LegacyGT.com

Just ordered Bilstein - good or bad idea

Title says everything - now the question; did I spend my money ($1750) wisely or maybe not... Opinions about my first real mod welcome.

sorry, I knew I missed something - bilsteins are from Subaru, exact setup like spec-b. wanted to improve drive, without warranty worries. Still bad deal?

$1750 for Bilstein shocks? Thats it?

Sorry bro, but you got taken. Even if that is fair market price for Bilsteins, you can get better for MUCH less.

A full coilover suspension should be around $1500 for a VERY nice set. If you can cancel the order and do some homework.

Comparing Bilsteins to coil-overs it depends on what you are trying to get out of your car.

If you want a bolt in OEM style strut that will improve the cars street performance with little impact on the ride, noise, warranty, etc. of the car then you chose wisely.

If your looking for a full-on race setup with infinite adjustments of ride quality, height, etc. then you chose poorly.

95% of the people who have coil-overs only use about 5% of their potential...

...and for the record if it's just 2 struts & 2 shocks that you got...$1700 is alot...they should be around $1200-$1300

Speaking of which Opie, can US Subaru parts departments get the Bilstein shocks for the wagon? I understand where the sedan owners get them from; the Spec-B.

But from what I've gathered, my rear shocks are differant from the sedans. Would I have to go through a differant source?

Archived