LegacyGT.com

pictures of how to take door panel off?

I need to chance it, and take the door panel off the passenger side, front door. I don't notice a way to get it to pop off. Keep looking for holes or clips with buttons to press to release, but don't see anything. Keep in mind, complete car idiot here. Well, smart enough to buy a Legacy, but it ends there, haha.

Someone have pics on how they get the panel off? Even better if they have pics on how they fixed the low temperature rattle that is stopped by simply pressing on the door panel.

Thanks very much!

What do you mean, the cover of the door pull? My inside door pulls are chromy looking plastic things. Those have to come off FIRST somehow? Are they easy to get back on?

Thanks for the reply.

Man, I know exactly the rattle you are talking about. PLEASE, someone post the pics. I think someone said this is caused by a connector of some kind that rubs against the inside of the panel.

What do you mean, the cover of the door pull? My inside door pulls are chromy looking plastic things. Those have to come off FIRST somehow? Are they easy to get back on?

Thanks for the reply.

the verticle door handle.... give it like an indian burn and the front of it will pop off...:lol:

http://i4.tinypic.com/102qg03.jpg

I need to chance it, and take the door panel off the passenger side, front door. I don't notice a way to get it to pop off. Keep looking for holes or clips with buttons to press to release, but don't see anything. Keep in mind, complete car idiot here. Well, smart enough to buy a Legacy, but it ends there, haha.

Someone have pics on how they get the panel off? Even better if they have pics on how they fixed the low temperature rattle that is stopped by simply pressing on the door panel.

Thanks very much!

Dude, check out the Vacation Pics... The "Body" 's section has some incredible views. I especially like picture # 17!

Be well.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Man, I know exactly the rattle you are talking about. PLEASE, someone post the pics. I think someone said this is caused by a connector of some kind that rubs against the inside of the panel.

That was my second question. Once I get the door panel off, what am I "fixing" to make the rattle stop? I don't mind actual road noise, I just want to fix the rattle that happens when its lower temps outside, or just starting off after car has sat for a bit.

Grrr I can't believe I have to do this on a 3 month old car. Dealer has the same story, "we COULD fix it, but its not making the noise right now, so we WON'T fix it."

I will look at the pics in the link provided. Thanks.

I also had a temperaure-sensitive rattle coming from the passenger door and B-pillar. I removed the necessary panels but didn't locate a possible source of the rattles. I replaced the panels and voila -- rattles are gone.:iam:
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, I am afraid to do it myself as well. But the sad part is, I find I am not driving the car out of fear of hearing the rattle in the door. Thats just wrong. Car is three months old. Dealer won't do anything, nor will SOA. Because they can't replicate the noise.

Haven't driven the thing in five days. I am going to tonight, to keep parts moving around and stuff. But I have this feeling my Subaru days are numbered. Just unacceptable in a three month old $21k car :(

My last shot might be to pay someone at an audio shop for their time to take the door panels off. How much time are we talking to do that do you think? As in, how many hours?

You might consider upgrading your speakers if you're paying someone to remove the panels. However, I'm far from mechanically inclined (I think I'm the only person on this forum who paid someone to install an exhaust and sway bars), but found that removing the panel wasn't too difficult. I highly recommend a panel removal tool (I got mine through Crutchfields). Total time for the first door was 20 minutes. The second door was less than 5 minutes -- steep learning curve.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

Archived