LegacyGT.com

Nice Truck!

:icon_bigg

Wife's uncle got one of these...

http://thumbs.automart.com/imgs/ag/automart/cst/913/548/250/545/75/feed/thumb/10515036555001030.jpg[/url]

His is a gray quad cab. Very unassumming except for the Dub2s and SRT10 badge on the scoop. Biggest set of Brakes I ever saw looks like they could stop a train.

http://www.dodge.com/srt-10/performance.html :icon_surp

Economy measured in feet per gallon.

Certainly does look mean... But I have to wonder why this vehicle exists, other than sheer excess...

Such a nice truck that people probably won't use it for what a truck is used for. Especially with a SPOILER on the tailgate.

Heavier than a Sedan, and probably less rear seat room.

Aerodynamics of a brick. Considering it will hardly be used for cargo, why buy a vehicle that has more wind resistance than anything with less than a dozen wheels.

I think it is funny that it has 5-bolt hubs, and the Viper has 6... Usually it is the other way around for trucks vs. Cars for durability and heavy duty use.

This seems like one of those vehicles that VW markets against with it's anti-"EGO-EMISSIONS" passat ads.

"I am compensating for my shortcomings, I am compensating for my shortcomings!"

As a vehicle, it might be really nice. A nice answer to a question hardly anyone thought to ask.

But I have to wonder why this vehicle exists, other than sheer excess...

• 8.3-liter Viper V10 engine
  • 500 horsepower, 525 lb-ft of torque
  • 0-60 mph in the low-5-second range
  • 154-mph top speed

and big smokey burn outs.

How are those big ass turbo diesel engines most companies have as an option in their pickups?

I have an 2000 F250 7.3 liter Superduty Xtra cab. It's loud but slow where as the SRT10 is loud and fast. However I get twice the mileage, 20 to his 9 Ha!

And I'm not afraid to use mine to pull out shrubs. I asked him if he wanted to trade and he just laughed.

• 8.3-liter Viper V10 engine
  • 500 horsepower, 525 lb-ft of torque
  • 0-60 mph in the low-5-second range
  • 154-mph top speed

and big smokey burn outs.

Sheer excess... Point made.

I am not saying it should not be built. I am not saying people shouldn't buy it. I AM saying that it seems to have some novelty value, but even being a truck, it has very limited *practical* value.

Aside from the monsterous engine, horsepower figures, and the ability to suck liquid money in regard to liquified rubber and petroleum distillates...

All that performance can be had in a much more civilized and easier to handle package. Called a CAR.

Not my cup of tea. That is all.

And anyone getting near this thing with keys and consumeable alcohol beverage should be monitored by their sober peers very carefully. That shounds like a destructive combination. After all "hey, everybody, Watch THIS!..." are famous last words.

but even being a truck, it has very limited *practical* value.

He could get the bumper sticker that says "Some trucks haul lumber, This one hauls ass".

Her uncle has more toys and $$$ then most, caddy XLR, vettes, escaldes, etc...

How are those big ass turbo diesel engines most companies have as an option in their pickups?

Like bdisco, I also have a 2000 F250HD with the Powerstroke. I can pull or haul anything I want, and get 19-20mpg empty, 14-16 towing. And at "stage two" (exhaust and reflash) it'll put you back in the seat. The really fun part is when some ricer is buzzing/booming next to you with the window open, you can romp on it and envelope their POS with a huge, black cloud of diesel smoke... :lol:

Like bdisco, I also have a 2000 F250HD with the Powerstroke. I can pull or haul anything I want, and get 19-20mpg empty, 14-16 towing. And at "stage two" (exhaust and reflash) it'll put you back in the seat. The really fun part is when some ricer is buzzing/booming next to you with the window open, you can romp on it and envelope their POS with a huge, black cloud of diesel smoke... :lol:

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that's awesome!!!!

i had a reg cab hemi and your not kidding about a brick...had it up to about 360hp and still only ran mid 9's in the 8th mile,but with a good tuner they are pretty quick.....was a fun truck ,sure miss it, just not the gas

srt-10's get 8 mpg......but if you can afford the truck, im sure your not that worried about gas prices

if ya got diesel then ya need a shot of propane!! talk about being put in the backseat. i was towing a race car once (5th wheel) with a F250 super duty with a chip and exhaust, we hit the propane button and it pulled unbelievably with all the weight behind it.

that srt-10 is nice, but the 4 door only comes in auto (at least last time i read) so booooooooooo!!!!! the reg. cab is where it's at with the manual and one day it will be mine! :lol:

one night at the strip, a guy pulled up in a cummings 3500 double axle twin turbo diesel with a shot (i think). after the lovely 4 wheel burnout, he promptly ran a low 7 in the 1/8th. i was sold!

Kenda:dm:

Archived