LegacyGT.com

What mods will guarantee that an STR-4 will see my tail lights

jmcomp124

dodge def hit a home run with the srt-4

I would never own one though.

They did it right. The way they had to considering the base was a neon. When claimed crank power is the same (or lower!) than the whp thats no f@#king around!

People give those cars to much credit. They actually bounce its called wheel hop. My friend has one any type of launch and you get nothing from first gear at all. low 14's, even the modded idiots with stock tires run low 14's because the extra power just leads to extra spin. from a stop even if he has mods your AWD should take him down. Now if he has a brain and got wider tires with more grip you got a problem. Can you believe they put 205's on a FWD car and expect it to get traction? Thats one major thing the factory overlooked. 14.2 vs. 14.2 very even match up. But we own the 60' they own the top end. race 0-60 we will smoke em.

SRT-4 are typical American muscle. Lots of power, lots of noise and lots of time at the dealer. However, it is a fun car and a giant killer even stock. 0-55 even if both cars have identical times the LGT will win. Why some have already said it, AWD. If you launch your LGT you will get almost a full car length on him from the start at 0-20, 0-30, 0-40 you will kill him.

Though he may begin to close to gap by 55, you will still have half a car on him. Again, if you have identical 0-55 times a good launch AWD gives you the advantage over any FWD car. Game over, with equal mods you still win. From a role you will get walked unless you are stg 2 protuned then you will give him a good race (at the track of course).:icon_bigg

An STR-4, same color (silver metallic) was parked right next to me at work today :lol:.

Nemesis?

BTW, how much would a stage II and Protune cost me?

Hate to do mods on a car that has under $1500 miles. Already dropped about $2K on mods (GPS, two sets of wheels/tires..etc).

No mods, Stock can beat the Neon SRT-4

What kind of answer is that? from a roll that's not true at all, don't just say mines better than yours cause i said so cause that's BS, my cousin has a 05 SRT-4 we play around all the time, i can take him off the line every time but he will always catch up and be even around 75ish then start to walk me from there Stock vs Stock, And it all depends on the driver vs driver also you can give someone a viper and give someone a cobra but if they cant drive then.... I could have bought a SRT-4 and dropped 7k in right off the bat and i would have a rocket, but that's not what i wanted, i wanted a refined car that's not boy racerish but that still had speed and a lot of potential and a sleeper, and I'm very satisfied with the route i went.

Note i don't consider myself a above average driver nor him

What are guys smoking? Only under ideal conditions would our Legacy GT hang with an SRT4 0-55. 9 times out of 10 the Neon is going to win, they pull pretty hard once they hit 2nd gear.

The guy needs a stage II flash for sure, and I would recomend removing the catalytic converters in the up-pipe and down-pipe as well.

Remember though, that cheap turbo Neon is completely outclassed by the Legacy in every other category.

--

What? A stock SRT4 is not all that quick, you are making it sound like a rocketmobile. It can be made really fast, but as far as stock, the Legacy is going to beat it to 60 with a good launch.

Both SRT and LGT get to about 100mph in the 1/4 mile. I thikn the SRT is also about .2-.4 seconds faster in the 1/4. What does this tell you? The better driver will come out on top every time, not necessarily the actual car.

http://www.bmwm5.com/articles/m5e60/motor/1-800.jpg

Having driven that motor yet again, I am fairly certain it has the power to beat an SRT-4. Problem is that it will not fit under the Legacy's hood, and it costs about 30K+ so it would be a really expensive mod.:icon_mad:

Archived