LegacyGT.com

Recent change in invoice price..?

Hey all...I just got a call from my local Suby dealer and they quoted me a revised price of 24358 for a Legacy GT w/manual no options. Thats less than the invioce price in the sticky post. Is this a special price for NY customers.?
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Ehhh not really. Subaru is trying to push the 05 legacy's out cause honestly even hardcore Subaru customers don't know there is a new legacy. And almost the entire general public has no clue what the car is when they see it. So the idea is to sell them cheap now for invoice or less to get the car on the road and a name for itself. My guess is these things will be flying off the lots this fall and spring for much higher prices.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

Actually, the Legacy is selling so well that starting with all shipments on or after Sept. 9th the price on Legacy's will rise between $100 & $300 depending on model. See this thread: [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=2306[/url]

They even have 2.9% APR financing for 60 months. Thats if your verrrrry well qualified of course. Well I have my loan papers ready, so as soon as I finish moving this moth i'll be pulling the trigger myself.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Not so fast Opie - [url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622923[/url] [url]http://vocuspr.vocus.com/VocusPR30/DotNet/Newsroom/Query.aspx?SiteName=Subaru&Entity=PRAsset&SF_PRAsset_PRAssetID_EQ=90175&XSL=PressRelease&Title=Releases&Cache=True[/url] They are starting to stack up on dealer lots.... As of today, my local dealer has 32 Legacys and 28 Outbacks

My local dealer had: 2 OBXT Ltds, both sold. 0 OBXT. 2 GT LTD Wagons. 0 GT Wagons. 2 GT Sedans. 1 GT LTD Sedan. I did not check the non-turbo models. They said they were selling very briskly. He did say that he could get anything ordered in a few days though. I suppose it varies from dealer to dealer.

Based on the links RAO listed, the Legacy seem to be selling very well! It is the only vehicle in Subaru's lineup that has an increase from August 03 to 04, and compared to other OEMs, the same can be said. Sales across the board for almost all OEMs are down this year compared to last. So if nothing else, this should be a positive sign for Subaru that they did the right thing with the new Legacy.

[quote name='MDrex']Hey GT Ski, what dealer are you talking about? I'm lookin at getting a GT and want the best price.[/quote] Jones in Bel Air, I was just there last night looking to check out an OBXT and they had none, no GT Wagons except for one limited either. When it comes time to buy I might check out Fitzgerald Auto Mall, they sell for a few hundred under invoice.

My local dealer has a bunch of them here in Chicago. I don’t think they are selling too well and it’s disappointing to me that a brand new car is selling at invoice a month or so after it’s introduced to the marketplace. I think that’s a clear indicator that the demand for the new Legacy is very low. It’s a good car and probably priced right, but I think most people considering a $25-30K sports sedan are not considering a Subaru. Let’s face it, Acura, Honda, Infiniti, and Nissan have most of the market share in this arena. I still go back to my original thought about this car being too bland. Subaru needed to do something above and beyond the competition to draw some attention. Most of us on this web site are true car buff’s and know the new Legacy is a great car because we know what goes into a good car. The boxer engine, AWD, large brakes, etc. all make up a pretty decent sports sedan. However, the Legacy GT has lots of competitors offering just as much or more (at least on paper) and the competition is already well-established in this market segment of vehicles. AWD does help them be different, but lots of avg. car buyers could care less about which wheels propel the car. AWD marketing is only going to be successful in certain geographic areas of the country. 250 hp isn’t much compared to the competition and it’s coming from a 4 cyl. engine. Turbo or not, lot’s of people see a 4 cyl as a weak engine and want the assumed additional power of a 6 cyl. It’s a hp. game these days. Subaru could have easily made the GT hp. rating north of 275. Perhaps they were concerned that would steal away WRX STi buyers. No navi. option doesn’t help them either. Subaru could have also put Brembo brakes on the GT. Brembo seems to be pairing up with OEM automakers more and more lately (STi, Acura TL 6sp, 350Z, G35 Coupe, Evo). The Brembo name would attract more sports car folks towards the GT model. And lastly, styling of the GT is boring. It doesn’t look bad, it just doesn’t look sporty. Non-GT and GT models hardly look any different from each other (other that the 17” wheels, what’s different from an exterior appearance?). I saw a silver Toyota Camary this morning and I seriously had to do a double take because I thought it was the new Legacy. That’s not a good thing.

There isn't that much difference in the Spec B version and our version. But, as stated before, I'd love to get Japanese version front bumper with their fog lights rather than ours. I just cannot seem to understand why car companies sometimes dull down cars to send to the United States. We buy the MOST cars of ANY country in the world....for F-sake give us what we deserve...the best. Love those 18" wheels too. What kind are they?

Archived