LegacyGT.com

Front + Rear swaybar= overkill?

dr. pepper

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Realistically dampers would help more with handling then would springs, actually you really need both.

If you have the dough get a good set of coil-overs or get what I have JDM Bilsteins riding on ION spring.

i agree with this although i think coilovers are overkill for a street car unless you love to tinker with your setup and/or get a great deal.

i agree with this although i think coilovers are overkill for a street car unless you love to tinker with your setup and/or get a great deal.

Agreed. Cheap coilovers tend to not have very good dampers. so you have to go expensive.

Also, it is hard to get progressive springs in a coilover unless you spend big dollars.

That is why I have IONs.

Well I want to keep the luxury ride as close to stock as possible. I have really taken my time doing my research and listening to what my car and body are telling me as far as handling goes. Money is a tight thing but I would love to get a decent set of springs and keep the lux feel of the stock dampers. I guess there is a trade off. I was thinking about the Ions, HR or waiting for the Eibachs.

Any other suggestions or methods of approach?

Realistically dampers would help more with handling then would springs, actually you really need both.

If you have the dough get a good set of coil-overs or get what I have JDM Bilsteins riding on ION spring.

How much did that setup cost you?

If you like the luxo ride then get the IONs on stock dampers, will work fairly well if you don't drive like an idiot on bumpy roads. The IONs will work better IMO because the fronts are a progressive spring.

I got my JDM Bilsteins for about $700 shipped (can't remember exactly) and sold the springs for about $150 USD, so I guess they cost me net $550. The IONs were part of the GB.

If I wanted a more luxo ride (mine isn't) I would get the JDM GT Bilsteins on IONs.

Yeh I want to start auto-Xing my car more but want to maintain the reason why I got this car and not a WRX. The luxury and more grown up nature of the LGT are the reasons why I got and the reason why I want to preserve it. How much more of a rough ride do the Bilsteins provide? I was probably going to do the IONs on a stock damper from the get go. That with my JDM rear sway should be a great set up for fun weekends and business weekdays.

Yeh I want to start auto-Xing my car more but want to maintain the reason why I got this car and not a WRX. The luxury and more grown up nature of the LGT are the reasons why I got and the reason why I want to preserve it. How much more of a rough ride do the Bilsteins provide? I was probably going to do the IONs on a stock damper from the get go. That with my JDM rear sway should be a great set up for fun weekends and business weekdays.

You will like that set-up over stock, for sure. The spec-B dampers are rougher over real crappy roads, on reasonable roads it is almost luxo feeling, no bouncy at all!

You will like that set-up over stock, for sure. The spec-B dampers are rougher over real crappy roads, on reasonable roads it is almost luxo feeling, no bouncy at all!

I assume you are referring to the stock dampers and the ION combo. Where can you get the IONs from? If I remember, they go for around 160.00 right? I am also probably going to get the Borla exhaust. :)

I assume you are referring to the stock dampers and the ION combo. Where can you get the IONs from? If I remember, they go for around 160.00 right? I am also probably going to get the Borla exhaust. :)

Stock dampers + IONs are fairly luxo in books.

Do a search for the IONs, there is usually a GB going on, you might still be able to get in.

They are a lot more then $160 though.

in GB#3 mine were $390 something shipped. regular price to LGT members are $399 plus shipping which is about $50-60.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24363

Archived