LegacyGT.com

AVO Mufflers

Scooby Fan

so jealous... if i can find a nice used set i'll go that route. the woman and i are thinking of looking for a house so that'll take most of my money for a while.

enjoy the boxer rumble. there isn't a better sounding engine out there!

I know this is a bit of a "Stretch" but has anyone else noticed this?? Kinda what you might call a side effect of installing a catback on an LGT.:confused:

My car had the "Dreaded" stutter when it was cold and had a noticeable "Turbo surge" at about 3000 RPM......you could really feel the boost come on and the power build.:)

Now with the AVO catback........no stutter at all and the power is smooth and "Linear" all the way from approx. 2000 RPM to the top.:icon_lol: ....Even when it is cold.

• 2 weeks later...
Sean at Ralli-tek went outside on the phone with me today and spent about 5 mins letting me listen to the AVO exhaust, inside, outside at ground level, etc................

They are not loud at all. His AVO intake is louder then the exhaust.

Do you still have the stock center/y-pipe?

That still doesn't tell me if the cans would be loud on my car. e.g. I already have the perrin y/center pipe & cobb dp.

(trying for find quietish cans that flow better than stock).

Sean had the ful AVO TBE with cat, it was pretty quiet. I imagine your car would be about the same assuming you have a catted DP.

Give Sean at Rallitek a call and listen for yourself, he is a good guy and a top notch Vendor!

Do you still have the stock center/y-pipe?

That still doesn't tell me if the cans would be loud on my car. e.g. I already have the perrin y/center pipe & cobb dp.

(trying for find quietish cans that flow better than stock).

If your d/p is catted it will be QUIET....if not, then a bit louder.....if you have "No cats" it will be LOUD.

I ran it with the stock "Y" pipe and the AVO cans.....Quiet.......now I run it with the full AVO CBE....still quiet but "Throaty"

This is all with stock U/P and D/P......BTW...I run an AVO flat filter with the silencer removed and you can definitely hear the filter at all times over the cans.:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived