417 members have voted

1. 1. Is this you first subaru?

• No, have owned Subaru's before
    • First Subaru

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last car 05 LGT, new car 06 SpecB.....

Got a rental forrester while my clutch is getting upgraded...and now the girl wants a ForresterXT....I think we've been fully converted.......

Great......2 cars for me to mod :D

Not sure on the next one. Currently have a '02 BH GT. Need a wagon for the room, demand a manual or DSG system. Do not like leather. Hopefully Subie while going "upscale" will still support their roots.

I am looking forward to the Diesels.

Peace,

Greg

This is my second legacy. Not sure if I'll get a subie next time or not. I like them but wanting something with a little more luxury. But since it'll be a few years till I get the next car I may change my mind by then.

This 2005 Legacy Wagon is my first Subie but it won't be my last. I love this car, great handling, great engineering, excellent quality, usable AWD.

P.S. although my wife prefers pocket rocket type cars, she liked my car so much we ended up with a shiny new WRX wagon in the driveway as well.

First is '02 WRX, 2nd was '05 LGT Unlimited 5EAT, and 3rd is '06 LGT LTD 5MT.

My next car will be a Suby Hybrid....if there's one in the works. Gasoline is just too much for me.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Second Scooby - first was the Wifey's Rex.

Fell in-love with her Rex near-instantly, despite its awful 4EAT. I totally loved the 5MT WRX that I test drove, though.... :)

Went back to the dealer pretty much dead-set on getting a 5MT Rex wagon for myself, and fell head-over-heels for Winky. ;)

I'll definitely buy Subaru again. Symmetrical AWD truly feels almost magical and is well-paired with my driving style as well as with our NE-Ohio winters.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My current Subaru is my 3rd. First one was a 1990 Legacy L Wagon. Then a 2004 35th Anniversary Legacy (which i totalled), and then my current one is a 2001 Legacy GT Sedan. My 4th one this summer is going to be an Impreza WRX STI.

1st was 93 Turbo LGT Wagon bought used with 100k miles after moving from San Diego to Maine- had ta unload my BMW 325i for AWD. I was astounded by the performance of the LGT- drove it to 170K miles without any problems.

2nd: wife's '96 Legacy wagon, great car, bought used with 30K miles.

3rd: 02 WRX sedan- traded in 93 LGT wagon for it. First time I ever bought a new car (hard for the skinflint in me). But loved the WRX. Took it to Cobb stage II with 17 alloys, other add ons.

4th: wife's 05 OBXT- new. Astounded again by performance of a "family" car. Impressive torque. Blew away my stage 2 wrx in that respect, as well as refinement.

5th: 05 LGT Limited wagon- new. Traded in 02 WRX for it. Currently TDC stage 1 pending TDC stage 2 and Ion springs...then on to TDC protune..then???

Got our first child and we needed something to haul the crap you have to carry. No SUV's thankyou my wife and I are quite aware of the increasing cost of gasoline and its instability on the market. We were going for 06 impreza wag but the impreza is basically the same car with a new nose, dealer had a great deal on an 05 2.5i Legacy wag. So we bought it. First new car either of us has every owned.

I think the remodelling of the legacy was waaay over due. The remodelling of the Impreza, VW Jetta and VW Passat wagons are also waaay over due. For us it was just who would remodel first. Suby did with the Legacy so we ended up with a Suby. We are glad we did now :D

I've owned a few,,,,

96 Legacy L wagon

98 Legacy GT sedan

2000 Impreza RS

2002 Impreza WRX

2003 Forester XS

2004 Impreza WRX STi

2005 Legacy GT wagon

2006 Legacy 2.5 Si Ltd.

&

My mom has a 2000 Outback Ltd. and my sis drives an 04 Forester.

and,,,Not a major problem with any of them;)

First subaru. My requirements are AWD + Wagon which narrowed down the search.

If I could choose my car it would be a E300 CDI Wagon 4matic but I probably wouldn't pay the $60k price tag if it existed here.

That doesn't leave a lot of options for a awd wagon. If subaru does right on their next major upgrade they will have a repeat customer. But if my income goes up (hopefully) and they don't start adding some "standard" luxury features I will jump ship.

someone has me beat, but teh LGT was my 6th subaru:

2000 legacy gt limited - titanium pearl

1992 svx ls-l - claret

2002 forester s premium package - midnight black pearl

1997 svx lsi - polo green pearl

2000 impreza l coupe - sedona red pearl

2005 legacy 2.5gt limited - regal blue pearl

Archived