LegacyGT.com

Too Quiet Turn Signal Clicker!

brad21

Is it just me? If I don't do a turn that has them turning off automatically I invariably find myself with the Gallagher "I'm stupid as hell, I'm stupid as hell" not-turning-but-indicating-you-are deal happening. In the daylight I can't see the little green arrows and if I have the stereo moderately turned up I can't hear the click-click. My Audi had an annoyingly loud click-click so this never happened. What gives? Even as I was thinking about posting something regarding this I noticed in the reflection of the vehicle in front of me I HAD DONE IT AGAIN!! This just looks plain bad for me and Legacy drivers in general! :?

[quote name='brad21']Is it just me? If I don't do a turn that has them turning off automatically I invariably find myself with the Gallagher "I'm stupid as hell, I'm stupid as hell" not-turning-but-indicating-you-are deal happening. In the daylight I can't see the little green arrows and if I have the stereo moderately turned up I can't hear the click-click. My Audi had an annoyingly loud click-click so this never happened. What gives? Even as I was thinking about posting something regarding this I noticed in the reflection of the vehicle in front of me I HAD DONE IT AGAIN!! This just looks plain bad for me and Legacy drivers in general! :?[/quote] I am an audiologist...come....make an appointment........we'll make sure your hearing everything at full volume. :) I just find it hard to see....which I've already scheduled an eye exam...hehe
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

And if the Legacy's clicker was loud, people would be saying that a loud, annoying clicker was incongruous with the near-luxury aspirations of the Legacy...that it sounded like a Kia's turn signal indicator. :lol: Be grateful that we have to look for things as small as turn signal indicator sound to find quibbles. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']And if the Legacy's clicker was loud, people would be saying that a loud, annoying clicker was incongruous with the near-luxury aspirations of the Legacy...that it sounded like a Kia's turn signal indicator. :lol: Be grateful that we have to look for things as small as turn signal indicator sound to find quibbles. Kevin[/quote] I'd have to say that my A4 was a luxury vehicle. The "firm" click was great, even with the stereo up a little. You gotta have the stereo/AC/whatever way down to hear [i]anything[/i] in the way of a click in the Sube. I am quibbling. It's what I do. :wink:

And Kenzo, you've got 16 years on me. I can [b]hear[/b] your arteries hardening. :lol: I [i]would[/i]credit the first Van Halen album and subsequent concert to some degree of hearing loss though. :o Or so my wife tells me...

I agree the clicker is not loud enough, but then I'm almost 50 so they say the hearing is the first to go... In my case it was my eye's. In my 00GT I would read the outside air temp as 34F my 16y/o son would say, 39.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

[quote name='Deer Killer']You can probably just wire in a 2$ relay from radio shack, it will make clicking sound :) Or a small speaker with a high-pass filter for also approximately $2.[/quote] Or you could come see me and I'll getcha some really nice hearing aids. :) Only cost ya $6400. Thats what I need to make...an assistive listening device for the car. Hey they have them for the home.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I wouldn't say it's not loud enough... simply because I don't care. I will say that it's the softest sound from a turn signal that I have ever heard.[/quote] Well you're gonna care when you wonder why you're getting the bird flipped at ya and you realize the last turn you made was 20 miles ago! :o

our cars are low talkers. i don't mind too much. i had a saab 9-3 before my leg, and it was very loud. my roommate was riding with me and asked if the turn signal noise was coming out of the speakers. what is annoying to me is the quiet lock mechanism. i have to look at the car when i lock it to make sure the lights blink because i can't hear it.

[quote name='brad21'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']I wouldn't say it's not loud enough... simply because I don't care. I will say that it's the softest sound from a turn signal that I have ever heard.[/quote] Well you're gonna care when you wonder why you're getting the bird flipped at ya and you realize the last turn you made was 20 miles ago! :o[/quote] Funny, cause I know that I have left it on a couple times. :lol:

Same here. My Jeep has a signal clicker you could hear a block away. I have left mine on several times which I find embarrassing. However you just get used to it and I tend to pay attention to it. I am not sure if the noise is too low or the self cancelling feature is a little lame.

Not only is the signal click too soft but it doesn't automatically cancel unless I'm turning 90 degrees or more. I use my signal often (a rarity in this state) and I'm always amazed at folks who just drift through intersections leaving everyone else to guess where they're headed. Now I'm among the clueless because my signal doesn't cancel and I can't hear it above the radio so I cruise down straight-aways with my signal flailing away as though I were an escapee from the cellphone overuse clinic. (The above is admittedly a nit and should not be construed as any significant displeasure with the car - fact is I quite like the car, warts and all.)

I've certainly found myself leaving it on...when the radio is up at all, or i am on the gas. Oh well, just hope its not for too long at a time...i can't stand when people do that. It could be a little bit louder though. But really doesn't happen at night since i can the mirror if its on.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']I've left it on a couple times...it IS quiet! Too quiet, but nothing to really complain about... The first time I drove the LGT I thought something was wrong! :lol:[/quote] Me too, on my first test drive I looked at my brother and said "is this even working? I can't hear it!" I'm used to the good ole GM click...you really had to try to leave your turn signal on in my old car.

[quote name='brad21']Is it just me? If I don't do a turn that has them turning off automatically I invariably find myself with the Gallagher "I'm stupid as hell, I'm stupid as hell" not-turning-but-indicating-you-are deal happening. In the daylight I can't see the little green arrows and if I have the stereo moderately turned up I can't hear the click-click. My Audi had an annoyingly loud click-click so this never happened. What gives? Even as I was thinking about posting something regarding this I noticed in the reflection of the vehicle in front of me I HAD DONE IT AGAIN!! This just looks plain bad for me and Legacy drivers in general! :?[/quote]

Archived