LegacyGT.com

im just curious ...

do y'all back your Subies into parking spots, its just become habit for me to back in my car into spaces now ... in addition to parking away from everyone else haha. I have noticed this thing among my friends, people who drive nicers cars back them into parking spaces.
I love my car ... basically.

I don't bother particularly with "out of the way" spots - but if I can get a "corner" or "side" spot, I'll definitley go for it, and edge the vehicle as close to the dead-side as much as possible. :)

I figure that living in the city, she's bound to get ding'ed and dented at some point in her life...after all, she's an everyday driver.

As for head-out parking? Unless the parking space/lot/deck specifically forbids it, I almost *always* do it - the sole caveat comes if I know I'm going to be loading/unloading big or bulky items from the trunk.

After all, heading-out is the preferred escape-and-evasion method of Jack Bauer and The Transporter !

:lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I almost always back in, and I also look for the end spots, and park as close to the edge as possible. No dings yet!

If it's a double facing type parking, I pull thru, and still try for an end spot, or I'll park out away from everyone else.

The wifey gets mad sometimes, as I have been know to be anal about my parking spot. :icon_tong

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

Always back in....not only that but I also only park @ a end spot.

Even in the garage....both vehicles are "Backed in"

The wifey won't back the Cruiser in so I do Eeeeeet!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

hmm.. i back into my spot at work, but it's because i get in early. there's no one around and it's easy to do so. after work, it's more crowded and people drive around the parking deck like idiots so it's easier and safer to just drive straight out.

almost always back in, and I also look for the end spots, and park as close to the edge as possible. No dings yet!

If it's a double facing type parking, I pull thru, and still try for an end spot, or I'll park out away from everyone else.

The wifey gets mad sometimes, as I have been know to be anal about my parking spot. :icon_tong

^ +1

should have made this a poll

:confused: whats the big deal about backing in all the time, especially in public? when i parked out back of my house i would back in b/c it's easier to pull out b/c it's ungodly narrow back there, plus my driveway is between my mailbox and the powerbox (which i took out in the moving truck on day one!) for my section of townhouses. i never back in when im out in public. just never found a reason too, plus i like being able to find my car by it's dirty large ass when i walk out of a store :lol:

Kenda:dm:

I usually drive thru to the space so it just looks like i backed in. All you manual drivers are just jealous of my 5EAT because I can drink coffee in heavy traffic while talking on my cell phone... ;) Always park so you can make a clean get away. Never know if CTU is on to you...

I usually drive thru to the space so it just looks like i backed in. All you manual drivers are just jealous of my 5EAT because I can drink coffee in heavy traffic while talking on my cell phone... ;) Always park so you can make a clean get away. Never know if CTU is on to you...

I can assure you im not jealous ... :lol: i would never trade the thrill of driving a manual so i could drink coffee or talk an a cell phone hhahah

I love my car ... basically.

I back into spots about 80% of the time (always have, even with my not so nice cars before, so it's not really because of the car for me)...When I don't back in, it's either because it's a one way parking lot or someone's in the car or waiting for me...

I try to park at end spots like most other people (unless there's a tree above that drips sap)...But don't worry too much about parking away from people anymore....the last time I did that, there was no one within 20 spaces of me, I come out and there's a ton of people parked next me, except for the side that I now have a door ding...

Archived