LegacyGT.com

SOA has a major recall looming

It is a fact that the 05/06 legacy gt ltd sedan has a major issue with the child seat anchor system. The problem is you cannot secure your childs seat to the outside seat anchors due to the fact that the seat mount system is in the way. Subaru has given me the run around for 6 months now. They are mandated to have 2 workable systems on each of their cars. They even advertise in their brochures/internet site that each car has them and how it increases saftey of the seat systems in general. This is a huge black eye for them and they better get their shit together and get this resolved.

I used to have the infant seat behind the passenger seat using the latch system. I have the seat in the middle now, but the latches have always worked fine for me.

Maybe you shouldn't use the outside anchors and try keeping the carseat INSIDE the car? :)

? - Agreed....the LATCHes work just fine for me, too. I've actually had mine inspected as well. No problems.

Please elaborate.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

It is a fact that the 05/06 legacy gt ltd sedan has a major issue with the child seat anchor system. The problem is you cannot secure your childs seat to the outside seat anchors due to the fact that the seat mount system is in the way.

If it's a fact, why are there so many others in this thread that have had good experiences with the legacy latch system?

Subaru has given me the run around for 6 months now. They are mandated to have 2 workable systems on each of their cars. They even advertise in their brochures/internet site that each car has them and how it increases saftey of the seat systems in general. This is a huge black eye for them and they better get their s**t together and get this resolved.

Maybe they're "giving you the runaround" because they don't see other instances of your problem? I know venting about things on here is fun and provides some relief, but it might be more productive to describe your problem in detail and collaborate with others on here to fix your issue?

I've heard lots of complaints about various car seat and car combinations that don't work well, and it's not limited to subarus or the legacy by any stretch.

for interests sake could someone post a picture of two of these supposed defective latches? i don't yet have a GT to go take a look on, and even at that it won't be a limited. so yes, post pictures. Maybe even the OP can post pictures and point out these problems.

I've had no issues with using latch in my 05 wagon...

I've installed 3 different styles of child seats and used the 3pt belt on one of them and the latch on the other 2....

I will take photos in next few days

The number replies from people that have done it should hint that either:

- you have a finicky seat

- your car has something wrong with it

- the instructions are wrong

I keed I keeed

Guest JessterCPA

Mine works fine also. I have my Britax Roundabout behind the passenger's seat.

That said, I do have to clip the lower anchor upside down on the latch by the door. No effect on how it works, it just makes it a tad more difficult to tighten & release. Not sure why I have to do this, but I just do it. It will not latch the other way.

Jesse

Archived