LegacyGT.com

STi Spec-B Spring Packaging...

aldo ixnay

I've never bought springs before, so please attempt to be somewhat civil even if my question seems kinda silly or obvious. :icon_bigg

I'm trying to confirm I was sent the correct springs for STi Front and Rear Spec-B MT Sedan specific. The springs came in two boxes with the rears placed in the middle of the fronts. Now my question is do springs come packaged as a set like this from STi or did they try to save shipping charges by taking the rears out of their own box and put them in with the fronts? I've looked the springs over and I don't see a part number painted or stamped on them.

The reason I ask is that there are three different front and three different rear part numbers on these springs and one vendor I asked actually had the wrong springs.

The boxes have the correct part numbers for the Front GT-B MT Sedan on them so I am assuming they are sold in sets: one box for left and one box for right. The Front GT-B MT Sedan springs are not for any other model like the other front spring part numbers so it would make sense to sell them together in a set. Can anyone please confirm?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian - I got my set the same way, it's to save on shipping. AVO sent mine with the P/N from the rear box cut out and placed in the front boxes for my records.

They come like that, now hurry up and put them on. You will love the ride. Quieter, smoother over small bumps with significantly less squat and dive. The only other thing you have to do now (if you have not) is get a big rear sway bar on the car.

If SOA had put these 2 things on the s-b from the factory it would have blown the competition away in the various mid price AWD sport comparisons, hands down. Amazing they did not since their cost would have been an additional 3-4 hundred bucks.

RJO

• 2 weeks later...

What Springs are these ? and where did you guys buy them from ? Im looking for springs but I want minimal drop but an increase in stiffness. I have 17x8 wheels with 245/40x17's. I would like a Subaru option be it JDM or USDM.

thanks

John

Where are people buying STi spec.B parts? I looked at the Vendor section, but I don't know one vendor from another yet. For all I know, the correct one may not be there.

Help a new guy out. :)

BTW -- How much do these springs cost? I've grown accustomed to paying out the rear for European parts, having had two VWs. I imagine these are a bit cheaper?

Archived