LegacyGT.com

im just curious ...

It is much safer and easier to leave when you are backed into a spot. When people back out of a spot they have huge blind spots and can't tell if anyone is driving there.

Also I can drink coffee, talk on cell phone, etc. while I drive m/t in heavy traffic. It just takes practice.

Just wanted to chime in, I backin to park about 99% of the time. Just makes life so much easier to pull out when getting to go.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

in Japan almost 99.9% of the time people "back in" when they park.

I think i saw that ... thats what kinda got me started with my old car ... but i odnt did it about 10% of the time with the explorer ... 90 for me with the leggy

I love my car ... basically.

i almost never do. I can't think of a time when I figured I would need a quick escape. :icon_conf

It takes more time to park that way than it does to back out of the spot usually and if you're far parking or end parking, you usually aren't having your vision obstructed by the ubiquitous SUVs in the lots. And if you are, you still can't see before you pull out, so you still have to go slow. :shrug:

We've made it a company policy (like a lot of trucking companies) to back into a space, so you don't have to back out. In most states if you hit anyone while backing, you're at fault.

seems most people who are rich enough to drive these 'nice' cars drive automatics and probably couldnt back their into a spot or parallel park for that matter.

Where I come from if you can afford a LGT, you're rich. Which makes your comment interesting....

We live on a hill and find few people other than residents who can parallel park uphill and/or to the left.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived