LegacyGT.com

Higher-Performance Legacy SURVEY!

#1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 2)Wagon #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 4)330+/330+ #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox:[/b] 2)Retain 5-Speed auto with significant cooling upgrades #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 2)$32-34k ----- #5A What would be your reason for choosing an option package over a full model? [i]You may answer with as many from this question as you like[/i] #5B What would you feel should be changed from stock? 1)Tires 2)Wheels 6)Engine Performance #5C What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512 #5D Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #5E Should there be any changes to the stock drivetrain? 4)Yes, throw in the entire STi drivetrain #5F What would you expect from engine performance enhancements? 2)ECU Upgrade + Sports Cat + Axle-Back (Netting perhaps 15-25chp) #5G Your percieved value of such a package: 1)$1-2k ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 1)Yes Demographics: Sex Male/ Age: 38 Type of Employment: Physician Region (State/Country): Utah/USA -----

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
#1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 2)Wagon #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas #5A [b]What would be your reason for choosing an option package over a full model?[/b] [i]You may answer with as many from this question as you like[/i] 2)Should cost less, but get the job done just about as well, better bang for buck 3)I don't need everything an STi model may come with (such as GT versus GT Limited packaging) #5B [b]What would you feel should be changed from stock?[/b] 1)Tires 2)Wheels 3)Brakes 4)Suspension #5C [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc #5D [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #5E [b]Should there be any changes to the stock drivetrain?[/b] 1)No #5F [b]What would you expect from engine performance enhancements?[/b] 2)ECU Upgrade + Sports Cat + Axle-Back (Netting perhaps 15-25chp) #5G [b]Your percieved value of such a package:[/b] 3)$3-4k ----- #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 1)Yes [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 35 Type of Employment: Program Manager Region (State/Country): CA/USA -----

[b]#1 Body Style: [/b] 2)Wagon [b]#2 Trim:[/b] 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) [i](But, I think it should be an upgrade, so both might be possible)[/i] [b]#3 I would prefer: [/b] 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas [b]#5A What would be your reason for choosing an option package over a full model? [/b] You may answer with as many from this question as you like 1)Less visual to an STi model 2)Should cost less, but get the job done just about as well, better bang for buck 3)I don't need everything an STi model may come with (such as GT versus GT Limited packaging) 4)Other [i](The lower insurance due to simply a perf. package) [/i] [b]#5B What would you feel should be changed from stock?[/b] 1)Tires 2)Wheels 3)Brakes 4)Suspension 5)Drivetrain (Transmission/Differentials) 6)Engine Performance 7)Exterior [i](Very mild changes)[/i] 8)Interior [b]#5C What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? [/b] 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc [b]#5D Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes [i](but upgraded with ss lines, etc.) [/i]are fine as long as they work very well, [i]maybe with powder-coated calipers[/i] [b]#5E Should there be any changes to the stock drivetrain? [/b] 2)Yes, Differentials only 3)Yes, it should have an upgraded gearbox 4)Yes, throw in the entire STi drivetrain [i](Maybe, but 1 and/or 2 would be fine I think)[/i] [b]#5F What would you expect from engine performance enhancements?[/b] 2)ECU Upgrade + Sports Cat + Axle-Back (Netting perhaps 15-25chp) 3)ECU Upgrade + Full Turbo Back (Including Sports Cat) + STi Up-Pipe (Netting power figures similar to WRX STi) (Similar to Prodrive PP) [b]#5G Your percieved value of such a package:[/b] 3)$3-4k [b]#6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 1)Yes Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): _[u]Male[/u]__ Age: __[u]27[/u]____ Type of Employment: ___[u]Engineer for USAF[/u]__ Region (State/Country): ___[u]Ohio[/u]_
:spin:

For #1-3, please choose one or the either, beyond that, multiple answers may be given if it fits your desire. #1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 2)Single Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 4)330+/330+ #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 3)BBS thin spoke forged (like USDM STi) #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 5)Nothing additional needed #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 3)$34-36k #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 2)Maybe Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): M Age: 26 Type of Employment: Financial Svcs Region (State/Country): NC

[b][size=4]The results will be tabulated and both posted here AND sent to Subau of America.[/size][/b] [i]For #1-3, please choose one or the either, beyond that, multiple answers may be given if it fits your desire.[/i] #1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 1)Sedan --- Sedan, if both not possible. Would be great if both sedan and wagon were offered. #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) --- Limited plus more options. It would be competing with european sport sedans. Options listed below. #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi --- Full model. Establiishing STi as a performance brand name. ----- [i]If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. Do not answer both. Once you complete #4 or 5, please answer #6 and please fill in the demographic data at the end.[/i] ----- #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 --- Twin Turbo Flat 6. Parallels to Porsche's twin Turbo flat 6 would be fun to point out. 2)Single Turbocharged 3.0L H6 --- if twin turbos cannot be done, then a single turbo, as long as the H6 is retuned for more aggressive driving with the turbo(s) than the Naturally aspriated 3.0R version. 3)Single-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 --- #s 3 and 4 are too close to the stock GT, and if the STi's 300hp H4 is used, the price should stay close to the WRX STi's $30-32k. The sport sedan market is such that an H4 might pshycologically put off buyers as "too small" for it's competitors that use high-output 6 or 8 cylinder engines. #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 2)About 280-300/280-300 --- too low, too close to stock GT to make much of a price increase worthwhile. 3)300-330/300-330 --- more toward the 330 mark for both HP and torque. I think this is a good amount of power for the price and the market, while maintaining reliability. E46 M3 has 330HP, and Audi S4 V8 has 340. That is a good neighborhood. 4)330+/330+ --- If it happens to make more power reliably, I won't argue a bit! #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox or a manual gearbox:[/b] 1)STi 6-speed gearbox --- 6MT is a requirement, even if a sportshift automatic is optional. #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi --- Taller 6th gear will allow slightly more agressive final drive ratio, that and the higher power level will still make the lower gears seem very "sporty". A larger car than the WRX STi will also be more likely to travel longer distances on the highway. I would also not include the WRX STi's DCCD. I would choose a Helical gear, Torque-biasing center and rear differentials. Front LSD is probably not neccessary for the street. #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand --- I like the idea of brake packages, and braking does need to be comensurate with the horsepower and handling. Plus people will complain if the WRX STi has them, and the Legacy STi does not. It should look like it has had the braking system improved, but only if they really have been. The marketing cache of brake packages can be used, as it has been on the WRX STi, and G35 Coupe. #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] 1)Subaru OEM JDM Spec B Style --- good choice. 7.5 or 8" width, please. 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) --- another good choice. 5)Other (please specify) --- Stock wheels look nice with the 5 spokes, a more agressive looking version, with a wider width would be nice. #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b][i] 1)Keep the RE92's on there, they work for me. --- you're kidding, right?[/i] 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ---- Standard tire offering. Bridgestone Potenza RE950s 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc ---- [i] Optional tire package, for those in warm climates, or those who plan to use dedicated winter tires on other wheels. also consider Potenza RE750 [/i] 4)[i]Competition-type like Bridgestone RE070 (on STi), Pirelli PZero Corsa --- no, Legacy is a road car, not a rally car like WRX STi. the only reason to put competition tires on it would be for some sort of club-sport "stripped out" version of the Legacy STi, which is not the primary point.[/i] #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] 2)Performance ---- This car is not going to be competing with an M5 price point, so it won't have everything. It is about performance and mild exclusivity for real-world people. A few more creature comforts, like what the Outback VDC has would be welcomed. If people want comfort before performance, though, they should look to the GT/XT Limited, LLBean, VDC, or 3.0R versions of the Legacy and Outback #4I [b]Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply)[/b] 1)Navigation ---- Setup similar to JDM should be optional. 2)HID Headlamps ---- definitely should be an option for those who care. 3)Homelink ----- Definitely should be standard. 4)Other(s) (Please specify) ---- electronic features, such as one touch up and down on all windows and sunroof. Audio input, MP3 reading, and/or aftermarket adaptation for stereo. constant-on/off for master cruise control (not have to reset each time car is started). Outback's tire pressure sensors, or a better programmable system. #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model:[/b] 2)$32-34k --- This would be ideal, but perhaps optimistic. 3)$34-36k --- The car could go up to about 36k. but any beyond that, and the design of the car will be reaching beyond it's grasp. M3/S4 power and AWD at this price, even though it might have fewer creature comforts than the european competitors, would sell well, in my opinion. It could undercut the M3, S4, G35, etc, the same way the original Nissan 240Z undercut the Jaguar E-type in the early 1970s. 9/10ths the performace, at 3/5ths the price. ----- skipped #5. ----- #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 2)Maybe - for this car, a Legacy STi, I would certainly try to make something happen as soon as possible. If not within 6 months from now, at least within 12-18 months. [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): [u] Male [/u] Age: [u] 27 [/u] Type of Employment: [u] Information Technology Management [/u] Region (State/Country): [u] Iowa, United States [/u] -----

#1 Body Style: EITHER #2 Trim: LEATHER #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 3)300-330/300-330 #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 1)Subaru OEM JDM Spec B Style #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink 4)Other(s) - MP3 player, sunroof, tire pressure monitor, auto up/down all windows #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 3)$34-36k (skipped 5) #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 1)Yes Demographics: Male 28 MD - USA

The results will be tabulated and both posted here AND sent to Subau of America. Thank you for your time in advance. For #1-3, please choose one or the either, beyond that, multiple answers may be given if it fits your desire. #1 Body Style: 2)Wagon #2 Trim: 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 I would prefer: 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas ----- If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. Do not answer both. Once you complete #4 or 5, please answer #6 and please fill in the demographic data at the end. ----- ----- #5A What would be your reason for choosing an option package over a full model? You may answer with as many from this question as you like 4)Other (Please specify) Car should maintain street GT nature vs track/boy racer look and feel. M3 like subtle with great performance. #5B What would you feel should be changed from stock? 1)Tires 2)Wheels 3)Brakes 4)Suspension 5)Drivetrain (Transmission/Differentials) 6)Engine Performance 7)Exterior 8)Interior #5C What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512 #5D Does it matter which brakes I get? 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #5E Should there be any changes to the stock drivetrain? 3)Yes, it should have an upgraded gearbox #5F What would you expect from engine performance enhancements? 2)ECU Upgrade + Sports Cat + Axle-Back (Netting perhaps 15-25chp) #5G Your percieved value of such a package: 5)$5-6k ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 1)Yes Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): _Male__________ Age: __53________ Type of Employment: Property Development, X CAD/CAM VP Mktg.__________ Region (State/Country): ____So Cal______ ----- Thank you everyone for taking this survey. ***** EDITED: Additional Notes Added- ***** Also, option #5 does not provide opportunity to make two important requests, although they are implied. 1. Seat upgrade to M3/VolvoR std. Seats are the most visual and functional center piece for a cars interior. Critical differentiator. 2. A six speed MT that does not require short shift or firmer bushings after market. Personally, I am not sure I require a 6MT, but the perf market sector requires it.

From: [b]Uncle Meat[/b] @ WRXForum.com - 07 September, 2004 12:24 PM ***************************************** #1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 3)300-330/300-330 #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 5)Other - more traditional multispoke design. Maybe a split 5-spoke. No need for a $3k+ set of wheels to come standard though. #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H Which is more important overall? 1)Creature comforts #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink 4)Other(s) dual climate control, power adjustable heated seats, more options that keep up with other cars in its class. #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 6)$32-40k based on trim #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 3)No Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 22 Type of Employment: technical Region (State/Country): Wi/USA I've knocked on Subaru before for trying to raise the price of the Legacy into the range of BMW, Lexus, etc. I still think it is a mistake, because they have yet to produce a car that can reasonably compete in that class. However, I think making a high(er) class sport/touring car is the next step for them. Something that can compete with the likes of an M3 or even S4, etc. That means they need to get past the mid-90's Toyota interior (they make a nice interior in all their cars, but nothing to jump up and down about). They need to get past the "kids will love it" image. That's what the WRX is for. I don't even know about using "STi" in the name, because it has such a boy racer image attached to it by now, thanks to the likes of 2F2F and SCC magazine. This has to be a very serious car, much like they tried to do with the new GT, but more of a put up or shut up attitude. You say you're going to give serious performance in a touring package? It better not have a 4 cylinder. It probably shouldn't have less than ~300HP. It should have an interior that would make the European guys take a few extra looks. It has to be a huge bold step for Subaru. The big leap into the realm that they've been toying with for the last 5 years. Subaru keeps saying how they put up numbers like the big boys, they need a car that really makes it stupidly obvious. Anyways, I already said no $3k wheels, but something nice looking and big enough to fit good brakes. It needs tires that the car can at least begin to use its potential with. There is no need for a big name brake kit, usually drives up the price too much and makes it a pain to upgrade. Just as long as it has some meaty calipers and good 60/100-0 times. I think a TTH6 is the only real option. Nobody is going to consider dumping their bimmer or mercedes for a heavy lag machine. If you want to attract the European/German crowd, there will have to be some torque. Also, I just don't see a single turbo H6 doing the trick, would probably be a single tiny turbo that would just disappoint the performance enthusiests. I also think the car should come pretty well decked out. There can be a tame base model, just like the non-GT legacy is now. However, the daddy model has to have the goodies come standard. Make things like navigation optional, but keep it as luxury as can be from the factory. I'm probably going overboard... but I keep seeing Subaru putting out ads where they say "0-60 faster than Boxter S" or "stops faster than..." "turns better than..." yet they don't have a full package. They have a bunch of very nice cars, but they mearly peck at the German/European group that they so desperately seek the approval of. They have yet to make a car that, IMO, really belongs to run in or ahead of that crowd. I think it's time they do.

[i]For #1-3, please choose one or the either, beyond that, multiple answers may be given if it fits your desire.[/i] #1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 1)Sedan 2)Wagon [b]2[/b] #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) [b]2[/b] - although a base type should be available for those looking for pure performance... #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas [b]1[/b] ----- [i]If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. Do not answer both. Once you complete #4 or 5, please answer #6 and please fill in the demographic data at the end.[/i] ----- #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 2)Single Turbocharged 3.0L H6 3)Single-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 [b]Order of preference: 1,2,4,3[/b] #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 1)<250-280/250-280 2)About 280-300/280-300 3)300-330/300-330 4)330+/330+ [b]4[/b] #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox:[/b] 1)STi 6-speed gearbox 2)Retain 5-Speed auto with significant cooling upgrades [b]1,1,1,1,1[/b] #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi [b]2[/b] #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand [b]2[/b] (Subaru brakes warp way too easy) #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] 1)Subaru OEM JDM Spec B Style 2)Subaru OEM Euro Spec B Style 3)BBS thin spoke forged (like USDM STi) 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) 5)Other (please specify) [b]any 17" or greater wheel that is (suitably) lightweight and strong[/b] #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 1)Keep the RE92's on there, they work for me. 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc 4)Competition-type like Bridgestone RE070 (on STi), Pirelli PZero Corsa [b]any option but 1[/b] #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] 1)Creature comforts 2)Performance [b]2[/b] - but maintaining refinement of Legacy #4I [b]Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply)[/b] 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink 4)Other(s) (Please specify) 5)Nothing additional needed [b]1 and 2 available as options[/b] [b] ** integrated turbo boost gauge, not the bag-on-the-side currently offered[/b] #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model:[/b] 1)$30-32k 2)$32-34k 3)$34-36k 4)$36-38k 5)$38-40k [b]2,3[/b] ----- #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 1)Yes 2)Maybe 3)No [b]3[/b] [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): [b]M[/b] Age: [b]33[/b] Type of Employment: [b]Computer Programmer[/b] Region (State/Country): [b]Texas/USA[/b] ----- Thank you everyone for taking this survey. Cheers, Seth[/quote]
Founder - The Harry F. Johnson Memorial Fund

#1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 3)Single-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 ------the 2.0T in Japan can dish out 280 so it shouldn't be a problem. Plus 2.5 is lighter than a H6. #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 3)300-330/300-330 #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well ----Heard of theives trying to jack the sti just for the brake system. :( #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc. -----Advan Neova would be nice :) #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 2)HID Headlamps #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 2)$32-34k #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 2)Maybe Demographics: Sex (Male/Female):Male Age: 26 Type of Employment: Govt Region (State/Country): Hawaii

#1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 3)300-330/300-330 4)330+/330+ #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 3)BBS thin spoke forged (like USDM STi) 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc 4)Competition-type like Bridgestone RE070 (on STi), Pirelli PZero Corsa #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 3)$34-36k #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 2)Maybe Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 20 Type of Employment: Student Region (State/Country): TX/USA -----

#1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 1)Sedan #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas [u]update: changed my opinion... 2) is better than 1) if it offers similar performance of a STi model yet can fool the greedy insurance companies... [/u] ----- [i]If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. Do not answer both. Once you complete #4 or 5, please answer #6 and please fill in the demographic data at the end.[/i] ----- #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 4)330+/330+ #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox:[/b] 2)Retain 5-Speed auto with significant cooling upgrades [u]update: after owning my auto for 1 month I am kinda missing the fun of manual...but the auto is really better when i am sitting in traffic, even for a mere 20 mins[/u] #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] 1)Subaru OEM JDM Spec B Style #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] 2)Performance #4I [b]Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply)[/b] 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 4)Other(s) (Please specify) [b]JDM bumpers!!![/b] #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model:[/b] 4)$36-38k [u]update: I will pay 36.0K for Navigation, HID, JDM bumpers, better tires, [b]and[/b] STi performance[/u] ----- #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 1)Yes [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): M Age: 26 Type of Employment: graduate student Region (State/Country): Colorado, USA

This Space For Rent

#1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) - refer to agctr's signature #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 4)330+/330+ #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox - but also a taller 6th for good cruising #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work [b]very[/b] well #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 5)Other (please specify) - something very close to Prodrive P1s with a good selection of colors (Gold, Gunmetal, silver at least) and preferably 18"x8" #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance, but it needs to be a good mix of both - also refer to agctr's sig. #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 2)HID Headlamps 4)Other(s) (Please specify) - a sporty interior with sport seats, plus some sportier but subtle exterior upgrades (like WRX-STi sideskirts and front bumper splitters -- no wing :)) #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 3)$34-36k ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 2)Maybe - Since SOA will probably take a while to put this into action, I'd be leaning towards yes by that time. Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): ____m_______ Age: _____17_____ Type of Employment: _____student_____ Region (State/Country): _____KY_____

1. Sedan 2. Limited-type 3. Full Sti model 4a. Twin Turbo 3.0L H6 4b. 330+/330+ 4c. Sti 6-speed gearbox 4d. Shorter and Sportier ratios 4e. No 4f. 1 4g. High Performance all-season 4h. Performance. However, a more refined interior styling is very important - more Legacy GT than WRX STi. 4i. HID Headlamps 4j. $38-40k 6. Yes. Tomorrow, 6 months, 1 year or more. I'm ready. Sex: Male Age: 30 Type of Employment: Pharmacist Region: South Dakota, U.S.A

#1 Body Style: 2) Wagon #2 Trim: 1) Base type #3 I would prefer: 1) full Sti #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 2) single-turbocharged H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft) 4) 330+ hp #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 2)Subaru OEM Euro Spec B Style #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 2)HID Headlamps 4)Leather Optional 4)Sunroof 4)More image- BMW and Audi have great image. #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 3)$34-36k #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 1)Yes Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 31 Type of Employment: Engineer Region (State/Country): MD Comments: wolf in sheeps clothing alert! I thought I'd settled with my '00 outback wagon until I drove a friend's wrx. Now I have a wrx wagon and loving it. Weight is the enemy! I would rather have an WRX Sti Wagon than a Legacy Sti because for as nice as the new Legacy is, it gained over 200 lbs from my '00 wagon, which is now 600 pounds too heavy in my book. The real reason I want a Sti Legacy is for more cool parts to put in my WRX, like a factory-turbocharged H6. Porshe exhaust note, here I come! Subaru, please sell me an Sti wagon! -anyone want an '00 wagon for sale cheap?!

#1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi ----- #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 4)330+/330+ #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 5)Something unique to the Legacy STi (18") #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink 4)Folding rear seat #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 5)$38-40k ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 2)Maybe Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 23 Type of Employment: Pharmacy Owner Region (State/Country): ON/Canada

1. Sedan 2. Both as options, albeit I know the market for that class of car would want leather. 3. Full STi model (I'd like it to have an STi-improved powertrain, but not a Recaro stripper with a riced-out wing and with things like the radio and AC as options, I'm not putting a roll cage in mine) 4a. No preference, any of the choices but 3 could produce 300+HP without going in to unreliable boost area) 4b. 300-330HP 4c. Both, duh. 4d. Taller gearing (highway-bred M3 destroyer) 4e. No pref, OEM would be cheaper but Brembos would be more impressive 4f. As long as you can get a tire that's AA A rated and has a UTQG rating of over 300, you can put whatever the hell you want on there) 4g. HPAS, see 4f 4h. Performance (It's an STi, I'm not going to say skimp on performance, but I still say there should be a comfortable daily-driver STi) 4i. HIDs, Boost/oil pressure gague 4j. $34-36K 6. 1 Sex: Male Age: 24 Type of Employment: Network Administrator Region: Michigan, USA

Thanks for all of the replies so far everyone! We're seeing some good results. I have added such a post on [url=http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7527363#post7527363]NASIOC[/url] as well with the permission of the administrators. If you've answered here, you don't need to add to the slightly revised format there.

#1 1)Sedan #2 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) #3 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas #5A 3)I don't need everything an STi model may come with (such as GT versus GT Limited packaging) #5B 1)Tires 4)Suspension 6)Engine Performance #5C 2)Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512 #5D 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #5E 1)No #5F 1)ECU Upgrade (Netting perhaps 10-15chp) #5G 2)$2-3k #6 1)Yes Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 28 Type of Employment: Computer/Software Region (State/Country): Illinois (US) Comments: My major complaint with the car is the suspension. It is way too soft. Lots of body roll, way too much nose dive/rise during hard acceleration and braking. I'd sacrifice plenty of comfort to get the kind of handling I want. My other complaint is wandering during high speed driving. Going 80mph down the highway, the car feels somehow loose.

#1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 3)300-330/300-330 * More of guess as to what it would make. Most important would be a wide power band. #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox or a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi * With a wide power band I feel that short ratios are not as necessary; I’d prefer to be able to cruise at reasonable rpms and shift a bit less frequently. #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 5)Other (17” would be fine; should be lightweight; I prefer 5 spoke designs; not gold) * Should offer additional winter wheel package that will clear big brakes. #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc * Again, provided there is an addition winter wheel/tire package; otherwise, should offer choice 2). #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 2)HID Headlamps 4)Other(s) (Heated seats/wipers/mirrors; sunroof)(I can hear the enthusiasts gag) 4J Your percieved value of such a model: 2)$34-36k * Under $50K Canadian would be required, though #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 1)Yes Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 32 Type of Employment: Engineer Region (State/Country): Ontario/Canada

#1 Body Style: 2)Wagon...always loved the high HP Audis...RS2, RS4, RS6... #2 Trim: 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 3)300-330/300-330 #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401)...18x8 #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc...235/40-18 #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance...but w/ enough lux. to justify the price point #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)High-end, multi-speaker stereo 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink 4)Recaro seats #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 3)$34-36k #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 1)Yes...if I get a good trade on my new LGT Wagon :) Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): M Age: 36 Type of Employment: Marketing Region (State/Country): NH, USA

#1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 2)Single Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 3)330+/300+ #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 2)6-speed auto or perhaps a very good 11-speed SMG #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 5) plenty of choices like BMW offer to their customers #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)LED lights all round except headlights 4)rain sensitve wipers 5)ECU computer system display on the LCD navigation screen 6)Comfortable seats with good "snuggle" power for fast cornering #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 4)$34-36k+ #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 1)Yes Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 45 Type of Employment: SI consulting Region (State/Country): Australia

#1 Body Style: 2)Wagon #2 Trim: 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) If this is what it take for the sun roof - no leather needed or wanted. #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi ----- If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. Do not answer both. Once you complete #4 or 5, please answer #6 and please fill in the demographic data at the end. ----- #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 low lag and 18-20psi boost #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 4)330+/330+ at flywheel this where it should be with 18 psi of boost Cobb is getting 350 witht eh 2.5 liter. #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi with that much torgue longer is fine #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 3)BBS thin spoke forged (like USDM STi) #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 3)Summer-only tires Bridgestone Potenza S-03, and Dunlop M3 for the Winter #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink #4J Your percieved value of such a model: $34-$40k ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 1)Yes - Would you like a check today ? I am doing most of this except for the 3.0l and the 6 spedd to my Outback XT and it will cost over $10k so this would be a steel if less than $40k . The Volvo V70R simularly equipt is about $46k. Demographics: Sex (Male/Female):M Age:56 Type of Employment: Engineer Region (State/Country): Massachusetts -----

#1 [b]Body Style:[/b] --> 2)Wagon #2 [b]Trim:[/b] --> 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] --> 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] --> 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] --> 3)300-330/300-330 #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox:[/b] --> 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] --> 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] --> 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] --> 2)Subaru OEM Euro Spec B Style #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] --> 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] --> 2)Performance #4I [b]Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply)[/b] --> 2)HID Headlamps, 3)Homelink #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model:[/b] --> 1)$30-32k ----- #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] --> 1)Yes [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): ____Male_______ Age: ____30______ Type of Employment: __Engineering________ Region (State/Country): __CO/USA________

#1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 I would prefer: 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 4)330+/330+ #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes #4H Which is more important overall? 1)Creature comforts #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 3)$34-36k ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 2)Maybe Demographics: Sex (Male/Female):male Age: 25 Type of Employment: engineering field Region (State/Country): WA, USA -----

Archived