LegacyGT.com

Can we get a good list of after market Oil filters for the LGT and their part numbers. And also which ones people prefer. I know there might be a little debate, but I think this would be a big help for people, becuase of the problems with Oil Filters in the past.

I use Walmart Supertech filters in my cars. They are made by Champion Labs, same one that makes it for STP and Bosch. They filter up to 20 microns

P/N ST6607, I bought the earlier versions and the new ones out are shorter for the same reason why the new OE are shorter.

I change my oil regularly so I don't see a problem here and I read on BITOG forums that people have good results with their oil analysis using that filter.

Now I won't use Fram on the other hand.

I have had a couple of Turbo Subies.. The few times I have an Oil chg at the dealer--when I get home & c heck the dip-stick it is WAY over the full mark..

Any of you have that prob??. I have seen a few posts on here where they actually

drain and/or siphon out oil to get to the full mark on the stick.. When I chg it

myself-I put in four (4) qt's then adda little after warm up to reach the full mark.

Is it a BIG deal or not ????

Deadeye:confused:

I use Walmart Supertech filters in my cars. They are made by Champion Labs, same one that makes it for STP and Bosch. They filter up to 20 microns

P/N ST6607, I bought the earlier versions and the new ones out are shorter for the same reason why the new OE are shorter....

:whore: I like the ST filter's for the same reasons....Also, I use the ST7317, as it is 0.5" longer, and holds a touch more oil.

I have done 2 UOA's with them, and the reports come out no different than using the Toyo Roki's. I have a few of both on the shelf, but once my OEM supply runs out, I'm just going to use the ST's, they are 1/3 of the price!

Archived