LegacyGT.com

AVO Mufflers

Scooby Fan

I have been toying with the idea of putting a set of AVO mufflers on my LGT sedan, instead of going the whole "Catback" route. Have any of you done this?:icon_bigg Apparently they bolt right onto the OEM "Y" pipe and use the original rubber hangers. I don't see the point of spending an addition $1000 Cdn for an AVO "Y" pipe and mid silencer:(

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/RM-RS/-11.jpg

Thanks to www.rallitek.com for the images...I copied them from the website.

I would appreciate any feed-back that is available:icon_lol:

The "Other" option is a full BORLA catback....approx. the same price as the AVO mufflers.......any ideas???

depends on what you're looking for. if it's mostly for better looks and sound, then go for it. if you want performance, too, then get a y-pipe.

I realize that just an exhaust sytem (Of any kind) is not going to do much for power on a turbo-charged engine:( I am looking for a little sportier sound and some rear "Bling":icon_lol: I am hoping to get some feedback from someone who has actually done a "Muffler only" set-up on the OEM y pipe.

-----------------------------

Funny....my cat tasted more like duck...musta been eating too much fish:confused:

I realize that just an exhaust sytem (Of any kind) is not going to do much for power on a turbo-charged engine:(

that's not necessarily true. i've heard of numbers in the +25 hp range from just a catback exhaust. that's dyno'd versus the stock exhaust.

I changed out my mufflers only (custom, not AVO) and am very happy with the result. Don't know if there is any performance benefit to the switch, but with that nicer purr you think you're going faster. ;)

I have a 1998 Legacy GT, but it only has a single exhaust...not dual...what do you think the best idea is for that? I would love to get a catback but I really don't want to spend all that much, and I'm not looking for a big performance gain...just something a little sportier, and definitely not ricey. Any recommendations?

does the perrin catback exhaust system require an aftermarket downpipe?

No.

It is made in a way as to work with a stock downpipe or any aftermarket downpipe that is the stock length.

The Perrin mufflers will also mate up to the stock Y and hang in the stock muffler hangers.

The perrin mid/Y pipe will also work in place of the stock mid Y,

All Perrin exhaust parts are the same length as the stock parts.

(And yes, I have test fit them all on my sedan.)

I have the AVO type 2 on my '06 LGT without the "y" pipe. Awesome mufflers if you do not like the noise. They are a little louder than the stock cans. The sound is pretty consistent in the RPM ranges that I've driven. I have not gone above 4000 RPM yet 'cuz I am still on the break-in period. Finish is really "bling". There is room for improvement on welds.

I had the Prodrives before. Another good sounding mufflers but can be loud if used in the wagon.

If you are looking for noise these are the wrong mufflers.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Thanks eL GaTo......I am NOT looking for a lot of noise, just a little of that "Good old boxer rumble" I had a Magna Flow on my '02 RS for a few days about 4 years ago...the headache is just starting to subside now!!! Switched to an SPT catback....Ohhhhh so cool....bling + rumble = :):)

hey Scooby fan, have you done any research on where to get the AVO that won't cost and arm and leg to ship to Canada? I'm like you where i want something sportier but not loud. Think i'm going with the AVO.

If you don't mind, let me know where you see the best price for them and i will do the same.

Sean at Ralli-tek went outside on the phone with me today and spent about 5 mins letting me listen to the AVO exhaust, inside, outside at ground level, etc................

They are not loud at all. His AVO intake is louder then the exhaust.

hey Scooby fan, have you done any research on where to get the AVO that won't cost and arm and leg to ship to Canada? I'm like you where i want something sportier but not loud. Think i'm going with the AVO.

If you don't mind, let me know where you see the best price for them and i will do the same.

Hey ivtec.....I really haven't found anything better than Rallitek........they are going to be at least $1k Cdn to get here, and that is for just the "Cans".....that's the same price as a full Borla catback:icon_mad:

Rocket Rally Racing in Squamish has a full AVO catback for sale for $1200 Cdn but it is used.....they say not "TOO" used but it was on a 400HP LGT for 4 months....I think that is a lot for a well used muffler set-up.

Check it at http://www.rocketrally.com/ if you want:icon_lol:

Cheers:icon_tong

I like the way that looks.

I have heard these on Franz's car, they sound very nice, not to loud, but a good sound. :)

+1 Very nice sound and no droning. A little quieter than the Prodrives.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Hey ivtec.....I really haven't found anything better than Rallitek........they are going to be at least $1k Cdn to get here, and that is for just the "Cans".....that's the same price as a full Borla catback:icon_mad:

Rocket Rally Racing in Squamish has a full AVO catback for sale for $1200 Cdn but it is used.....they say not "TOO" used but it was on a 400HP LGT for 4 months....I think that is a lot for a well used muffler set-up.

Check it at http://www.rocketrally.com/ if you want:icon_lol:

Cheers:icon_tong

thanks for the info...400hp does sound well used :)

1k cdn does sound like a lot for just cans....been debating between that and the borla catback for just a tad more. which AVO cans fit an 05 LGT or is it the same for both 05 and 06?

thanks for the info...400hp does sound well used :)

1k cdn does sound like a lot for just cans....been debating between that and the borla catback for just a tad more. which AVO cans fit an 05 LGT or is it the same for both 05 and 06?

Same cans for the '05 and '06........Don't know where you would get Borla stuff near home, but out here on the "Wet coast" they are $1020 for the whole catback system at MOPAC shops.:icon_lol:

• 3 weeks later...
I'm in the market for mufflers to mate up to my stage 2 with Cobb DP w/ hfc, Perrin center pipe and Ypipe. I've got the stock mufflers now but want a little noise on acceleration but quiet when cruising. Now I have a slightly throaty sound but still too quiet. It's a family wagon for hauling family as well as ass, so it can't be too loud. Thinking of AVO 2 or Lachute. Are they comparable on noise? AVO 2 quieter than Lachute (which I've heard on a stage 2 - nice)?

Anyone installed the Greddy EVO2 on their LGT??

^ Plenty of members. :)

Look around with the search function, and also hit up brother scans007's private website for sound-clips. :) Don't forget, too, that we have a strangely non-stickied "official" exhaust clip thread here as well.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

:icon_bigg Well.......I bit the bullet and went with a full AVO catback.....it is the used one I mentioned in the previous reply :icon_bigg It has the Type 1 tips.

It cost me $800 Cdn. and sounds sweet :lol: :lol: I installed it myself in about an hour.......perfect fit. Just a nice low rumble that is most noticeable at just above idle......GROWL when you are on the gas!!!:icon_twis

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/RM-RS/AVO.jpg

Archived