LegacyGT.com

Comments after 1 week of ownership

So far I am really digging this car. The power is nice...first time I have had a sunroof and I really love it...but I am running into a couple of issues.

1) This car occasionally makes me feel like an old man, a very old man! I can barely hear the directionals on with the radio on and there are several turns by me where the old car would reset...this one doesn't. So a mile down the road I feel like a real douche. I guess I just need to pay more attention to it and I see which ones it sdoesn't reset on.

2) The alarm chirp is pretty quiet and the remote range is really quite good but unfortunately I can be out of earshot and accidentally unlock the car. I know there is a retrofit for 05 remotes but I am not sure exactly what it does. One post mentioned a stiffer spring, is this the case or do they replace the button section to look like the 06's? I would like to do something.

3) I am getting a squeak out of the clutch pedal on occasion, it doesn't seem to have a pattern that I can figure out. Has anyone else seen this?

4) The lumbar support seems to be a bit too high for me with the bottom set like I would like, is it possible to open the seat and move this down a little?

5) I am getting the studder and at times it is pretty bad, it seems most prevelant when you are driving somewhere around 7/10 but I am hoping this will improve with time.

6) the drivers carpet will not stay in place no matter how careful I am. I have read that there were problems with the hook but to me it seems like you would need two hooks to hold these in place.

7) the brakes shudder like crazy but at least that should be fixed next weekend after the dealer installs new rotors. I think I will mention the carpet, studder and remotes to the dealer and see what they say.

What year is this car? In 1 week, those rotors should not be warped and if they are, someone at the dealership was beating the piss out of that car before you owned it.

Also, I have read, but not sure if it's true, that there may be a fix for that shutter and works 90% of the time...or was it that it corrected 90% of the shutter. Ask the dealer about it, as this is a VERY common things and I am hoping that Subaru has fixed the problem.

What year is this car? In 1 week, those rotors should not be warped and if they are, someone at the dealership was beating the piss out of that car before you owned it.

Also, I have read, but not sure if it's true, that there may be a fix for that shutter and works 90% of the time...or was it that it corrected 90% of the shutter. Ask the dealer about it, as this is a VERY common things and I am hoping that Subaru has fixed the problem.

Car is an 05 but it had between 50 and 60 miles...I think it is what one poster refered to as lot rot. I think either the rotor or pads have some sort of deposit since it only happens with medium high braking pressures. I am sure the rotors will fix the problem and if not I am sure they will put new pads on too. I had seen posts about doing a few hard stops from 60-70 and that it may help with the shake, but I got the impression that was more likely something you'd do when you start to notice it, not when it is really bad.

Glad to hear you lovin it:)

Go ahead & purchase the Accessport...studder will be gone & the smiles will continue;)

Nooooo! That just starts me down a long penny less road.:lol:

In all reality thought I will end up with an AP before the end of the summer.

If the car is shaking really bad, make sure that (not even sure if there is one on the LGT) that the steering dampener didn't go bad from the bad shaking. THis has happened to me in my Jeep Wrangler before and almost made me lose control a few times. The dampener just blew out from it.

Get the AP from cobb and that studder, stutter, shudder whatever will be gone(like wkindada said). Try some PB nut blaster or WD40 etc. on the clutch pedal, mine squeeked too, or have the dealer lube it. Get them to replace the pads too, they're cheap enuff and if they're doing the rotors...

Next, save up some $$ for the mods you will be doing whether you think you will or not!!:icon_twis Have fun, these cars are a blast!!!! (and pretty safe too)

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I have had my 05 LGT for 2 months and can echo some of the thoughts read above...I find the seats very "hard". I drove three hours in one stretch and felt stiff when reaching the destination. Short rides are great but I am going to drive 2000 KM's (1400 miles) in July and am not looking forward to it.

The clutch squeaks with every depression, will try to fix this myself. I am also having a very hard time shifting smoothly. Stock tires are just "ok", not meant for serious cornering. The trip computer doesn't seem to be overly accurate so I don't rely on it. Stereo is just ok, not great. One touch windows all around would be terrific!

On the flip side, this car is a ton of fun to drive! The accelleration is awesome! I think the look of the car is really great, especially from behind. I haven't seen another LGT in my city (350,000) so I also like that fact although I'm sure Suburu would like to change that number...Lot's of room in the back seats although I wish the passenger seat had the adjustability of the driver seat. A great car for cruising short distances!

Don't get me wrong, I really like the car but wanted to point out some issues I have noticed! I also looked at the A4, G35x, Volvo S60 AWD and the LExus IS250.

As far as carpets- I got the all-weather mats 'cause I bought the beast in Jan. and I've got kids and animals. They are about the best car mats I've owned, and stay put quite well.

Are those the Subaru all weather mats? I have the beige interior and I was told they only come in black and I am not sure I want to continue that much of hte two tone theme. I may give the weathertech ones a shot, but I think thier tan is darker so the black might be better after all. I just wish they stayed in place half as well as the mats in my wifes A4. Hers snap into place and don't move. Even the carpeted ones and they don't have any nubs on the back.

The clutch is squeaking at the slave cylinder. Just put some oil on it, and it will go away. This happens with almost any standard car. After a while that metal piece that goes in and out will just start to squeak. Nothing you can do but to lube it up.

this was the case with my WRX....so i assume it would be the same for the LGT

Are those the Subaru all weather mats? I have the beige interior and I was told they only come in black and I am not sure I want to continue that much of hte two tone theme. I may give the weathertech ones a shot, but I think thier tan is darker so the black might be better after all. I just wish they stayed in place half as well as the mats in my wifes A4. Hers snap into place and don't move. Even the carpeted ones and they don't have any nubs on the back.

Ya, Subaru black mats. I also have the biege or taupe or tan or whateva ya call it interior. I may be aesthetically impaired, but I don't mind the 2 tone at all.

The clutch is squeaking at the slave cylinder. Just put some oil on it, and it will go away. This happens with almost any standard car. After a while that metal piece that goes in and out will just start to squeak. Nothing you can do but to lube it up.

Hmmm... mine squeaked too but not after a while, right off the bat. It wasn't ouside at the slave but rather inside, just the pedal.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Ya, Subaru black mats. I also have the biege or taupe or tan or whateva ya call it interior. I may be aesthetically impaired, but I don't mind the 2 tone at all.

Don't get me wrong...I love the two tone interior but I like the way the black it all along one line up top, I wasn't sure how it would look with the black down on the floor too. Do you happen to have pics of yours?

Hmmm... mine squeaked too but not after a while, right off the bat. It wasn't ouside at the slave but rather inside, just the pedal.

I think mine is in the cabin too but I haven't had a chance to really investigaate where, when you say the pedal do you actually mean the pedal or up where the arm pivots? If you mean the pedal do you have aftermarket pedals?

If you have the carpet mats just make sure that when you insert the carpet hook the hook is pointing towards the seat. On mine you can rotate the hook 360 degrees, also near the center of the car there is a button that snaps into your mat, make sure that is connected. Also aligning the mat properly might help, I use the trunk release, gas cap release plastic block to align that piece of carpet that fits in between that and the deadpedal, make sure it aligns flush and adjust the button accordingly, you will need a socket wrench to release the connection from the seat so that you can move that piece.

mechdiff....are you just messing with the noob? After reading your post I ran out to check my car but there is no button. That would make sense but unfortunately I don't have the button on the main carpet or the mat. Is this possibly a Canadian thing?

No not at all, mine has a button on the corner of the carpet. It might be a Canadian thing, I am not sure. It just snaps into place. It works really well, although the part that the button snaps onto is not great for the winter mats, I am going to remove it this year when I put my winter mats in there.

I have had my 05 LGT for 2 months and can echo some of the thoughts read above...I find the seats very "hard". I drove three hours in one stretch and felt stiff when reaching the destination. Short rides are great but I am going to drive 2000 KM's (1400 miles) in July and am not looking forward to it.

The clutch squeaks with every depression, will try to fix this myself. I am also having a very hard time shifting smoothly. Stock tires are just "ok", not meant for serious cornering. The trip computer doesn't seem to be overly accurate so I don't rely on it. Stereo is just ok, not great. One touch windows all around would be terrific!

On the flip side, this car is a ton of fun to drive! The accelleration is awesome! I think the look of the car is really great, especially from behind. I haven't seen another LGT in my city (350,000) so I also like that fact although I'm sure Suburu would like to change that number...Lot's of room in the back seats although I wish the passenger seat had the adjustability of the driver seat. A great car for cruising short distances!

Don't get me wrong, I really like the car but wanted to point out some issues I have noticed! I also looked at the A4, G35x, Volvo S60 AWD and the LExus IS250.

how does the LGT compare to the IS250?

I haven't driven the IS250 (big disclaimer there), but its reviews, both professional and otherwise, have been very consistent. I expect when compared with the IS250 the LGT feels like a fast, fun economy car.

Sandy is much more qualified to state that, of course.

2) The alarm chirp is pretty quiet and the remote range is really quite good but unfortunately I can be out of earshot and accidentally unlock the car. I know there is a retrofit for 05 remotes but I am not sure exactly what it does. One post mentioned a stiffer spring, is this the case or do they replace the button section to look like the 06's? I would like to do something.

They give you an 06 remote. Thats the retrofit.

4) The lumbar support seems to be a bit too high for me with the bottom set like I would like, is it possible to open the seat and move this down a little?

You know about the lumbar lever on the right side of the drivers seat right? Kinda wedged on the side of the seat by the armrest. Just checking...

Also, for this remote 'retrofit' I would like to get mine switched out for the '06 remote too. Is there a cost associated with this?

Go Cardinals!

That lever feels like it moves the lumbar support in and out more than it moves the support up or down. At least that's what my back told me - I was a little suprised but I haven't check the manual for what it's supposed to do yet.

That lever feels like it moves the lumbar support in and out more than it moves the support up or down. At least that's what my back told me - I was a little suprised but I haven't check the manual for what it's supposed to do yet.

Same here...it might move a little down as it comes out but I think that is just because it is rotating downwards. I just wish I could open the seat and slide the assembly down a bit.

Hi guys,

The IS250 is a very very nice car! It is definitely a luxury car(for the class). It is only 200hp though so the fun driving factor isn't there. It seems like a heavier car but that maybe only the lower hp, not sure. When I had the test drive, the sales guy was with me so I couldn't really get a good feel for the power but there is no way it is even close to the LGT in that department. All of the interior materials and the fit and finish are much nicer than the LGT but the price tag is much higher as well...I am very happy I bought the LGT becuse I love to drive. The only other car I enjoyed driving as much was the G35x but it only comes with auto tranny and sport shift(tiptronic/autotronic) here in Canada.

Archived