LegacyGT.com

steering column boost guage

niskyne

For those of you who have mounted your boost guage on the steering column, how did you do it?

I'm thinking of using the thick foam double sided tape and tape it on, but I don't know if that would look good or not. Also, it's probably going to be a little harder to get it to stick since the guage is round so there won't be as much contact. So i'm just trying to get other ideas of how to mount it.

Thanks everyone!

Here's another pic;

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/interior/omori1.jpg

The only thing it blocks from my vantage point, is the illuminated "Legacy" that's right behind the gauge/pod.

-Mike-

I thought I seen steering wheel colums where it holds two gauges?

Yes those exist. However, they only allow 52 or 60mm gauges. I didnt want something that big. I didnt want my view to be obstructed at all. Plus I just like the look of the 45mm Omori.

Go Cardinals!

Is the brightness adjustable on that gauge?

Pretty sure you can, i'll play with it tomorrow and report back.

Edit:

Yep you can, just tried it. Just turn all the knobs down, and adjust them all up at the same amount to still get the white color, but at a dimmer level, took a fair amount of tweaking, but it was possible. I'll see if I can get you a pic tomorrow.

Go Cardinals!

• 3 weeks later...
For those of you who have mounted your boost guage on the steering column, how did you do it?

I'm thinking of using the thick foam double sided tape and tape it on, but I don't know if that would look good or not. Also, it's probably going to be a little harder to get it to stick since the guage is round so there won't be as much contact. So i'm just trying to get other ideas of how to mount it.

Thanks everyone!

Here's my walkthrough on how to install the Omori 45mm on the steering column.

Click here for the walkthrough....

Be well.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

• 2 weeks later...
Here's another pic;

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/interior/omori1.jpg

The only thing it blocks from my vantage point, is the illuminated "Legacy" that's right behind the gauge/pod.

-Mike-

I like this option, but am concerned with blocking the gear I'm in when I'm in manual mode in my 5EAT.

How much for the housing, I might get the gauge elsewhere.

I like this option, but am concerned with blocking the gear I'm in when I'm in manual mode in my 5EAT.

How much for the housing, I might get the gauge elsewhere.

You dont have to put it on that side. I also have a 5EAT and did mine on the other. Check out the pics of my install here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34090

Go Cardinals!

Archived