LegacyGT.com

Shifter Surround or Bezel Gap: READ THIS

was this fixed under warranty for you guys? I'm still within the 3yr/36,000 mile factory one.

If not, how much did it all cost approximately?

Someone else will probably chime in but from what I have read on this thread and other posts on the site, it is definitely covered by warranty. I have heard of some dealerships not wanting to do it or not installing the piece correctly so the issue comes back. I know when I told my sales guy about it, he had never heard of this problem. So I called the service deparment and they said the same thing. Hopefully I won't have an issue when I go.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone else will probably chime in but from what I have read on this thread and other posts on the site, it is definitely covered by warranty. I have heard of some dealerships not wanting to do it or not installing the piece correctly so the issue comes back. I know when I told my sales guy about it, he had never heard of this problem. So I called the service deparment and they said the same thing. Hopefully I won't have an issue when I go.

cool, i'll print out the first page of this thread and take it with me to my local dealership. Ive gotta go pick up my oil from there later in the week anyway, i'll just stop and ask about this problem too.

cool, i'll print out the first page of this thread and take it with me to my local dealership. Ive gotta go pick up my oil from there later in the week anyway, i'll just stop and ask about this problem too.

Is your console as bad as the pictures? I honestly didn't notice it until I stumbled on this thread thinking they were talking about the left and right silver dash pieces coming loose from the console (which is what is wrong with mine). Also, can you post back the outcome after your appointment? I will probably be at my dealership late next week for accessory installs so I was just going to ask them about the console then.

Damn, this problem still exits? :spin:

I was one of the original ones to post this and here's the deal:

It IS 100% covered under the 3/36 warranty. The part will be different on the 05/06 than the 07-09, I think. Either way, start with taking in the first post and pics and see what happens. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

It IS 100% covered under the 3/36 warranty. The part will be different on the 05/06 than the 07-09, I think. Either way, start with taking in the first post and pics and see what happens. :)

Yes it seems like it does. My left silver trim piece on the console was not installed correctly and is actually raised towards the top by the steering wheel. There is a bigger gap on the left side than the right because of this. I came to the forum looking for information and found this thread. I checked my console and sure enough my right side of the console isn't as tight as the left side. You can also see the clip on the right side between the gap. It doesn't look as bad as the original pictures in the thread but it is noticeable. Hopefully they won't give me issues about it or think I am being anal. I honestly can't believe it does still exist as this thread is pretty old. Thanks for the reply as I will definitely print out the first page when I go next week.

Is your console as bad as the pictures? I honestly didn't notice it until I stumbled on this thread thinking they were talking about the left and right silver dash pieces coming loose from the console (which is what is wrong with mine). Also, can you post back the outcome after your appointment? I will probably be at my dealership late next week for accessory installs so I was just going to ask them about the console then.

yes mine is very noticeable but it was just something i forced myself to just accept. I had no idea it was common until i found this thread this morning.

I had the warranty service done on mine... with the new part... and it didn't fix the issue. :spin:

• 1 month later...
Well I finally got my car looked at. I purchased a 2009 Legacy (non-gt) about a month and a half ago. It look them that long to get the part in and get my other free stuff installed. It's a super low volume Subaru dealership (they sell 4-5 cars a month max) so the service has been mediocre to be honest. I got a great deal on the car though so I guess it worked out in the end. Well they did make the gap better but it's not completely gone. They have it in their log books so I am not going to worry about it. I do have an issue where the plastic cover that covers the gear box is loose on the right side towards the E Brake. It's the cover that butts up against the piece that has a gap in it. If I push down on it, it goes down and then pops up again. It honestly only moves a few millimeter's if that (very very minor and you would only notice it if I pointed it out to you) compared to the left side (which is completely tight) but my anal tendencies think it's annoying :). I think it was like that originally as I remember being able to snap the metal ring around the gearbox (sorry I got an automatic.....lol) down some and heard it click into place (like it wasn't fitted good at the factory). I may get it looked at next time but I can see them chuckling when I ask them to fix it......lol. I guess I need to realize that not everything is going to be perfect and there are going to be a few issues I have to live with. Again it's very minor but my brain is wondering if it was there before I had them look at the car. Otherwise I really like the car and just passed the 2000 mile mark. Overall the fit (interior wise) is close to my Honda Accord I had. It definitely doesn't rattle and squeak like that one did. The few pieces that were not fit/installed correctly from the factory are annoying but it is honestly stuff I can live with. The outside of the car including the paint is miles better than my Accord which is a huge plus.

• 2 months later...
finally! So I finally got the part installed by the dealer after having them order it back in october. Supposedly someone had called me to inform me that it was in but I do not recall receiving any calls. Anyways so I brought my car in for the 15000 mile service and to finally get the part installed. New part works like a charm but the 15000 mile service was horrendous. As part of the service they are supposed to top off the windshield washer fluid and rotate the tires. When I got home I checked over everything and noticed that the tires weren't rotated, no big deal really I can do that pretty easily but annoying that it wasn't done. Then I checked the fluid and noticed the windshield washer fluid was very low. This led me to believe that the service was never actually performed! So I took it back and complained. they took the car back and did all the things in the service.

Good call on always checking that they do what they say they are going do. :D

Glad your issue is FINALLY resolved! :p

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Damn you all, I wish I never found this thread. I just bought an 05 LGT and sure enough, after seeing this thread I saw the gap staring right back at me. Has anyone replaced this part on their own? I'm well past any warranty coverage and don't want to pay the dealer for something so minimal.