LegacyGT.com

Who's in MA?

Billy Dagwood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are you trying to get done? basic maintenance, performance shop, alignments?

for maintenance like oil change, brakes and stuff. and also i have front suspension clunking for some time that i want to get it fixed.

not looking for performance upgrades at the moment. but it would be good to know if there are shops around.

for maintenance like oil change, brakes and stuff. and also i have front suspension clunking for some time that i want to get it fixed.

not looking for performance upgrades at the moment. but it would be good to know if there are shops around.

For a performance shop I'd recommend Dent Sport Garage (aka: DSG). They are in Norwood, about 20-25 min from Waltham. They do a ton of work on Subaru's. They are pretty involved with local motor sports too.

I just had my 60k service as well as up pipe TBE installed there last friday. I'll be headed back soon to replace my turbo. They list a lot of their typical pricing online, I think it's pretty reasonable.

DSG seems to be the performance shop of choice around here. ESP in Sterling, MA has a good reputation, though I've never used them.

I've been to Little Foreign Car Garage in Waltham for an alignment, but they seemed like a good place and I would probably do regular maintenance there if I needed it quickly.

Otherwise I go to Paul in RI (GTTuner on the forums) for most of the work on my car. He does great work, good guy to hang out with, and prices are great. just a little bit of a drive from the area, but always worth it for me.

and for what it's worth, if I'm in a jam I go to the Valvoline quick oil change on Main St and use conventional oil from them. I get my winter/summer tires mounted at Hogan Tire on Main St as well. I used to go to Fastrack Automotive in Peabody, MA but also a decent drive to get there.... i'd rather just go to Paul.

I know some guys in a small shop in Wayland if you need regular stuff done. He's very competent with cars.. but if you were going for the long haul I'd probably go to DSG or definitely Paul in RI. I did a few little things and my buddy helped me out in Wayland, but I always go knowing exactly what I want done, so there's never really any problem.

Um, Rice_rocket, holy crap, u from Evo M, dude long time no talk, where you been?! lol

I know some guys in a small shop in Wayland if you need regular stuff done. He's very competent with cars.. but if you were going for the long haul I'd probably go to DSG or definitely Paul in RI. I did a few little things and my buddy helped me out in Wayland, but I always go knowing exactly what I want done, so there's never really any problem.

haha, still have the garage queen, she's itching to get out from under the covers and in to the great weather, almost have 50K miles on it now, (in 4 years, that's not bad, lol). Bought a house, totaled my daily subaru (someone hit me) so upgraded the DD to the 08 LGT, couldnt get away from the turbo game, lol, and I hate the Evo X, so this came natural, good to see you're still in the area, we'll have to hit up a meet sometime, and congrats on the kid!

For a performance shop I'd recommend Dent Sport Garage (aka: DSG). They are in Norwood, about 20-25 min from Waltham. They do a ton of work on Subaru's. They are pretty involved with local motor sports too.

I just had my 60k service as well as up pipe TBE installed there last friday. I'll be headed back soon to replace my turbo. They list a lot of their typical pricing online, I think it's pretty reasonable.

I'm going to retract this recommendation for the time being. I've been trying to work with them on a BNR turbo install, they don't really seem to helpful to me. They are giving me the vibe that they don't want anything to do with LGTs.

I first went to them with info on the BNR EVO 16g, the suggested a larger TMIC and a fuel system up grade. They went on to say they do not recommend the AVO TMIC and would not install anything similar for anyone. Ultimately, DSG suggested I buy a $1,100+ SARD TMIC from Japan.

All I wanted was a 16G with a conservative tune, stock fueling, and stock TMIC. Either there is a huge disconnect somewhere between my wants and the shops wants or I'm asking for something that can't be done. You decide.

haha, still have the garage queen, she's itching to get out from under the covers and in to the great weather, almost have 50K miles on it now, (in 4 years, that's not bad, lol). Bought a house, totaled my daily subaru (someone hit me) so upgraded the DD to the 08 LGT, couldnt get away from the turbo game, lol, and I hate the Evo X, so this came natural, good to see you're still in the area, we'll have to hit up a meet sometime, and congrats on the kid!

50K in 4 years! Yes that's good for a garage queen! :) Wow, you sure sound like you have a nice setup with a new house, and your own 08 LGT for a daily driver! :) My neighbor just bought an X as well, and it's not too bad.. the look is growing on me. He has his car under a cover most of the time too, since he can train it to work downtown. I still am stuck here in Natick with the condo.... and slowing down the the cars. Just had a daughter that's 7 months old now. The only good thing is that the wife didn't make me sell my sport bike! At least that will compete with your Evo haha.

I'm going to retract this recommendation for the time being. I've been trying to work with them on a BNR turbo install, they don't really seem to helpful to me. They are giving me the vibe that they don't want anything to do with LGTs.

I first went to them with info on the BNR EVO 16g, the suggested a larger TMIC and a fuel system up grade. They went on to say they do not recommend the AVO TMIC and would not install anything similar for anyone. Ultimately, DSG suggested I buy a $1,100+ SARD TMIC from Japan.

All I wanted was a 16G with a conservative tune, stock fueling, and stock TMIC. Either there is a huge disconnect somewhere between my wants and the shops wants or I'm asking for something that can't be done. You decide.

I have heard mixed things about them, I suggest either Kaizen Tuning, who have worked on LGTs before, or Ashby Autosport (Synergy auto lab in NH), Tell them Paul (Myevodream) sent you.

50K in 4 years! Yes that's good for a garage queen! :) Wow, you sure sound like you have a nice setup with a new house, and your own 08 LGT for a daily driver! :) My neighbor just bought an X as well, and it's not too bad.. the look is growing on me. He has his car under a cover most of the time too, since he can train it to work downtown. I still am stuck here in Natick with the condo.... and slowing down the the cars. Just had a daughter that's 7 months old now. The only good thing is that the wife didn't make me sell my sport bike! At least that will compete with your Evo haha.

Nice, I work in Natick now, have for a couple of years, way better than boston and the commute I used to have, hell sometimes in the summer I actually take the Evo to work! We'll have to catch up soon man, been a long time

NEW GUY RIGHT HERE. WOOSTA MASS.

finally found my car 05 subaru legacy gt limited

bought the car 3 weeks ago first day i had it blew the turbo at 110 on 290 blowin the doors off a bmw 328i. called the guy told him he could come pick his car up the turbo blew. he said sorry let me fix it for you. turns out it needed a whole new motor so he spent the 5k to put a new motor in and told me as a sign of good faith ill throw a new clutch in. going to pick it up sometime this week. cant wait!

• 4 weeks later...
hey rice_rocket were in natick. the girlfriend lives over by the dq iam always driving around red lgt sedan eyelids grill delete hids and yellow fogs

I live out on 135 in Natick Village.... I could have sworn I saw you one day and waved.. but got no love :)

• 2 weeks later...

1) Show no Fear

2) It's always the other drivers fault, $400 fine or not, you are getting the finger regardless of who screwed up.

3) Saturn and Volvo drivers should always be forced off the road when possible. It's just a matter of time before they slow my drive time down by at least 10 seconds.

4) A pretty car gets no respect.

5) The police don't do anything about all of these idiots on the road: it's up to the Massholes!

Just few rules to live by when driving and surviving in the Boston Metro area. And for all of you NH drivers who think you can drive like Certified Massholes: go to the rear of your favorite cow and breath deep!

lol wow. welcome on

1) Show no Fear

2) It's always the other drivers fault, $400 fine or not, you are getting the finger regardless of who screwed up.

3) Saturn and Volvo drivers should always be forced off the road when possible. It's just a matter of time before they slow my drive time down by at least 10 seconds.

4) A pretty car gets no respect.

5) The police don't do anything about all of these idiots on the road: it's up to the Massholes!

Just few rules to live by when driving and surviving in the Boston Metro area. And for all of you NH drivers who think you can drive like Certified Massholes: go to the rear of your favorite cow and breath deep!