LegacyGT.com

What is SIA thinking..no turbo wagons at NY Auto show!

ATB

One of the many disapointments at this year's auto show was that Subaru did not have a single turbo wagon on display (Impreza, Forrester, Oubtack, Legacy) and not a single Legacy wagon of any type. I was going to heckle the guy giving the "talk" on the specB (partularly when he started by talking about Subaru 'heritage') but I just walked away. Subaru really wants to force me into another brand for my next performance wagon. :(

please girl!

as a owner of a outback 3.0r witha h-6 i do not like the idea of a 2.5i h-4 outback sedan that looks like mine.

?? How does this apply to a thread about turbo wagons??

Although dealer knowledge is spotty at best, I don't think the Legacy wagons are going to be discontinued for next year. I went into the dealer asking about ordering one, and he said that the only ones he could get were the 2007's.

The response from SOA:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your interest in Subaru

products. Information on the 2007 Legacy models, except the 2007 Legacy 2.5GT

Spec B Sedan, is not yet available. This information should be available late

this Spring, as the 2007 Legacy models should be arriving at dealerships in

July. Please contact us again to check on the information for the 2007 Legacy

Wagons.

While information is not yet available on the 2007 Legacy models, it is very

surprising to us to hear that there is a rumor that we will not be offering any

Legacy Wagon models for the 2007 model year. As far as we in the Customer

Service Department are aware, we will be offering 2007 Legacy Wagons. We will

be able to advise you of this definitively in a few months.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance. If you need any future

assistance, please feel free to contact us again.

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

A few months??? it is the bottom half of april NOW, a few months won't be "this spring" any more.

Heaven forbid they actually let people know about their products.

I know I was seeing 2006 legacys before I saw any sort of official documentation, and all we had was a product matrix that a nice member here had leaked, about this time last year (HINT HINT HINT)

I hope we find out about the 07 GT Limited sedans and wagons before July, when they arrive on lots... I wanna know what to buy, and what it costs, before I step on the lot with the down payment in hand.

Ah...now I got you.

I hope no one interpered my lamenting that SoA did not bring any turbo (or Legacy) wagons to the NY autoshow as an indicator that the Legacy wagon was being dropped. It just shows that they don't seem to be very interested (or think anyone in NYC area is) in the performance wagon market...must be all that $$$ in B9 sales.

Subaru was not the only dissapointment though. The only 'wagon' Audi brought was the A3. Too much sapce being taken up by those new Q7s I suppose.

Got to move the B9's.

Yeah and the other manufacturers have to move their standing batches of full size SUV's. Why give consumers an alternate when you still have them sitting on the lots.

Ah...now I got you.

I hope no one interpered my lamenting that SoA did not bring any turbo (or Legacy) wagons to the NY autoshow as an indicator that the Legacy wagon was being dropped. It just shows that they don't seem to be very interested (or think anyone in NYC area is) in the performance wagon market...must be all that $$$ in B9 sales.

Subaru was not the only dissapointment though. The only 'wagon' Audi brought was the A3. Too much sapce being taken up by those new Q7s I suppose.

Well they were wrong, I drove my turbo legacy (manual) wagon to the show. I've got a 45 dollar reciept for parking to prove it :)

It's obvious Subaru didn't spend a lot of money for the NY Auto Show, they didn't have much space and although they introduced two new versions of vehicles, there still wasn't much to see. Guess they are spending too much money on Tribeca commercials to use their marketing dollars here.

Archived