LegacyGT.com

Requirements to beat the GTO, SVT Cobra, Charger, Camaro??

moviemadness

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was Crystal Cove in Newport Beach, CA. At 7am most Saturday mornings the place fills up with millions of dollars worth of exotics. Cars like Bugatti Veyron, Enzo, CGT, SLR, Murcielago, Gallardo, 430, 360, etc come out for a good show.

Stage 2 ProTune STi can SMOKE a Camaro TT and beat a midly modded C5 (examples).

The 911 in that video is extensively modded.. not that you could tell very much, but it was PULLING on the CGT.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Guest *Jedimaster*
Rain, Snow, or Gravel.

Curves.

Stage 2. (or maybe even a Stage 1 protune).

Competent driver.

Point and shout "Is that Jeff Gordon?!"

Any of the above should do the trick.

:lol:

Let this be said also......if the cars in question are stock the only one listed that could not be taken by a Protuned Stage II+ car would be the Cobra.

I have had runs with a Magnum SRT8...a 05 GTO (AT) & a WS6 trans am 6 (spd) all were pretty much a dead heat.

Altough all of the cars listed will carry a faster trap speed.

My neighbors son lives in long Island. He just purchased a very low mileage 03 Cobra. He installed a smaaler Diam. pulley on the supercharger....Header back exhaust....BBK intake & had the car Tuned.

So in parts he put about 2k in the car....

results:

Stock.............340rwhp

Modded.........436rwhp:eek:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Guest *Jedimaster*
Let this be said also......if the cars in question are stock the only one listed that could not be taken by a Protuned Stage II+ car would be the Cobra.

I have had runs with a Magnum SRT8...a 05 GTO (AT) & a WS6 trans am 6 (spd) all were pretty much a dead heat.

My neighbors son lives in long Island. He just purchased a very low mileage 03 Cobra. He installed a smaaler Diam. pulley on the supercharger....Header back exhaust....BBK intake & had the car Tuned.

results:

That's just sick- any idea what numbers he gets on the strip?

He's going to be here this weekend, I'll find out more then. I'm sure he has not taken it to the track though, he just got it about a month ago. He's been ordering parts & installing ever since.

He was ordering street drag radials this week....the car will not hook up with stock rubber:eek:

results:

Yea, if you add a Kenny to it's belly.... 550-600rwhp :icon_surp:icon_twis

ofcourse that is with a 75 shot of naaawws :lol:

Remember though excluding the 03 Cobra....big increases in HP are not as easily attained for small amounts of money with the other cars.

Down here @ our local meets the average enthusiast will install a catback & a cold air intake on those cars & thats it.

Lately I have been talking to a few GTO owners with quite a few mods also. Several have gone to a intercooled supercharged setup putting down 550-600rwhp....cost 6-8k:eek:

Those are awesome figures for a sub 40k car including the mods.

I would like to get a 06 GTO & add the following keeping the car N/A. One local from tampa has this setup & it makes for a wicked daily driver still getting 26-27mpg on the highway:)

6MT STS

Cam

Cold air intake / Throttle body

header back exhaust

Diablosport custom ecu map

A few other minor mods......not as drastic as the cobra but still very stout.

Stock.........355whp

Modded.....415whp

The guy turned the wrench himself so the total cost for mods was about 2,500. So total cost for the car including mods is under 35K:)

I plan on giving this car a run when my mods are complete on the "grocery getter" (350-360whp / 380-390Ftlb 93oct )

A 100oct tune will really make it interesting!

Guest *Jedimaster*
That's one thing I miss about my GTP- for not much cash you could do a smaller pulley and a few other goodies and have the thing really move! It was like sticker shock when I got into the Subaru community- everything is so expensive. And there's all these weird sounding brands for wheels and accessories that I've never heard of but are apparently very cool over in Japan and desirable to teh JDM wannabe crowd :lol:

He was ordering street drag radials this week....the car will not hook up with stock rubber:eek:

That is one spot where we shine. The AWD does hook up on dry & in the rain. So with a tuned stg.1 or 2, and with good rubber, we can take many of the "mostly stock" V-8's. Not to mention, our cars are fairly light also. 500lbs less than most of them. Go Get Em' :icon_bigg

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

Archived