :lol:

i made a bet with one of the service advisors that if i did this mod and showed it to this sales guy he would want to buy it because he does everything to his car that i do to mine(which really pisses me off).

so i let him hear it today and when he asked what i did i said it was a secret but i would put one on his car for $50 and he imidately pulled the cash out of his wallet no questions asked and the best part is that i dont even have to buy the washers, the parts dept just gives them to me:icon_bigg

looks like you have your chance...spot #16 is open and avialable!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42588&page=38&highlight=catback

Ok, don't take this the wrong way, but how many MR CBE plugs is this site going to have? Its like, everytime someone is like, oh I want something nice, something quiet, the MR CBE Leprechan shows up and is like, get in this GB.

I just want to point out, that this isn't directed at you, and that I appreciate you letting me know that spot #16 is available, but the fact is, I know about the MR GB, and I am sure the CBE is a quality piece, but I don't like the tips or the fitment of the tips with the stock bumper, which is why I have not responded to that thread.

Sorry ahead of time if this offends anyone, it wasn't meant to.

Ok, don't take this the wrong way, but how many MR CBE plugs is this site going to have? Its like, everytime someone is like, oh I want something nice, something quiet, the MR CBE Leprechan shows up and is like, get in this GB.

I just want to point out, that this isn't directed at you, and that I appreciate you letting me know that spot #16 is available, but the fact is, I know about the MR GB, and I am sure the CBE is a quality piece, but I don't like the tips or the fitment of the tips with the stock bumper, which is why I have not responded to that thread.

Sorry ahead of time if this offends anyone, it wasn't meant to.

No offense taken captainsourpuss! - j/k:icon_bigg

I am no leprechaun, i swear (i'm no giant either, just too tall for leprechaun status) - I'm not trying to push the MR system, but from the description you had posted, I thought the MR system fit the bill. And for the price alone...it just seemed like a fit for you, that's all...no hard sell here. I don't even have the MR system, but when the time comes, it will be one of the systems i'll consider. The quad tips aren't really my bag either, however, for $, subtle rumble and build quality - it will be a consideration for me.

That's all and sorry for the thread-jack Hog!

^ Didn't have my coffee yet, sorry for being a grump :(

And why not, there are about 7,000 starbucks in your area.:lol: I dont like the quad tip either, but I cant wait for the MR's to get here, so I an get my 2nd gen Bosal:lol:.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Ugg, help a noobie please? A weak noobie...

Anyways, I don't have much to work with...except some monkey wrench i found another wrench from a Lexus..size 14 or something. Anyways, being the super buff person i am (sarcasim) i can't get the screws/nuts off. Any good products to help loosen them up? Or is WD 40 my only choice? Also, do i spray it around it and just....wait 30 mins or so?

And i'm really trying to work on the nut more then the screw...pushing the wrench away from me is really stripping the damn thing.

Ugg, help a noobie please? A weak noobie...

Anyways, I don't have much to work with...except some monkey wrench i found another wrench from a Lexus..size 14 or something. Anyways, being the super buff person i am (sarcasim) i can't get the screws/nuts off. Any good products to help loosen them up? Or is WD 40 my only choice? Also, do i spray it around it and just....wait 30 mins or so?

And i'm really trying to work on the nut more then the screw...pushing the wrench away from me is really stripping the damn thing.

STOP!

Go out to NAPA or Kragen, or something like that (not Home Depot, they don't carry it) and get some PB Blaster. SOAK those flanges. Even then it took me some strength the first time, but just take a wrench and latch it on the bolt head, and take another wrench and latch on the nut side, and then squeeeeeeze. It will come off. You probably should go to Sears and get some sockets though, it will make your life a lot easier.